Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    Event Challenges Tab says “visit ANY Time Rift location...” ANY, but Tiny Time Dungeon, which DOES NOT count. That dungeon is in Time Rift and lasts 5 more days, and should count. Doesn’t have to drop Holibeast currency, but should count towards total Time Rift run goals. That’s just awful it doesn’t. Holibeast challenges last 11 days. If the goal is to get players to blow all their ironite chasing characters, just make them available for purchase with ironite, and save players the time and frustration...
    Hi there Rob! We had initially intended the challenges to just be run in the permanent Time Rift locations (I.e. Lord of Light and Brave New World). To reduce any confusion however we have just adjusted these challenges to include Tiny Tim’s dungeon as well moving forward. Cheers!

OS
    Android
    Softens the blow of the gambling. Not a lot, but at least I'm getting a little extra out of my slot machine pulls
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    7) Dark Advent Lilith. Yes, having no guaranteed path to getting her is frustrating, but there were a bunch of characters this month with guaranteed paths to. Plus, although her outfit is really cool, she's not significantly better than OG Dark Lilith, and there's a surefire way to get her.
    8) The Holiday Beast. Again, no guaranteed way to get him and frustration, but he's not significantly better than the real Beast, and there's an extremely easy way to get him. The Holiday Beast's biggest benefit over OG Beast is that he can take Sinister Solstice and is thus a Baph10 character, but with the easy Yetis, that's not very significant.
    I think the big issue here was that there were not one but two characters that were only obtainable by chance, and the odds (at least on Dark Advent Lilith, I haven't checked Holibeast yet) were ~0.36% per soul, making it an exercise in pure luck that favoured players with more resources that could afford to grind for more chances (let's not forget that it is a pretty expensive dungeon to run in terms of SOT). It's a fair bet that this is probably the only way these characters will be obtainable until next Xmas. Pretty much every other time there's been a character that was only obtainable via chance from event souls (e.g. Wasteland Eddie, Czar Eddie), there's been a reasonable chance they'll pop up in heroics eventually. Or where there were two new characters that were available from event souls, there was at least a guaranteed path to one of them at the time (e.g. Borte and Skuld).

I agree there was a lot of good stuff in December, and the devs would've been even less happy than us about the server instability. But we've had two characters (Cosmic Cyborg and Ice Eddie) that required serious, expensive grind to get, and then we've gotten two more characters that in most cases also required an even harder, more expensive grind, unless you happened to get extremely lucky, with the possibility of no reward whatsoever. If it was up to me, I would've either ordered the events differently or increased the drop rate of Lilith and Holibeast to something like 1-2%.

OS
    iOS
    I just realised there's another gotcha here too. It's actually impossible to MA all the Xmas toons unless you were buying festive awakening shards for ironite right from the start.

There were enough available from event currency purchases to MA Cosmic Cyborg, Tim and Lilith. But assuming you need 6 to MA Holibeast... there's none available in the event store for that event, and only 3 for purchase with ironite from the Tiny Tim event. So unless you bought shards for ironite from an earlier event (like the Cyborg one)... you're stuck with not enough festive shards to MA all 4 event toons. Unless of course you spend actual money on the Holibeast event pack.
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 12-28-2020 at 04:38 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    But assuming you need 6 to MA Holibeast... there's none available in the event store for that event, and only 3 for purchase with ironite from the Tiny Tim event.
    The Tiny Tim event items are per month and they're in the store for four more days. Depending on how the clock works for the store, they might be purchasable again on Jan 1.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Hi there Rob! We had initially intended the challenges to just be run in the permanent Time Rift locations (I.e. Lord of Light and Brave New World). To reduce any confusion however we have just adjusted these challenges to include Tiny Tim’s dungeon as well moving forward. Cheers!
    Hey Leviathan,

Thank you very much for adding this dungeon to new event! This is very welcome! Question: there is no Mysterious Gift Currency dropping here. Is that intended or just by mistake and you are going to add it? Would be great! Thanks again!
    GotN-0546

_________18M RPs________
    _________| CLAN |________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

💀 Blackbeard Eddie 💀

OS
    Android
    I just realised there's another gotcha here too. It's actually impossible to MA all the Xmas toons unless you were buying festive awakening shards for ironite right from the start.

There were enough available from event currency purchases to MA Cosmic Cyborg, Tim and Lilith. But assuming you need 6 to MA Holibeast... there's none available in the event store for that event, and only 3 for purchase with ironite from the Tiny Tim event. So unless you bought shards for ironite from an earlier event (like the Cyborg one)... you're stuck with not enough festive shards to MA all 4 event toons. Unless of course you spend actual money on the Holibeast event pack.
    I've noticed the same, but I think the pack that offers a shard for 300 ironite with a maximum of 3 per month will be available until January 1st or 2nd, so if you're missing 6 shards you can still buy those for a total of 1800 ironite.
    But who's gonna farm for Holibeast?

OS
    Android
    I think the big issue here was that there were not one but two characters that were only obtainable by chance, and the odds (at least on Dark Advent Lilith, I haven't checked Holibeast yet) were ~0.36% per soul, making it an exercise in pure luck that favoured players with more resources that could afford to grind for more chances (let's not forget that it is a pretty expensive dungeon to run in terms of SOT). It's a fair bet that this is probably the only way these characters will be obtainable until next Xmas. Pretty much every other time there's been a character that was only obtainable via chance from event souls (e.g. Wasteland Eddie, Czar Eddie), there's been a reasonable chance they'll pop up in heroics eventually. Or where there were two new characters that were available from event souls, there was at least a guaranteed path to one of them at the time (e.g. Borte and Skuld).

I agree there was a lot of good stuff in December, and the devs would've been even less happy than us about the server instability. But we've had two characters (Cosmic Cyborg and Ice Eddie) that required serious, expensive grind to get, and then we've gotten two more characters that in most cases also required an even harder, more expensive grind, unless you happened to get extremely lucky, with the possibility of no reward whatsoever. If it was up to me, I would've either ordered the events differently or increased the drop rate of Lilith and Holibeast to something like 1-2%.
    Holibeast drop rate is 0.12% per soul. And NF even put up achivements for Lilitith and Holibeast so it will rub salt to your wounds every time you open achivements.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Oh, so it was confusion that made you react ?

Maybe you could explain the choice of luck-only event characters, to avoid further confusion ?

Because a lot of people are really confused by this, to the point of quitting the game, and it's been going on for over a week...

But not including tiny Tim's dungeon in time rift challenge was the real source of confusion and you had to react immediately...

This is not what we call listening to the community, this is weak ass damage control.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Delegreg View Post
    Oh, so it was confusion that made you react ?

Maybe you could explain the choice of luck-only event characters, to avoid further confusion ?

Because a lot of people are really confused by this, to the point of quitting the game, and it's been going on for over a week...

But not including tiny Tim's dungeon in time rift challenge was the real source of confusion and you had to react immediately...

This is not what we call listening to the community, this is weak ass damage control.
    Yeah, I also had to laugh when I saw this. No mention of anything else that might have cleared up everyone’s confusion. Can’t really say I was confused though. Nothing they do surprises me anymore.

The simple truth is they’re floundering around in the dark, trying to figure out how to get people to spend money on this app, or for those of us who do spend, spend more. Problem is, actions like this bring the opposite effect they were hoping for.

Happy customers spend....

At least that’s how I’ve been operating where this games concerned.
    Last edited by Saigrim; 12-28-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many