Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Fourm and Game death

just an observation but this game is dieing slowly players are leaving like air from slow puncture and there has been graveyards that have been more active than this fourm best way to see this is to look at arena and gauntlet u can climb far higher far faster with even less effort wont be long until navigator games and nodding frog go down the same route as road house

OS
    iOS
    One view is that there is much less chat here and more between clan members on different sites - I am hardly on here these days as I chat to my clan mates about the game. This forum was never massively active anyway and with clans now being the main area for a lot of folk I think most of that chat is happening there. Well that is certainly my experience of the game since clans began.

I got a bit over the bickering on here that we see from time to time and I prefer to chat to my clans buds more as I know them better than folks on here and we all have a common goal to work towards - so for me the forum is now a dead space most of the time and I only really come on once or twice a week, if that.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    One view is that there is much less chat here and more between clan members on different sites - I am hardly on here these days as I chat to my clan mates about the game. This forum was never massively active anyway and with clans now being the main area for a lot of folk I think most of that chat is happening there. Well that is certainly my experience of the game since clans began.

I got a bit over the bickering on here that we see from time to time and I prefer to chat to my clans buds more as I know them better than folks on here and we all have a common goal to work towards - so for me the forum is now a dead space most of the time and I only really come on once or twice a week, if that.
    yeah thats true but the game is still dying

OS
    Android
    I wouldn't say it's dying per se. Just like the game has changed hands between 3(?) different management teams, this is a mobile game and player retention is less of an important metric than concurrent players and income from IAPs.

I'll agree that this game is not headed in a smart direction with support tickets that go untouched for months, bugs that have gone unresolved for much longer, and focus on pushing out new content that obviously wasn't tested enough. Yet with all my complaining about the management of the game, I'm still here because when it works and you avoid the bugged content(still refusing to use the killer since we're lying that he never works right) it is fun even with the events dictating what you should be spending your time on while in app.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Also remember that with covid-19, Iron Maiden can't tour right now. That's a lot of advertising hype missing.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    I don't think the game is falling overly, but the forum does seem a lot quieter.
    Before clans I feel like there was a lot more willingness to share information about how to win in addition to the obligatory complaints about the state of things overall.
    Once clans rolled out discord channels became more prevalent for information sharing. I've never used Twitter, hate Facebook, and only used this forum for game information before clans. Once clans came about, and I was strongly encouraged to join a discord forum dedicated to this, I found less and less reason to be here. I still check the forum, but it's been much quieter it seems.
    In a way I've always thought that might be bad for the game as there are some great conversations happening about this game and the content that the devs and other users will never see. I'm sure this is true in many of the discord and whatever other communications channels people have moved to.

This used to be listed as the official forum for the game, and I think it is even linked from the game website. but I feel the devs have never fully utilized it. There has always been content that goes onto other channels that never shows up here unless a player chooses to post it. That always surprised me. I've seen links here to some of the other content that gets posted and it looks really relevant and interesting, but I am not going to go to Facebook, Twitter, or other channels chasing information. I love the character cards I've seen, but not enough to create those accounts to see all of them. It has always seemed that there is no one single source to go to for all of the best information on LoTB.

It would be nice to see more people sharing more information here more often. I feel that there is still a lot of content that doesn't need to have secrecy around it that everyone could benefit from.
    I would love to see some of the content that gets posted by the devs to the other forums referenced here if this is really the official forum. It's just a few more subfolders.

Aside from the bugs it's a great game with a great theme and a fan base that goes way beyond the digital content here.

As for ranking in arena and gauntlet. There is only so much time in a day. Event requirements have continued to go up higher and higher. It used to be possible to devote time to arena, gauntlet, and still get whatever the weekly event was done in a reasonable time. Now people have to pick and choose what is important. Arena and gauntlet take time. Moving talismans, building teams. And don't forget you need to complete hundreds of runs of the current event in a given week. What I have noticed is that upper middle tiers of arena have become a lot tougher. I used to be able to blow through teams up to about rank 150-200, but during the last arena event I saw teams in the 1000s and lower that were darn tough to play against. These people clearly have the characters, talismans, and knowledge to build (or copy) teams that are effective. They likely don't have the time to rank up higher or choose not to. And heaven forbid people have work, families, or other people in their life that would like attention outside of the increasing requirements to keep up in this game.
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    Android
    From 2.5 years ago:

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...-and-dead-game

Likely, someone will refer to this current thread 2.5 years from now.
    Last edited by druid138; 07-09-2020 at 03:53 AM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Wow. Seems very little has changed since then, and we're all still bitching about the exact same issues now. Sad. Come on, rejuvenate this game! MlotbGA!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Wow. Seems very little has changed since then, and we're all still bitching about the exact same issues now. Sad. Come on, rejuvenate this game! MlotbGA!
    Hey, we had the Dev Q&A with a whole bunch of non-answers since then. The complaint about not hearing from the dev team has been upgraded to "hear nothing of worth from the dev team"
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    My point in my prior post is that the current complaints are the same as they have always been. I've been playing since the day the game launched, and the game's imminent death has been predicted several times over the past 3+ years. Yet, here we are. The game is not perfect, but, in my opinion, it's about the best it's ever been. And, I expect that 2.5 years from now, we'll see similar complaints and predictions of imminent death, while the game keeps running (on and on).
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell