Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

From a Day 1 Player: Please adjust or this game is dying

Dear Legacy of the Beast team,

I am typing this message as a right handed man with a broken right wrist and yet it is somehow less painful than playing the game...

I think it is clear by now that your player base is made of grown ups adults with jobs and lives united by one thing only, their love and devotion to Iron Maiden, we are not Among Us or Clash of Clans Addicted teenagers...

The ever growing grinding requirements are nothing but a fun killer and a way to create angst and force some of us to leave the game to focus on our real lives. Moreover, the more we need to grind, the higher the load on the servers and the worse the user experience... After all, where is the fun in letting a device on auto all day/night to collect currency...

This game should be about creating and maintaining a community of blood brothers not disgruntled digital blue collars fighting for a second virtual salary as of the lives depended on it.

You have achieved tremendous things for Iron Maiden already, a whole world tour inspired by your creation and a best seller live album. Surf on this, not trying to cunningly extract a few bucks from your fans by forcing them to buy in game to reduce the grinding effort, it will only result in anger and ultimately churn.

I urge you to please rethink your approach to the game. Fixing the events requirements is easy and requires no coding. Some mechanisms such as amulets also have to be rethought, it is absolute madness that the first round of this Gauntlet season has to go to a 400+ fights to find its winner, it has never been about fun or skills merely on someone’s ability to grind his way out of hell...

Please take this feedback into account it comes from hundreds of blood brothers across the world with only one common objective: to make Iron Maiden and the game successful.

Kind Regards,

Patrice-1201
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    Very well said I feel like its worth adding that if you expect people to buy ironite based content then the price of ironite packs need to be adjusted

OS
    Android
    Heres an idea, how about replace the useless grind with in world achevs. No im not saying to use alll magus 50 times. I am thinking more on the lines of temp skull quests. In a new dungeon you can add skull quests,win with full health,use ten power moves etc. If you complete them all within the time frame,you will recieve the new char and a new tali set.
    This way we feel like we are actually playing a game.
    I never understood the grind thing,ive just accepted it.

OS
    Android
    It would also solve your server problems

OS
    Android
    My only suggestion, instead of sarcastic humor and complaining (that's clearly not helping) is incorporating divisions in the arena and gauntlet.

For example one division (or league if you will) for the ones that still have money and one division for the ones that are completely out of money but have paid considerably throughout, so that they can keep competing and win and ultimately buy their way back into other divisions. It's just a suggestion.

OS
    Android
    Thoughts from someone who has been on the other side of the issue:

I do not envy the team. They're facing a ton of complaints, some legitimate and some not. Even I've been vocal about my disdain for certain aspects.

Right now I do think the game design is on point. We've got fun new characters, interesting new talismans and even some old content is getting some love.

Unfortunately the game(not the team, not the players but all the hardware/software) can't handle what all parties are expecting of it. With that in mind there are four (but really 3) paths to solve that.

1. We as players can make changes that allow the game to still demand what it does but without impacting the servers. This would mean taking turns, finding off times and in general just not trying to grind as much. (This is that one path that just isn't feasible)
    2. We adjust our expectations. We accept that the servers can not handle our expectations and just live with the game as is.
    3. The team makes changes hardware/software side that allows for the same demands but now has an architecture that can handle everything. Unfortunately this is really expensive whether on tech or manpower.
    4. The game design changes so that their expectations can match the games demands. Easiest method would be tweaking events so that they either have more breathing room (an extra day or two or less requirements). However, with events sounding like the primary source of IAPs I would understand why this would cause hesitation.

And unlike the [4] paths in Mr. Frost's forest, together we can simultaneously go down all 4 paths at the same time and any distance on any of those paths will help the game as a whole

On the arena note: personally, I'd rather see a full redesign/rework or just have the whole thing scuttled. While there is more variety in teams as of late, it just doesn't feel worth it anymore as all the rewards can be earned faster and more reliably in other places in the game except for eternal frags which is long gone on the list of things I want/need.
    Gauntlet has completely replaced that competitive itch and the fun puzzle aspect of facing a team that I didn't build.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 12-09-2020 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Formatting/forgotten point
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Not sure what's the solution, some interesting things have been said here and on Discord as well, about the pros and cons of changing the gameplaying to make it more manageable server-side and funnier player-side.

I'm starting to believe that we went into a spiral that impossible to solve in a simple way. If we got heavy grinding is not fun and we start complaining about this as a "second job". If suddenly we got fewer events, less grinding or easy things to do, as result we start complaining about getting bored and that there is "nothing to do"...

I for sure know that doing 1200 runs on a dungeon isn't fun. But it is fun to find the best, or faster, or more practical way to beat a dungeon combining toons and talis. The puzzle game-idea of this game is awesome. But once you beat that puzzle (aka new dungeon) doing "X" amount of times in a row isn't super attractive... maybe we could find a way to tie both worlds? What if after we "show" that we beat a dungeon in auto 15 amounts of times we enable a new way of playing or different options... I'm still not sure how... but for instance I really liked this second part of greetings from... event. There were several options for completing the event, cosmos, frontier, arena... it is grinding but, I feel it opened the door for doing something slightly different any time. On the other hand... it was terrible for the servers... so maybe not an option in the future...

Still, not sure what's the solution...
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Purchase content instantly rather than bogging down server and melting phone running same battle 8zillion times for days on end. Excellent thoughts troopers, save the game!
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

OS
    Android
    Thank you Patricie, well said!

OS
    Android
    I would like to see an un-timed aspect of the game. After the introduce a new event or character, then perhaps in a month or so, they can reintroduce the event where you can complete the same challenges to earn the character, but don't have a time limit. People can work towards earning the character without all the stress. People who really want the character when it first comes out will play hard, or make purchases. For the un-timed portion, you can still keep purchase options.