Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Especially considering they nerfed the same thing for Viking several months ago.
    The problem with that logic is that with Viking wasn't a nerf but a retooling for awakening and he went from being a benchwarmer to getting some use in the game. Had they done something to combat the problem that invader was only useful in one aspect of the game by buffing other aspects while removing the power gained by that move there wouldn't be nearly as much backlash.

Again, the complaint is not that we lost an Eddie who can solo odin (considering odin is less worthwile than Baph) but that an Eddie who we spent literal days of grinding to get is now worthless.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    And they also nerfed both viking and viking invader eds with the decreased extra turn chance, plus invader's decrease in power gained. So now regular viking is now much less effective as well, with the decreased extra turn chance now on both his power moves, maraud and blood axe. Seems excessive. Why nerf maraud as well? It just healed, no attack. 2 good eds, now pretty meh. Thanks again.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    Again, the complaint is not that we lost an Eddie who can solo odin (considering odin is less worthwile than Baph) but that an Eddie who we spent literal days of grinding to get is now worthless.
    How long you been playing??

Your statement could be said about at least 30% of the Eddies....

But what I mean is long before awakening.. Viking's Marauder gave him infinite extra turns, the same way Blood Axe was giving Invader infinite extra turns.. they nerfed that then for Viking -- again this was months before "awakening" was even a thing.... so it's reasonable to expect when they FINALLY get around to actually testing Invader and see the same issue.. they nerf it there too.

None of this is "new". In fact, if you DON'T expect your favorite Ed/character to get nerfed.. you're overlooking history. Once an Ed/character shows he has a unique ability to make something drastically easier than all other characters..... they remove or cripple that benefit. It's not something they just started doing with Invader Ed.

... just wait until a few months pass and they start nerfing the Odins....
    Last edited by Yup; 07-09-2020 at 07:56 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Maraud was perfect for the “do x times power move” and then fury during arena events.
    Yeah, they both got the snip.
    Proud member of Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I am just going to point out something. The devs sure nerfed blood axe very quickly but haven't fixed the actual bug with that move. It still applies perfect bleed to invader Eddie himself. Not just the enemies.
    Last edited by Phoenix-7282; 07-09-2020 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo
    Currently taking an indefinite break from the game due to personal reasons.

OS
    iOS
    Dev's Standard To Do List

#1: Remove any unexpected behavior which benefits players
    #2: Everything else
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-7282 View Post
    I am just going to point out something. The devs sure nerfed blood axe very quickly but haven't fixed the actual bug with that move. It still applies perfect bleed to invader Eddie himself. Not just the enemies.
    I originally assumed the perfect bleed on himself was intended, as the downside to the guaranteed extra turn. You could keep using it infinitely with Invader Eddie, but if you messed up, or the enemy countered it somehow, you'd be in a lot of trouble.

I like today's hotfix changing the Trooper keys in the Trooper store to key souls, that will be very useful.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    I like today's hotfix changing the Trooper keys in the Trooper store to key souls, that will be very useful.
    Thanks for pointing that out. That is a nice change.
    Currently taking an indefinite break from the game due to personal reasons.

OS
    Android
    Lol, ya I started clicking on them, thinking they were souls, to stock up on trooper keys for the event, just before they made the change, then realized oh no those arent souls, just wasted 15000 trooper badges and had to scramble to set up a team and all the talis etc that second to get at least a bit of use out of one of the 3 keys I just opened
    Then they made the change the next day, so I went looking for them in the store, and found a free Viral key instead, and opened that, again thinking it was a soul, from the new change. Then, oh no that's not a soul, again,... Lol. What an idiot At least I didn't have to scramble to use up the 16 hour viral key grumble grumble.
    Great change though, going forward. Wish they'd be consistent and make them all souls in the store, though i can see how some would like having the key open immediately - I'm not one of them though

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    How long you been playing??

Your statement could be said about at least 30% of the Eddies....

But what I mean is long before awakening.. Viking's Marauder gave him infinite extra turns, the same way Blood Axe was giving Invader infinite extra turns.. they nerfed that then for Viking -- again this was months before "awakening" was even a thing.... so it's reasonable to expect when they FINALLY get around to actually testing Invader and see the same issue.. they nerf it there too.

None of this is "new". In fact, if you DON'T expect your favorite Ed/character to get nerfed.. you're overlooking history. Once an Ed/character shows he has a unique ability to make something drastically easier than all other characters..... they remove or cripple that benefit. It's not something they just started doing with Invader Ed.

... just wait until a few months pass and they start nerfing the Odins....
    I have been playing for years and complaining for years.

Just because this has been happening doesn't make it a good thing or something we should be ok with.

The fact that so many eds are benchwarmers was part of my complaint.

Of course they're going to nerf Odins once a lot of us have him and that's because the team doesn't make balanced characters and don't bother with balancing until they can't ignore how badly they were made in the first place.

I'm glad you can be content with how poorly this game has been ran but I will keep complaining about the poor practices that are all over this app.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 07-09-2020 at 08:48 PM.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591