Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

I'm calling it quits for an unknown time.

I think I've come to a point in going to stop playing for a while, if not permanent. I can't justify the time requirement for my devices to be tied up with this game.

It would be ok if the grind was less time to get X toon. I'd rather have actual quests to gain things. I even thought about sacrificing about 200 of my more common tons and starting over, but I can't see wasting the building time again for outdated characters.

This game is too buggy to play without freezing or whatever. So I'll rest and check back to see the new worlds....

OS
    Android
    Farewell Huck, and good luck staying away. I said the same thing around October last year. Then when I came back in mid-April to see the 'new worlds' I was not surprised to see that nothing new was added in all that time. Some new toons, talis and frontier dungeons, sure, but those don't count as new content. Last year the devs said we'd get at least Avalon this year, now they are saying next year. You may be gone a while if you'll only come back for new worlds.

That being said, enjoy your time away. It is liberating to leave the game, but it can be equally liberating to play this game for fun and not worry about the FOMO shoved in our faces. I miss out on the latest and greatest all the time, but end up getting the toons eventually. Sure, they may not be as useful by the time I get them, but at least I do. Since I don't give a rats ass about arena and gauntlet (I play just enough to get the rewards I want and the new gauntlet toon by the time the season ends) I only care about going after the achievements. Hopefully they can hold me over until Avalon and Silent Planet.

Enjoy RL. Anyone who plays this game for a while deserves a break once it starts feeling like a chore.

OS
    iOS
    To bad!

But I can see the point. There really should be MISSIONS to get these new characters no 6 day or a couple weeks of grinding. I think they've completely forgotten the missions tab is even there.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I completely understand the need to take a break from things, especially when something fun turns into drudgery - it happens. I mean, why torture yourself burning through hours of gameplay for the latest 25K-fragment-character-of-the-month when it will probably show up in the frontier store within a year?

I feel that it is really about knowing what aspects of the game that you enjoy and focusing on them, and not being distracted by all the shiny new goodies they constantly hurl at us. Fun is fun, but an endless chase can lead to madness...

I hope that your time away can help you find perspective.
    Blazpheme-5782, Member of Soulreaper Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    To bad!

But I can see the point. There really should be MISSIONS to get these new characters no 6 day or a couple weeks of grinding. I think they've completely forgotten the missions tab is even there.
    This. I couldn't agree more. What keeps me playing right now is all the achievements I still have yet to get. I took a good 6 month or so break shortly after awakenable characters were introduced so I have quite a back log. Once I finish these, I'm not sure there will be enough to keep me wanting to play. More missions and regular REAL content (i.e. Avalon and Silent Planet and whatever else they have plans for) will keep me coming back. The daily grind...not so much.

As Blaspheme said, focus on what's fun and not the new shiny toy and the game has better chances to stay fun. That's what I did when I came back and now I don't stress.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    To bad!

But long term goals don't generate FOMO and this team only seems to know how to make money off of FOMO. They're a business and we are just wallets.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    But long term goals don't generate FOMO and this team only seems to know how to make money off of FOMO. They're a business and we are just wallets.
    That's the problem...if they made the game based around long term goals more they would still make the money they are making now. Those that buy already will still spend the money regardless of the long term goal route. They don't wanna wait that long. It's like how EA made all the characters unlock-able in Battlefront 2 by chasing long term goals, but also made them available through a pay wall. It was doable the long way, but people still spent the money to unlock them right away.

Of course, EA got an endless amount of shit for that, and rightfully so. It's a $60 game where at LOTB is free. I understand the difference between these two games, but I feel the example still applies. If LOTB made everything obtainable with long term goals as well as pay walls, they will still make their money. Those that buy all the new toons now will continue to buy them while those that don't spend money at all will chase the long term goals.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Maybe I'm wrong and if NF were to allow everything to be obtainable with long term goals they would go bankrupt.

One thing is for certain: people will complain about everything.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironstyle View Post
    That's the problem...if they made the game based around long term goals more they would still make the money they are making now. Those that buy already will still spend the money regardless of the long term goal route. They don't wanna wait that long. It's like how EA made all the characters unlock-able in Battlefront 2 by chasing long term goals, but also made them available through a pay wall. It was doable the long way, but people still spent the money to unlock them right away.

Of course, EA got an endless amount of shit for that, and rightfully so. It's a $60 game where at LOTB is free. I understand the difference between these two games, but I feel the example still applies. If LOTB made everything obtainable with long term goals as well as pay walls, they will still make their money. Those that buy all the new toons now will continue to buy them while those that don't spend money at all will chase the long term goals.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Maybe I'm wrong and if NF were to allow everything to be obtainable with long term goals they would go bankrupt.

One thing is for certain: people will complain about everything.
    All solid points but the problem is the team has decided they don't even want to try long term anymore. The few things that were long term goals recently were introduced with a FOMO event first and then a delay of months.

My biggest problem with all the FOMO baiting is the content is almost always broken or when it's not they decide it is too good and nerf it to uselessness.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Agreed. That's why I don't care if I get the new toons or talis anymore. I will get them eventually. I just wanna enjoy the game without getting frustrated anymore.

OS
    iOS
    Truth is I'm very close to calling it quits as well. I mean what's left to do? I've hit #1 in Gauntlet and Arena a couple times. Most achievements are done.. except the one they just added.. which just means I need to repeat a dungeon yet again 300 times to get another shitty red/yellow +15% HP cosmic talisman.... I mean the ONLY thing there for long term players is the next event and FOMO. They aren't interested at all about adding ANYTHING other than very short term $$$ stuff. The app becomes a quest for the next PURCHASE... not the next level. I've honestly been playing this apps "bigger brother" - Raid Shadow Legends - more lately.... at least there I FEEL like I'm actually progressing rather than waiting to see what the next purchase event is.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..