Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Updates from the News Frontier - August 6th 2020

Welcome to this week's News Frontier!

Last week was a busy week! The State of the Nation post was released AND we had our first ever Twitch Stream, debuting The Navigators Revenge dungeon along with Blackbeard Eddie and the Sentinel Skeleton Pirate.

The recorded video of The Navigators Revenge stream is available on YouTube below!

The Navigators Revenge Reveal Stream

We appreciate everyone being there, it was a lot of fun and we fully intend on bringing more streams to you for New Dungeons, Characters and features. This might branch further out into other forms of Live Stream, but that is something we plan on discussing as a studio!

Server Restarts

I don't have too much to share on this topic, as soon we have news it will be shared! I can say that the team and I have seen your feedback regarding this subject and they are working towards changes that will stabilize restarts.

It's a light week in terms of news, always hard to follow up the State of the Nation post! Stay tuned and we will see you next week!

Signing off

^ Ceeg
    Ceeg
    Social and Community Advocate

OS
    Android
    Here's a bunch of nothing in accordance with our trend of empty words and promises.

Also did anyone actually get anything of worth from that stream? No tough questions were answered or addressed and it just showed a dungeon we'd be getting in a few hours.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Steam spent WAY too much time on character abilities and powering them up to be a useful stream. If the dungeon was the focus then.. it should be the focus... describing ENEMY abilities with tips on specific battles. To be honest.. I jumped ahead.. then ahead.. then WAY ahead.... and watched part of the first battle.. way too slow manual play and no real useful information. People don't HAVE Blackbeard yet, for the most part. So, using him in that dungeon is NOT helpful.

I realize it's a first.. so it may take a few to get in a groove. So not complaining, merely trying to add some constructive criticism.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Just showing the dungeon without going into detail about any aspect was pretty annoying. If you aren't actually going to delve into detail or engage in worthwhile conversation with the audience one of their highlight videos would have been just as much use.

Some other constructive criticism: don't delete chat and mute people who bring up the fact that tickets still take weeks. Fix the issue, don't just try to sweep it under the rug. Sure, delete messages that are rude or disrespectful, but that doesn't include simple mentions of huge issues with the game and its staff.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    This wasn't a stream to address community concerns, it was to highlight an upcoming dungeon and some characters. Generate a bit of hype. It wasn't planned to give specific details on how to beat fights. We have discussed streams where we will take community questions on topics that come up, but this was not the stream for that so questions that concerned it were skipped for the most part. Thanks for the feedback, Yup.
    Ceeg
    Social and Community Advocate

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    This wasn't a stream to address community concerns, it was to highlight an upcoming dungeon and some characters. Generate a bit of hype. It wasn't planned to give specific details on how to beat fights. We have discussed streams where we will take community questions on topics that come up, but this was not the stream for that so questions that concerned it were skipped for the most part. Thanks for the feedback, Yup.
    You say skipped, but multiple users were muted and their critical comments were deleted. It's fine to not address them (which the team constantly do) but actively silencing those who bring up valid concerns is a nasty habit.

The problem is our concerns are very rarely addressed and never in a timely manner. If you don't want users to bring it up on your stream, where are we supposed to bring it up?
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 08-07-2020 at 12:42 AM.

MuzakMaker-3591

I’m just going to play devils advocate here, I’m sure the devs are aware of the bug and ticket issues. Perhaps 100s of messages but it’s the same issue, f.ex. Bug with X character. The silence probably is due to not having an answer/timeline for fixing from debugging to coding. But we do see frequent maintenance with tuning fixes.

My point is just play Powerslave or whatever cd of theirs you wish, feel the power from the audio as your mesmerized by the cover art. It will be impossible to be stressed out over the app as your possessed to head bang and play air guitar.

OS
    iOS
    I enjoyed the Twitch livestream. I wasn’t expecting much, and it delivered. Was fun to see the preview.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    I’m just going to play devils advocate here, I’m sure the devs are aware of the bug and ticket issues. Perhaps 100s of messages but it’s the same issue, f.ex. Bug with X character. The silence probably is due to not having an answer/timeline for fixing from debugging to coding. But we do see frequent maintenance with tuning fixes.

My point is just play Powerslave or whatever cd of theirs you wish, feel the power from the audio as your mesmerized by the cover art. It will be impossible to be stressed out over the app as your possessed to head bang and play air guitar.
    They're definitely aware but they've done jack all to rectify or pacify.

And I just can't listen to Iron Maiden without realizing how amazing this game could be with a team that was actually decent at managing an app. Fix the management issues and this game could be stellar and not have a community filled with bad blood and veteran players dropping out as they realize the game just isn't as good as it should be.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    I wouldn't say the community is "filled" with bad blood... people, in general, RARELY post "everything is great!" on the internet. So, negative comments will ALWAYS outweigh positive ones anywhere about anything. If things bother you that much, perhaps you're a bit too attached to some silly little app?

I've considered dropping out and I do play much less these days.. but that's more due to lack of anything new, not any issues or bugs.. in fact I think in a year I've only filed one ticket. And I don't believe I've EVER filed more than one ticket that wasn't directly related to a purchase issue. If you're filing a ticket a month or more often and they AREN'T related to purchases....... I think you may need to reset your overall expectations. I know they set up "events" to seem like a job... but it's just some silly little mobile app designed to take your money... not be your life's blood.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..