Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    No good reason?? You're the one telling people to "leave your thread".

I get it.. you're the type where you think it's ALWAYS someone else's fault, right?

It's one thing to state you disagree.. but to be so self-involved you feel justified in telling anyone who disagrees with you to leave is another matter. I posted **nothing** about you or your opinion. I merely posted my opinion. YOU are the one that responded in a condescending manner telling me to leave as if you own" this thread. If your bloated ego is so fragile as to not withstand a different opinion, you should NOT be posting in a public forum. Because, again snowflake, hate to tell you... but not everyone is going to agree with you.
    Last edited by Yup; 08-21-2020 at 12:03 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    When you create a new thread, there is little button you click. It says, "Create new thread."

Then, the thread is yours. Not the forum, not the sub-forum, but the thread. It isn't really up to you who posts in response to your thread, and those particular words were probably an overstep. Would you like me to apologize for them? Fine. I'm sorry I told you not to post on my thread.

If you would like to call off your men, now... I mean, that would be nice. Then maybe someone else could engage with my thread. (Honestly, I'm surprised you did. Or Muzak. I was kind of under the impression that the PvP sub-forum was dead.)
    Last edited by Puntwothree; 08-21-2020 at 03:13 AM.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    iOS
    No. The thread is NOT yours.. this is a PUBLIC space.

Hence the monikers.. "Forum", "Bulletin Board", "Community".

If you want to have a private conversation a "forum" is not the place for it.

And I called no one. Anyone else showed up on their own accord. It's typically what people who like you and support you will do. Whether asked to or not. I don't fault them for chiming in if they agree with me. But, I'm perfectly capable of expressing my opinion and pointing out how ridiculous you are being all on my own.
    Last edited by Yup; 08-21-2020 at 12:50 AM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    The act of creation makes it my thread. Like when you have a kid, it’s your kid.

Your kid is his/her own person and will interact with the world in his/her own way. Calling it your kid is not incorrect, however.

I could throw a party in a public park, and it would be my party. I don’t get to decide who shows up, but the “party” is still “mine,” as in, “started by me.”

If I can’t tell you not to post on my thread, you can’t tell me where I’m allowed to have a private conversation. Go ahead and listen if you’d like.

OS
    iOS
    I would point out that at this point we are arguing about my use of the word “my,” and that three of your buddies went out of their way to trash talk me because of my use of the word “my.”

Oh my, my.

You may not have sicced them on me, but neither did you indicate that in any way what they said to me might have been inappropriate.

OS
    iOS
    And a party in a public party is liable to HEAR others speaking... and you.. you'd tell them to leave the park.

You are a moron. Clearly.
    CLANLESS

OS
    iOS
    What happened here

OS
    iOS
    @GrimDusk:

We had a party in a public park. It was my party... for the record. And then Yup shouted, “This party is lame!” So I said, “You’re welcome to leave, then!” I had to shout because of the music (it was Iron Maiden. Classic.). But he’s still here... I guess?

;-).

:-).

:-p.

All caught up?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    You are a moron. Clearly.
    "Everyone you encounter is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
    Treat others as you wish to be treated." -Yup
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    To be fair, Yup didn't insult OP right off the bat. He found himself in a battle and thus needed to defend himself. However he and anyone else does that is on them.

Also...this thread is not like a party thrown at a public park. A party thrown at a public park still only invites people they know, making it at least semi-private. No one throws a part at a park and invites everyone in town. If you post a public thread, everyone is automatically invited whether you like them and/or their opinions or not.

What I took from the beginning of all this was Yup stated Gauntlet was lame. That's not belittling. That's an opinion. Maybe one OP didn't ask for, but Yup was not out of bounds to express this opinion in a thread about Gauntlet. Now, if he said the post was lame and pointless and OP was a moron for posting it to begin with, that could be argued as belittling.

For the record, I am not part of Yup's clan. I was not sicced on anyone here. Just expressing an opinion in a public forum based on the contents inside said public forum.