OS
    Android

Returning player looking for tips

So I've been away from the game for what I'd say has been just around 2 years or so. Last time I was playing was when the brave new world stuff had just come out and if I recall correctly when the book of souls toons were brand new. Decided to jump back into the game now and wow there's so much new stuff that I feel completely lost, almost like a new player. So far I'm doing alright with my old team setup (Cyborg Eddie, assassin golden son, Wrath, Magus corrupted rescuer) but I'm starting to hit a hard roadblock on Night City, and it's just normal difficulty! Given that I have none of these new toons at my disposal, I was just wondering where I should start from to take my team to the next level.

I'm just pretty lost as far as new meta goes, given that I've found some sub level 80 4* teams that I couldn't beat in pvp due to the ridiculous passives and buffs that some of the new toons give. And also just in general know if any of my old toons are actually still useful lol. Cyborg Eddie was the hottest guy around back then, but he feels a bit weaker to me now. As secondary options I still have my carriage rider and Grim Reaper Eddies but they aren't as decked out. Still got some other interesting toons in my team like Lady Azov, gunner corrupt rescuer and warrior troll along with a couple of valkyries that I haven't completely maxed, but I'm wondering if I just need to start digging for a completely new team at this point. And sorry for the wall of text lol, it's just been a lot to take in.
    id: Esteban-6524

OS
    Android
    Carush, there is so much to try and explain. The first thing is to join a clan to start earning those rewards
    Right now the arena is probably out of reach. Try and do as much gauntlet and raids as possible once you join a clan
    You could drop as low as you can in the arena to earn iron coins. Those are more valuable than the weekly arena rewards.

Some of the newer players may be of more help in picking teams and toons to level. The talisman have become more important than most toons. So start getting some of the new OP talis.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    First of all, welcome back!

Second of all, I'd say one thing to know is these days it's more about the talismans and which toon can wear them. Cyborg is supposed to be a beast when fully awakened. My Grim Reaper Ed is fully maxed and he's great. A lot of toons have character specific cosmic talismans which make them even better.

Work on getting tons of iron coins, going to the PvP store and buying all the relics. It's a long grind, but it's what was needed back when Night City came out. That and toons that can stun so the enemy never gets a chance to take a turn.

My biggest piece of advice though is to not take the game too seriously and don't get caught up in the FOMO. Most things are obtainable at some point. Take it slow and don't try to beat everything as fast a possible or get every new toon or talisman as fast as possible. Don't sweat it if you don't get the new shiny toy. Do this and you likely won't get burnt out of the game too quickly. Just have fun with it.

Oh, and join a good clan and join their discord. Work together on the raid bosses to max your points for the best rewards. Get good talisman set ups and max them out.

Again, welcome back and take it easy. Playing to get everything as soon as it's released will only make you leave again sooner than later.

Have fun!

OS
    iOS
    Valkyries are crap.. Corrupt rescuers are crap... basically anything from 2 years ago is crap unless you can awaken it. Older toons may be somewhat useful for *specific* achievements when needed. So I wouldn't suggest dumping anything.. but to get to the current meta, you need awaken-able toons... Cyborg can be awakened.. GRE can be awakened.... Azov can be awakened... etc....

Carriage rider, so far.. is useless now.. but who knows.. he may be awaken-able next month.... Keep all the Eds... but start looking at awaking them and start looking for better allies.

And yeah.. 5 and 6 set talismans are MUCH, MUCH, better than any of the older 2 or 3 sets.

Don't get me wrong.. if you were using characters for story mode, those characters should still be good, but talismans may need updating. For PVP, you need to start over basically. With the rapid power scale in this app, even characters from 3 months ago won't hold up in PVP upper levels.
    Last edited by Yup; 08-06-2020 at 06:39 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironstyle View Post
    First of all, welcome back!

My Grim Reaper Ed is fully maxed and he's great. A lot of toons have character specific cosmic talismans which make them even better.
    Hey there Ironstyle, where did you farm the occult awakening shards for Grim Reaper Ed? I still need 4 to max him out.
    LOCUST-8157

Current Champion - Grim Reaper Eddie
    Clan - East End Eddies

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCUST View Post
    Hey there Ironstyle, where did you farm the occult awakening shards for Grim Reaper Ed? I still need 4 to max him out.
    The Mystic Night dungeon drops them very rarely and their always available during sac events
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    The Mystic Night dungeon drops them very rarely and their always available during sac events
    Thanks for the info! What exactly is a 'sac' event?

Cheers
    LOCUST-8157

Current Champion - Grim Reaper Eddie
    Clan - East End Eddies

OS
    Android
    A sac event is specifically when there is an event that requires sacrificing characters into the bBook of Souls pit to earn rewards. Every time you fill a vortex you gain between 15 - 25 alchemist frags. The occult shards can be purchased with these alchemist frags.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around