Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    when will ST amulets be returned to players?

OS
    iOS
    Was invader Eddie ever good? I don’t think I’ve ever used that one even with the T3 cosmic. Viking Eddie’s fury was better is all I remember.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    Was invader Eddie ever good? I don’t think I’ve ever used that one even with the T3 cosmic. Viking Eddie’s fury was better is all I remember.
    That's the thing he was pointless except for the fact that his power move gave us a 100% success rate Odin X.

Now that's gone and we are left with Jack all after grinding through 25000 dungeon runs. Real kick in the teeth if you ask me.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Invader is still a great farming Ed.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    We have two dozen other great farming eds. They removed the one thing that made him special, especially for all those who spent so much for him. That and reducing the extra turns. I was also trying to decide on a few toons to max awaken, including viking, when I saw these planned nerfs, otherwise would have been doubly pissed.

OS
    Android
    Anyone who thought they weren't going to nerf blood axe was living in a fantasy world.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Anyone who thought they weren't going to nerf blood axe was living in a fantasy world.
    It is sad that we are kidding ourselves to think that the powers that be wouldn't ignore player satisfaction, feedback, or even play their own game. But I'm going to be frank nerfing viking ed isn't the problem but is once again proving that the team rarely fixes problems in the game but instead just fixes the symptoms.

This isn't like he's an older character who predates Odin and has gone through multiple nerfs/buffs. He was designed as part of our arsenal against Odin and now is worthless in that part of the game. Looking at other toons all of their reworks lately have been to make them viable in raids. Viking invader was intentionally made to be worthless there.

Let's look at the damage if he would have been kept as is. At max you have 29 players who can use him 5 times a week for a total for 435000 raid points with an extra 3000 for unlucky soul who unlocked Odins 1-9 and can't guarantee that their amulets will refresh Viking invader. You still have over half of the way to SSS to go and frankly you've wasted those amulets. With proper planning and talisman management you can get more than 6000 raid points(assuming they optimized and also used it to also refresh a 3 toon team out of a single amulet. 1,000,000 isn't nearly as big as hurdle with Baphomet in the mix.

If anything this tells me that raid points need to be re-balanced not one character who players slogged their way through one of the worst server laden periods of the game to play frontier dungeons 25000 times. The time and resources that are now wasted is the insult not that, yet again, the change is only addressing a symptom and not the cause.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Hmm, bait and switch, anyone? Seems to be a recurring theme here: dangle the expensive carrot with the great op 'bugs', wait til word gets out and everyone's gone crazy spending all their resources to get it, then just nerf it later once they've made their money and everyone's moved on, snicker snicker. How many times have we seen this? Yawn. What was the name of that other similar, better game that was mentioned, Raids? Think I might check that out soon.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Hmm, bait and switch, anyone? Seems to be a recurring theme here: dangle the expensive carrot with the great op 'bugs', wait til word gets out and everyone's gone crazy spending all their resources to get it, then just nerf it later once they've made their money and everyone's moved on, snicker snicker. How many times have we seen this? Yawn. What was the name of that other similar, better game that was mentioned, Raids? Think I might check that out soon.
    Hey, at least this time they didn't release a $99 USD pack containing him right before the announcing the nerf. That BS move they pulled with Banshees was one of the shadiest things they've ever done.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Especially considering they nerfed the same thing for Viking several months ago.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..