Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Updates from the News Frontier - August 13th 2020

Welcome to this week's News Frontier!

The team are firing on all cylinders in prep for Septembers Monthly event which will include a brand new Eddie and multiple new Allies to chase after!

Normally I would share some of the exciting Art pieces that the team have been working on in the News Frontier, but this month I will be keeping those for the Twitch stream at the end of the month. The date for this is still being locked down, but we are working in the feedback, to make the stream happen with at least 24 hours before the Event starts. So with that in mind, our tentative date for the stream is August 28th at 10am PST (event will not be live until August 31st 5pm PST). I will make sure to announce when this is confirmed!

Once again, this will not be a stream to answer questions about the future of the game, that burning question you have been holding onto or what I had for breakfast (an espresso and apple granola for those who are curious!). If you want to ask those questions, feel free to do it here and I will answer as best as possible.

Bug reporting and Squashing

Fenrir Fragments - One of the Clan event challenges are granting the incorrect type of Fenrir Fragments (it’s giving the ones from his previous event). We will be adding one more easy Challenge to complete to allow players to collect the correct Fenrir fragments.

Arena exploit team with Crusader Eddie - Reported, reproduced and resolved! The fix will be implemented in an upcoming Client release. Unfortunately due to the nature of the solution and the current state of development, this cannot be released as a Hotfix.

Cyborg Eddie and his Cosmic Talisman - Reports of Cyborg Eddie causing game freezes have been coming in since the release of his Cosmic Talisman. Changes have been implemented over time to try and adjust for this but nothing has worked in the way the team envisioned. So in an upcoming update, his Cosmic Talisman will be getting a rework. It will be kept at its current strength or made even better, but the changes are designed to remove the game freezes that are currently a factor.

Shaking off the Dust

Who is an older Character you would like to see modernized? Recently we have seen the return of some of our older characters, giving them a new lease of life if you will, and would like to continue this! Who are some Eddies or Allies that you would like to see again?

Gauntlet Season 8

The new season of The Gauntlet is just around the corner, going live this weekend. We have been keeping the Exclusive character under-wraps, but I have a sneaky screenshot that I can share today, as well as some of his ability effects! Who do you think this might be?

Name:  Teaser_v1.png
Views: 2244
Size:  264.7 KB

Name:  Teaser_v2.png
Views: 2157
Size:  1.36 MB

Name:  Teaser_v3.png
Views: 1753
Size:  1.40 MB

That's it for this week,

Signing off

^ Ceeg
    Ceeg
    Social and Community Advocate

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    The team are firing on all cylinders in prep for Septembers Monthly event which will include a brand new Eddie and multiple new Allies to chase after!
    Any word on when you'll be increasing the max toons/talismans/souls inventory slot limits? No more room for any new ones! 1000 would work for now.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Any word on when you'll be increasing the max toons/talismans/souls inventory slot limits? No more room for any new ones! 1000 would work for now.
    No news on that, but I will mention it to the team, see if something is in the works! ^ Ceeg
    Ceeg

OS
    Android
    Characters that could use some freshening or even awakening:
    Sandworms (I will keep at this!)
    Demon Spawn
    Storm Eddie
    Soldier Eddie
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Can you also address WHY it was so necessary to push out a hotfix 1.5 hrs before a standard server reset, which also just happened to be the last 1.5 hrs of an event (Thelxiepia, Warrior Siren)?

I get that you don't want people getting the wrong frags, but holding off 1.5 hrs really would not have made that much difference.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    So two thoughts
    1. I’d love to see a sprucing up of Flight Of Icarus Ed
    2. Are the screenshots relating to the gauntlet character or just an upcoming character for this month?
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    The rate at which new toons/talismans are added is definitely faster than the rate we get the space to put it. This also holds true to Book of souls and frags. What is most annoying about the frags is that you can run out of space for frags but error message is just a generic inventory overflow message and everyone I talked to with this error required someone from the team to manually convert older frags for them. Some of those players were locked out for the entirety of events which is not good.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    Are the screenshots relating to the gauntlet character or just an upcoming character for this month?
    Yes they are related to the Gauntlet character! But the skeletons might be hinting at something else too...
    Ceeg

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    This also holds true to Book of souls and frags. What is most annoying about the frags is that you can run out of space for frags but error message is just a generic inventory overflow message and everyone I talked to with this error required someone from the team to manually convert older frags for them. Some of those players were locked out for the entirety of events which is not good.
    The frag overflow error was certainly a frustrating situation for those players. This is why Event Currency is being created. We hope to avoid this issue going forward.
    Ceeg

OS
    iOS
    I think Phantom of the Opera Eddies needs some TLC.

Also all the remaining Egyptian Gods should be awakenable
    Last edited by Jomama12341; 08-14-2020 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Typo