OS
    Android

Bug or glitch or something - anyone else get this ? LOTB restarting randomly

So, a couple times now, I've been having my phone doing autoruns on things - lord of light, virus, the dracula dungeon etc.

And for no apparent reason, it will sometimes drop out to my phone's home screen, without any input whatsoever from me.

And when I press the button to switch back to LOTB, it restarts.

Which means I've lost one run on virus frontier, or lost one trooper's daily badge, and however many sands of time.

So, what's going on ? Is it a bug or glitch with LOTB ? Some problem with my phone itself ?

Any suggestions ?

OS
    iOS
    Yo why did I get blocked by your fb page and twitter. I have not used foul language on talking about your incompetency. Maybe if you ran your game right ceeg I wouldn’t call it out.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmadd69 View Post
    Yo why did I get blocked by your fb page and twitter. I have not used foul language on talking about your incompetency. Maybe if you ran your game right ceeg I wouldn’t call it out.
    You're probably gonna get banned here if you keep posting the same message in unrelated threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    So, a couple times now, I've been having my phone doing autoruns on things - lord of light, virus, the dracula dungeon etc.

And for no apparent reason, it will sometimes drop out to my phone's home screen, without any input whatsoever from me.

And when I press the button to switch back to LOTB, it restarts.

Which means I've lost one run on virus frontier, or lost one trooper's daily badge, and however many sands of time.

So, what's going on ? Is it a bug or glitch with LOTB ? Some problem with my phone itself ?

Any suggestions ?
    Hard crashes are rare for lotb, as far as I've seen. Could be something wrong with the game itself but it's also likely your phone has an issue. What dungeon it was, what was your team, wave, etc... could help determine the reason. As for your phone, try closing everything except lotb when you're grinding. It could be overloading your RAM or something else, so phone decides it's better to force it to shut down.
    Last edited by Mateja; 10-26-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Member of Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I've found that if I swipe to another app and back to the game it's fine, but if I go to two apps the game restarts when I come back. It doesn't do this on it's own but I think it's potentially a RAM issue on my phone that it can only run so many apps actively at once (especially as LotB is very processor hungry...). Don't know if this helps but maybe force close all other apps before you set it up for a long run?
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    But that’s the thing it is related the bugs the taking half a day to get in the game after a reset. To sit here and block because I’ve “insulted” there team in which in a frogs email was the reason for my is rediculous they put out a bad product and when that happens they need to be callled out for it. Sorry I bruised those “developers” egos lol gtfo

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmat89 View Post
    I've found that if I swipe to another app and back to the game it's fine, but if I go to two apps the game restarts when I come back. It doesn't do this on it's own but I think it's potentially a RAM issue on my phone that it can only run so many apps actively at once (especially as LotB is very processor hungry...). Don't know if this helps but maybe force close all other apps before you set it up for a long run?
    This is standard "battery optimisation" on the Android platform. As "new" apps make requests for resources (RAM in particular) the OS decides whether to unload a the oldest now-unused app. If you have a strong desire for LotB to remain, you can disable the battery optimisation behaviour on a per-app basis, forcing the OS to look for other apps instead. However, don't do this for a lot of apps: if it runs into the situation where all recent apps have the battery optimisation disabled, you're back at square one where the OS ditches the "oldest" app.

The battery optimisation settings are typically in Settings > Battery but your particular Android flavour may have shoved it elsewhere.

OS
    Android
    As for your phone, try closing everything except lotb when you're grinding. It could be overloading your RAM or something else, so phone decides it's better to force it to shut down.
    Don't know if this helps but maybe force close all other apps before you set it up for a long run?
    Hmm. I always have LotB as the only running app when I'm playing. There does seem to be some memory being used by background apps, would clearing those out before playing LotB be something to try as well ?

Smartphones are not something I am particularly familiar with, I can't really explain the phenomenon as clearly as I could with metaphors for using a desktop PC. (it would be like, LotB is autoplaying when it tabs out to the desktop, but if I tab back in, it restarts instead of continuing)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    This is standard "battery optimisation" on the Android platform. As "new" apps make requests for resources (RAM in particular) the OS decides whether to unload a the oldest now-unused app. If you have a strong desire for LotB to remain, you can disable the battery optimisation behaviour on a per-app basis, forcing the OS to look for other apps instead. However, don't do this for a lot of apps: if it runs into the situation where all recent apps have the battery optimisation disabled, you're back at square one where the OS ditches the "oldest" app.

The battery optimisation settings are typically in Settings > Battery but your particular Android flavour may have shoved it elsewhere.

Cheers, I'll give this a go!
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.