Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    1. shutdown the whole game
    2. recode the game
    3. buy more server

OS
    Android
    Great post, Patrice. It really is the best of times and worst of times for the game. The content is excellent - new characters, dungeons, game modes. But, the time demands have really gotten out of hand. Between arena, gauntlet, raids, grinding, managing inventories, managing all the new limited time currencies, and strategizing around each event . . . It really requires too much time and focus day in and day out.

I remember the good ole days of trying to find every spare moment to play LotB just for the fun of it. These days, it's a struggle just to ensure I've completed everything in the game necessary for the day. Once that's done, the last thing I want to do is play the game some more (casually for fun), especially in these crazy times when real life demands are so high.
    Last edited by druid138; 12-12-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    Best would be to eliminate time frames on events. Release all the mega event challenges all at once. Let players decide which one and when they want to accomplish them. Bring back missions for longer term rewards, keep achievements the way they are. All the time frames do is stress out players. Eliminate them, players would be less upset if there’s downtime of a few hours. Some random pop up events would be fun, but right now, the time structure isn’t doing anything positive.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    Best would be to eliminate time frames on events. Release all the mega event challenges all at once. Let players decide which one and when they want to accomplish them. Bring back missions for longer term rewards, keep achievements the way they are. All the time frames do is stress out players. Eliminate them, players would be less upset if there’s downtime of a few hours. Some random pop up events would be fun, but right now, the time structure isn’t doing anything positive.
    Brilliant for so many reasons.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    The game runs on the FOMO model, and it works in bringing cash, so limited time events are here to stay.

What is FOMO? Fear Of Missing Out. If a game is constantly updated with events and the like, this is the model they will use. It consists of exactly what says on the tin, If you don't get X NOW you may NEVER AGAIN get it.

It forces players to constantly log on and play (or let the phone overheat on the side in the case of Legacy) and drives up "package" sales in order to secure whatever event thing is going on (talisman set, character). Sure, the new Eddie could later on be added as part of a dungeon, but then you will only have one not two, and you need to complete a long grindy achievement series. Sure, it could be added to a store, but that means hoarding Iron coins/Frontier coins/Trooper frags instead of spending them on things that give you a longer term benefit or inmediate reward.

When will the Mongol Empress/Genghis Khan make a comeback? Maybe a heroic rotation once a year? Never? Secure them now for 5k ironite!
    Didn't get the event toon or talisman? Buy the store pack! <

There are enough whales (I almost became one, got tired of the constant unplayable state of the game) and kids with their parents credit cards to sustain the game and the model. A new event will come and any outrage over past events will fade, or complaining players will just move on to another game. Social media accounts that only give praises are easy to have.
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

I was gone for like 3 years, still getting used to how the game works now.

OS
    Android
    The game will continue to decline until it collapses unless they upgrade the servers and fix the bugs. No amount of new content will change this fact. With passives now reading like short stories further impacting the code and the continued release of new shiny objects, it just continues to make things worse and worse. No need to pay attention to the issues, just look over here at the new shiny objects, you know you want them. Meanwhile nothing is done to actually help the player base.

OS
    iOS
    The biggest problem is the Server/s, they clearly can not cope with the bandwidth of millions of people playing the game at any one time. Now NF are either running this from a domestic fibre connection and expecting it to work it's not going to work well because domestic broadband is not designed for extremely high bandwidth or they are not running enough servers (are they even dedicated servers and not some high end pc expecting it to do the same tasks as a real server) to spread the bandwidth across multiple servers.
    Same as anything internet related the more people accessing a site or files it's going to slow down cus the more bandwidth there is the cpu is going to be put under more load increasing thermals. the problems we are seeing will be due to one of the above.
    So what's the real solution ? cut back on events, cut back on the grinding we have to do, cut back on how long we play the game for. Why should we do any of those.

There is only one real solution, increase the amount of servers running it

does anyone actually know how many servers they are running ?
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan