Thread: Gauntlet now?

OS
    Android

Gauntlet now?

Used to fly past the 1st stage of s. Now I'm burning through all my full awakened toons with a wall of elites. When did 1st stage "s"become triple sss?

OS
    Android
    It comes in waves. According to the devs everything under SS is unique to each user. I can't remember if they also said that it is based off of your previous runs or if that was just community speculation.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Given that each week brings a new and better toon, new awakening abilities, and bespokes... would you expect the competition to stay the same?

The great thing about S is you can burn through all of your good troopers and Eddies and it doesn’t matter, because SS will bring them all back. We even have Amulets now, if burning through all your troopers and Eddies once is not enough.

I think probably the goal is to make S grade (and/or any grade) just challenging enough such that the reward tiers make sense. So, if X players are supposed to be able to pass S grade, the challenge gets harder as the player base gets better.

What makes less sense to me is when, like, “clear SSS in the gauntlet” is an event goal. Sure, it’s a “stretch goal,” but... I remember one event not too long ago I passed that challenge, looked at the leader board, and I was in the top 10. The gauntlet season wasn’t over yet, but that’s a small percentage of the player base to be given access to an event goal, “stretch” or no “stretch.”
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Given that each week brings a new and better toon, new awakening abilities, and bespokes... would you expect the competition to stay the same?
    I was about to say this. The amount of Awakened chars, new toons, op team ofc is going to be reflected in more and more aspects of the game and mostly, at Gauntlet.

Which is "funny" is that we don´t have a good variety of teams to face at gauntlet.. same old same old I know... How many times do we face Moony? How many times Odin(s) How many times the same Max Cyborg, Max Moony, Max Lucy (with his Corrupt General Bespoke), and Max Dark Lilith? I'm not complaining though, just saying.

But now you mentioned, I see no more difference between SS and SSS, maybe just a bit harder SSS but you can expect almost the same.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"