Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I've made it to #1 in the Gauntlet without a single loss (actually placed #1 in PvP that week as well)... truth of the matter is.. it's LUCK.. all LUCK and having every possible Eddie available so you use them all. Talismans, while swaying a battle, are really not THAT much of a (winning) factor. The Gauntlet uses talisman setups on character which you CAN'T do.. so again.. it's luck.... I've won Battles with Mummy Ed I should never have won.... And yeah, rewards are very pitiful considering the effort required. I mean.. not even any ironite... how pathetic is that.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    The reward for wining gauntlet... is winning gauntlet. If you are externally motivated by ironite, the only thing you should be doing in this game is raiding.

If your objective is to bad-mouth gauntlet, move along. I don’t want you on this thread.

Luck is of course important ... in any game with tons of RNG. Gauntlet is a bit silly oftentimes, in that it ends up being a glorified Ed count (and now, a glorified Ed + Amulet count). I’ve admitted as much before. I’ve placed 2nd and 3rd for that reason several times before... with better records and more effort (and luck) than when I won it.

This thread isn’t about how much sense it makes to play gauntlet. It’s a thread for people who like gauntlet despite the fact that it might not “make sense” to play. So please don’t belittle me and give me a hard time for no good reason.

If you want to try and belittle my ranking choices and try and offer reasonable alternatives, bring it on!

OS
    Android
    To put it bluntly, if you don't want to find out people disagree with you or hear other's opinions don't make posts.

You are not the one authority on this game and telling people who disagree with you to shut up and leave is not a discussion.

I am sorry that you seem to be getting so upset at others disagreeing with you.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Where in Yups post did he belittle your choices in anyway? In the same post how did he bad mouth gauntlet. He just stated facts as he saw them.

I personally dont like gauntlet and do the minimum to earn the toons and talis. I think it is ridiculous with some ot thier setups, I dont bad mouth the game I just move on to something that I like.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    You’re not disagreeing. You’re not engaging at all. Saying, “You’re whole post is irrelevant, and Gauntlet is, too,” hardly counts as an opinion about the content of my post.

I’m not upset, either. I’m just calling you out for what you’re doing, which is trolling me. If you wish to continue trolling me, you could at least acknowledge what you’re doing.

If this becomes a contest to see who has the most breath you’ll find I am very long winded.

Edit: Yup said two things: 1) Gauntlet is a joke, 2) Gauntlet is luck. Both of these count as opinions, but they are tangential to the ranking of talis and belittle the whole idea that talis (or gauntlet) matter. His first post had his own set of rankings, which is positive engagement with the content of the article even though he disagreed with me.
    Last edited by Puntwothree; 08-20-2020 at 03:28 PM.

OS
    Android
    Not trolling. I just have an opinion that differs from yours.

Now if you ever want to actually engage in respectful discussion I'll be happy to join in but until you reach that point I'm done dealing with someone so incensed by a forum post.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    “If you want to belittle my ranking choices...”

These are my words. Read them.

This ^^ is an invitation. “If you want to, please do.” I am welcoming “belittling my ranking choices.” I am welcoming disagreement... on the choices I made. Again, dismissing gauntlet and ranking systems entirely is a different matter. That nearly does get under my skin (though my skin is very thick, and I have many layers to go).

What you’re doing, Musak, is simply trying to make me look bad. You won’t manage it, because I think your words speak for themselves, and you have voiced enough “opinions” on enough threads you might as well be be screaming bloody murder about a wolf.

Saying over and over that I’m incensed does not make it true. But if you think it is, now is your chance to make good your boast that you will no longer engage with someone like me.

If you want to counter with an actual list of cosmic talismans you think are good, be my guest. If you want to make a specific criticism about a specific choice that I’ve made, instead of saying “it doesn’t make any sense to choose,” be my guest. If you want to continue to talk about how you don’t like Gauntlet, I would ask you why you chose to reply so many times to a thread on that topic with no interest to you.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    We know you can be a little lengthy in your posts, and there is nothing wrong with that.

How is saying gauntlet is a joke belittling your talisman rankings? He never made a comment on the choices or reasoning behind your choices. What is the rational behind saying gauntlet is a joke and luck to win is denigrating your opinions?

You won and have ranked high in gauntlet several times kudos to you. I never will because I choose not to invest the time in that endevour. That and I am shy a few toons and talisman.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    “If you want to belittle my ranking choices...”

These are my words. Read them.

This ^^ is an invitation. “If you want to, please do.” I am welcoming “belittling my ranking choices.” I am welcoming disagreement... on the choices I made. Again, dismissing gauntlet and ranking systems entirely is a different matter. That nearly does get under my skin (though my skin is very thick, and I have many layers to go).

What you’re doing, Musak, is simply trying to make me look bad. You won’t manage it, because I think your words speak for themselves, and you have voiced enough “opinions” on enough threads you might as well be be screaming bloody murder about a wolf.
    Not trying to belittle your choices and not trying to make you look bad, I'm simply saying that I reject the premise of a generic ranking of talismans for gauntlet because talismans can be reused and situational needs outweigh everything else and I did that with out a personal attack.

Now if you want to give me a hypothetical situation for which I would need to decide which talismans to use then I would gladly give you a top 5 cosmics for that situation.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Muzzle... okay. 2 things.

1) I often confuse you with Muzak. Because of the first three letters of your names, responding in quick succession. I apologize for this... to both of you. No matter how I may feel about either of you, individually, it’s on me to read more closely and realize who I am debating with.

2) I was happy Yup responded to this thread, and even happier with the nature of his response... until he had to tag on that he thought Gauntlet was “a joke.” That is a bit belittling. If I just won president of a school board and you said, “that position doesn’t mean anything, though, and politics are a waste of time,” do you really think I would feel just as good about winning? I already admitted in the OP that I seized an opportunity when the player base was collectively apathetic to win my Gauntlet title, and I’ve been so close so many times that even my clannies kind of assumed my winning was just a matter of course and and just a function of my tenacity. I don’t need any more anti-climax.

Still, I was ready to gloss over that last paragraph.. and then it just sort got wrapped up in this Musak argument (/non-argument, whatever we want to call it). Yup coming back to the table to say Luck was the defining factor in winning gauntlet (thus insinuating, again, that talismans don’t matter) felt like a unnecessary pile on, in context.

I had hoped that a post such as this might drum up enthusiasm for Gauntlet and spark a debate about talismans, not spark a debate about whether Gauntlet is worthwhile and call into question whether talismans are important at all.

To be clear: I like Gauntlet.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.