OS
    Android

Suggestion - inventory sync button?

I see lots of people regularly mentioning (eg: on discord/fb) about not seeing rewards. Usually to fix this involves doing something like signing in on another device, logging out and then logging in, clearing the app cache or in drastic circumstances uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes simply waiting for that same item to update again (eg: more rewards of the same type) fixes it.

Could there be a button that syncs all your inventory from the servers, overriding what is local?

Maybe put this in "Settings -> Account" or on the main Account page (top left icon, same page as where the "Log Out" button is).

Preferably, this would not remove saved teams and the like. Just update inventory (eg: souls, soul frags, gold, trooper badges, frontier coins, iron coins, tribute, event currency, talismans, shards, runes, characters, etc).

Now this would be time consuming and could put the servers under load if everyone was to use this often, so perhaps it could be put behind a timer so that it can only be done once every 24 hrs?

Pretty sure this would stop a lot of people constantly raising tickets for stuff not showing up in their game.
    Last edited by Cefiar; 11-13-2020 at 10:08 PM.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    I am all in support of this.

We implemented something similar in an app I worked on so here are my lessons learned

Don't make it easy to get to because we all know that button is going to be assaulted every gauntlet and raid refresh.

Set up a process where that button adds the user's profile to a queue to be updated instead of instantly updating. Including a message like "it may take up to 24 hours for your request to process. If you don't see your update in that time, please enter a ticket and include reference number X in the subject line."

Don't do a whole update of the profile. We only forced updates from the relevant tables. In this case it would be frags, currencies, souls, soul frags, talismans, and characters. No need to sync frontier teams, challenge progress, or other unrelated chunks of the game.

When we implemented this we found our ticket submission dropped by 28% and response time for tickets reduced by almost 60%.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Some more notes on this:

1. If the server logs the differences seen, the logs can be examined for common issues, which then could be investigated to eliminate common bugs.
    2. I think everyone would be happy if this process took 2-3 mins to do (ie: to slow down the queries on the servers). The idea is to really to avoid needing to do it, but having it as an option when necessary. Any of the other options listed takes 5+ mins to do anyway, and tends to be annoying in other ways.

Edit: Love the idea of an update queue. Definitely allows load to be managed well from the server side.
    Last edited by Cefiar; 11-13-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Something we had discussed was the possibilty of adding an alert to our dev and support teams if the queue count/rate reached certain thresholds as a lot of requests would signal a larger issue.

We wound up not including those alerts but that was due to low usage of the tool.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591