OS
    iOS

Getting back into it after a year hiatus

I stopped playing a while back cause I got busy with work and school and didn’t really have time to grind it out. I used to get to around 3000 trophies in the arena but now I am stuck at around 1500 getting beat by all these awakened characters. Basically I wanna ask, what should I focus on getting back into it now? I don’t understand the new cosmic talismans at all and I sort of understand awakened. Please help!

OS
    Android
    A lot of things changed in the last year. It's almost a different game.

Awakening improves characters substantially but it's extremely expensive, it takes 25-30 million gold to do all stages, plus a large amount of ironite to get materials.
    As for cosmics, most of the time they are just regular sets that fit in one talisman slot... for example echo cosmic has echo 4-set effect but you only need one slot to use it. There are some cosmics that are made specifically for one character (or a set of them) and don't work on anyone else.

You want to join a clan as soon as possible, check forums or whatever social media you use and see if anyone is recruiting. An active clan will help you get started up again, let you do clan challenges that are featured in some events and, importantly, lets you fight raid bosses. Raids are great resource generators that don't take too much time. Dig around here and ask your future clan about strategies and don't worry, even 4 year old toons can work.

Forums somewhat quieted down in the past year and discord communities are getting bigger. Stil, there's a plenty of resources to help you get back into the game.
    Sorry for the rant... I tend to overdo it.
    Member of Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Mateja is right, power creep has gone insane since Awakening and Cosmic talismans paired with powerful 5 sets like Niflheim Yggsadril etc. Clan rewards are far superior to anything Arena or Gauntlet offers. The right clan can bring you up to speed quickly on team building and provide clan talisman sets that really are important. New overpowered content is rapidly introduced and can make what you just spent resources grinding for obsolete. I would focus on what this month brings and chase down a productive clan that hits S ranking each week at least so you start building up newer important talisman sets & Cosmics.
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

OS
    Android
    With all these upcoming clan events next month you should really get into one now to participate and get some Name:  October-Event-Announcement-2020-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 4831
Size:  199.3 KBcurrent resources.
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

OS
    Android
    Honestly I wouldn't even bother with arena outside of the daily battle and the occasional weak defense you find in your attack list. Every reward from arena is handed out better in another aspect of the game.

And I can't stress this enough, as others have said, JOIN A DECENT CLAN that's any player's first class ticket to catching up.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateja View Post
    A lot of things changed in the last year. It's almost a different game.

Awakening improves characters substantially but it's extremely expensive, it takes 25-30 million gold to do all stages, plus a large amount of ironite to get materials.
    As for cosmics, most of the time they are just regular sets that fit in one talisman slot... for example echo cosmic has echo 4-set effect but you only need one slot to use it. There are some cosmics that are made specifically for one character (or a set of them) and don't work on anyone else.

You want to join a clan as soon as possible, check forums or whatever social media you use and see if anyone is recruiting. An active clan will help you get started up again, let you do clan challenges that are featured in some events and, importantly, lets you fight raid bosses. Raids are great resource generators that don't take too much time. Dig around here and ask your future clan about strategies and don't worry, even 4 year old toons can work.

Forums somewhat quieted down in the past year and discord communities are getting bigger. Stil, there's a plenty of resources to help you get back into the game.
    Sorry for the rant... I tend to overdo it.
    Thank you for the tips on focusing on clans instead of arena and gauntlet, you mentioned a discord, could I get a link please? I definitely feel like I have the potential to join good clan and be productive, any tips for finding one? Also should I work on unlocking certain must have characters or talismans first?

OS
    Android
    There are several clans that post openings here in the forum.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    There are several clans that post openings here in the forum.
    Im guessing in the clans subforum? Ill check it out thank you!