Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

December 2020, Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    Android
    So question about the Thor/Odin power boost:
    - Is this 9 power in addition to the usual amount of power (3) you get each turn?
    - Will multiple Odins with a Thor break this in weird and unusual ways?
    - How will this be affected by reduce power effects?
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Liking the look of this, excited to see what the new dungeon will involve! A limited run key with 50 run challenges sounds like a mix between Eternal/Mayan and Virus. Perhaps a mutiple-wave dungeon, but each wave will be as difficult as an Eternal fight?

I'll miss the Perfect Revenge on my Asgards, they worked well with the Gunner Minotaur. But can't argue with the strong thematic feel the rework will give them.

Nice to see Edward the Great seeing some love too

EDIT: Fixing the Odin loop! Wonderful news. Was so frustrating last event dungeon to find my Odin had spent 20min chaining his fury against an invulnerable enemy. Glad that will be far less common after this patch, and happy to see that Unblockable Stun too
    Last edited by Azagthor; 12-08-2020 at 06:14 AM.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    So question about the Thor/Odin power boost:
    - Is this 9 power in addition to the usual amount of power (3) you get each turn?
    - Will multiple Odins with a Thor break this in weird and unusual ways?
    - How will this be affected by reduce power effects?
    Power gained from this passive is in additiion to your naturally regenerating Power. Thunderbolts and lightning - very very frightning!

This effect should play without trouble when using multiple Odins. Not that I would recommend multiple Odins on the same team. Variety is the spice, my friend! (Unless we're talking about Terrible Tim and 3 Tiny Timions.)

This effect and your naturally regenerating Power would both be affected by Power Reduction effects though. We don't see too much of them these days, but I do think Power management is something that's interesting to explore further.

Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    Liking the look of this, excited to see what the new dungeon will involve! A limited run key with 50 run challenges sounds like a mix between Eternal/Mayan and Virus. Perhaps a mutiple-wave dungeon, but each wave will be as difficult as an Eternal fight?

I'll miss the Perfect Revenge on my Asgards, they worked well with the Gunner Minotaur. But can't argue with the strong thematic feel the rework will give them.

Nice to see Edward the Great seeing some love too
    The last few details of the dungeon are still being sorted, but the experience will be similar to the Eternal Frontier Dungeon.

There will be multiple quests with a single wave of enemies that are a fair bit tougher than usual, but totally manageable with a good strategy and a pool of decent characters and talismans.

I appreciate the kind words as well. I'm sure some players will miss some effects that are no longer on Asgard Talismans, but I hope they'll give this set a shot when up against serious burst damage. (Oni Eddie, Raid Bosses, etc.)

Just make sure there aren't any Ragnarok Talismans to mess with you. If you can catch teams in PVP off guard with these (those that lack slots for Ragnarok and those that lack multi-hitters), you should be able to weather many a storm.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    iOS
    fix the damn game first would be a good start
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan

OS
    iOS
    Dear Legacy of the Beast team,

I am typing this message as a right handed man with a broken right wrist and yet it is somehow less painful than playing the game...

I think it is clear by now that your player base is made of grown ups adults with jobs and lives united by one thing only, their love and devotion to Iron Maiden, we are not Among Us or Clash of Clans Addicted teenagers...

The ever growing grinding requirements are nothing but a fun killer and a way to create angst and force some of us to leave the game to focus on our real lives. Moreover, the more we need to grind, the higher the load on the servers and the worse the user experience... After all, where is the fun in letting a device on auto all day/night to collect currency...

This game should be about creating and maintaining a community of blood brothers not disgruntled digital blue collars fighting for a second virtual salary as of the lives depended on it.

You have achieved tremendous things for Iron Maiden already, a whole world tour inspired by your creation and a best seller live album. Surf on this, not trying to cunningly extract a few bucks from your fans by forcing them to buy in game to reduce the grinding effort, it will only result in anger and ultimately churn.

I urge you to please rethink your approach to the game. Fixing the events requirements is easy and requires no coding. Some mechanisms such as amulets also have to be rethought, it is absolute madness that the first round of this Gauntlet season has to go to a 400+ fights to find its winner, it has never been about fun or skills merely on someone’s ability to grind his way out of hell...

Please take this feedback into account it comes from hundreds of blood brothers across the world with only one common objective: to make Iron Maiden and the game successful.

Kind Regards,

Patrice-1201
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    Dear Legacy of the Beast team,

I am typing this message as a right handed man with a broken right wrist and yet it is somehow less painful than playing the game...

I think it is clear by now that your player base is made of grown ups adults with jobs and lives united by one thing only, their love and devotion to Iron Maiden, we are not Among Us or Clash of Clans Addicted teenagers...

The ever growing grinding requirements are nothing but a fun killer and a way to create angst and force some of us to leave the game to focus on our real lives. Moreover, the more we need to grind, the higher the load on the servers and the worse the user experience... After all, where is the fun in letting a device on auto all day/night to collect currency...

This game should be about creating and maintaining a community of blood brothers not disgruntled digital blue collars fighting for a second virtual salary as of the lives depended on it.

Patrice-1201

I rarely log in but I fully agree with that statement. It’s obvious that increasing the servers would cost money you may not have but you need to address this to make it a more pleasant experience for the end user. Lately, it has become impossible to play for hours after any update. Even now, the servers are still slow. And sadly, I’m sure you’re losing players because of it. We all want this game to thrive and be around for many more years so it needs to be addressed.

OS
    Android
    So... Thor and Odins are nerved on extra turns, but a defence team is getting 100% chance of extra turn??? Don't like this. So many unbeatable defending teams and not a single new toon or tuning to break these teams.
    I don't understand these changes.

OS
    iOS
    and YET the devs still will NOT listen to what the PLAYERS are saying.......they are heading down a slippery slope to bankruptcy if they carry on the direction they are heading
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan

OS
    iOS
    Looking forward to the new Dungeon! I am assuming it'll be like the Eternal Dungeon, where we face off one on one with each norse character. Also interesting to see Edward as the next awakened character, though I suppose it makes sense since he debuted as a Christmas character. Overall, nice changes!