Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

September 2020, Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    Android
    Ech. making Ying-Yang set now an easy choice instead of a pseudo 6 set seems wayyy too good. The whole point was giving up cosmics and other sets to get the combo effect.

Finally, FOTD Eddie gets a coat of dark paint. Visions/Piece of Mind/Tailgunner?

Oni being the first to require mixed shards...at least its going to be 3/3 and not 6/6? Even reworked that would be way too much of an investment.

All in all, yey, for giving older stuff a face lift, but guys, giving each skill a wall of text worth of stuff only makes the game complicated for the sake of being complicated, wich leads to hings not working as intended in the first place.
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

DEF: Day of the Dead Eddie (Prudence, Nagual T3); Valentine's: Starfire; Heart1: Ragnarok, Echo; Heart2: Orbit.

I campaign to no end or avail for a general talisman rework (small talisman sets, max size of sets becoming 2, 3 slots per toon, one of those for cosmic only)

Proud member of ChileanMaiden #RenunciaPiñera

OS
    iOS
    Jesus Christ, this is a large set of tuning notes. A thing to note, FOTD's fury description is cut off.

Awakened Oni Ed scares me; regular Oni Ed was already pretty good when empowered, I can only imagine what happens when you add an Awakening on top.

Fear of the Dark Ed getting buffs makes me really happy; he was my first "meta" toon when he came out. I hope that he is good for the newer players who happen to get him.

Talisman updates are cool, especially the Cyborg talisman update. I also like the new Soul talismans.

All of the special shields are basically starfires now, which is FUCKING scary.

Hard Infernal dungeon... I fear what awaits us in there.

Overall, love this update and really am looking forward to Oni Ed becoming unleashed.

OS
    Android
    Liking the addition of what "original" columns in the tuning notes. Made going through them easier.

Oni Ed seems like he's going to be a nice addition to my tool belt but I'm concerned about requiring 12 shards even if they're mixed types. On the one hand I want that investment to be worth it but on the other I'm worried that if it is insanely good that he's just going to get nerfed but not until after we've already blown the resources.

Note of clarification: "Reduce Max HP on target by -15%" was this an accidental double negative or is this attack going to add HP? I'm assuming the former but the whole "reduce by -x" has caused some confusion recently in my professional life so I'm curious.

EDIT: I was reminded by another player that Oni has a pay only bespoke talisman. I'm hoping that talisman gets introduced to the free crowd with his awakening event. Thematically it's nice and allows those who paid for the privilege to focus on other goals without leaving us free players in the dust.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 09-16-2020 at 01:42 AM.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Whoever is responsible for this long descriptions should consider writing a book. I hate this walls of text

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario.Ahner View Post
    Whoever is responsible for this long descriptions should consider writing a book. I hate this walls of text
    That's what power creep does I suppose. Everything keeps getting stronger i.e. more effects.

OS
    Android
    It does get hard to keep track of all these talisman effects though. Using the compendium is helpful, but sadly it isn't even close to complete with all the missing effects on various characters and talismans.

I'm a bit afraid of the awakening shards needed to awaken Oni Eddie. Is it really 6 of each? So 12 shards? And what about the rest of the awakening materials needed? Do they increase as well, compared to what we're used to seeing?
    If so, I'd like to know that, so I can start grinding those mats.

OS
    Android
    It's quite disapoingting that after 2 quiet months you didn't fix old bugs like Babylon cleaning redbuffs (more than 3 months now) or Ghost removal don't killing the toon affected by, or Maxed Daedalus power move not working, just to mention a few...

At least Envious should be working fine now...

For the other things. It is welcoming the idea of reworking Fear of the Dark Eddie, and f some talisman preventing Aparition effects. Also, the update of yin yang. Btw their effects are now swapped somehow?

Ghost effects are still outdated, they work (when they actually work...) more like a debuff than a buff, at least for medium and high level gaming. Maybe thats the reason of granting Ghost to an enemy with Soul talisman?

Can wee see the Awaken abilities for Oni Eddie? Will he be the toon in charge to finish the nerverending resurrection meta? I think not, because now we will have a talisman against every kind of permadeath effects... it was so hard to get Dark Lilith only to be turned in obsolete so easy... Btw, glad also is only 1 toon awakenable and not 23 like it use to be...
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Awakened abilities never get posted in the tuning updates spreadsheet.

Edit: it would be a welcome addition though.

OS
    Android
    12 awakening shards to maximize Oni Eddie? He must become a monster.