Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Durandal_LOTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    113

    January 2021, Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

    This is the main post to discuss tuning changes that are in an upcoming update.

    You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

  2. #2
    Senior Member URock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Germany
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,218
    1984...World Slavery Tour...what a great time and concert! Derek Riggs did the best artwork!
    I like Pharaoh Eddie awakenable. Hope he will break the meta...

  3. #3
    Senior Member BillLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Connecticut
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    1984...World Slavery Tour...what a great time and concert! Derek Riggs did the best artwork!
    I like Pharaoh Eddie awakenable. Hope he will break the meta...
    Same! He was my first 5* character when this game launched and I loved him! I hope he rises in power and prestige again.
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

  4. #4
    Senior Member Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    534
    Some interesting tunning there:

    Good:
    -More options to counter "Ghost" as a killing effect on the enemy

    -More (at least one) more option to fight GotN Innate Passive Disable (Set)

    -Reworking some outdated toons/talis.

    Bad:
    - Another tunning note and still no fix for Double-Revenge situation and Anti-Revenge toons and talis stop working after "x" number of rounds..no toon dead no passive disable applied. These anti revenge effects just stop working...

    - Convolution never ends, the step beyond "innates, passives, unblockable" effects are.... nameless effects... like Valor situation "this is not a Heal Block.." ... ok? I guess there isn't much more to do and you need to keep the power creep creeping or the game just ends... anyway, only hope that someday we got Icons and clear situations in order to play the game knowing what's going on...


    Also, Let's see what kind of awakening has Pharao.. he wasn't bad as a toon and the last awakening (Eduardo) was quite Meh...
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post

    - Convolution never ends, the step beyond "innates, passives, unblockable" effects are.... nameless effects... like Valor situation "this is not a Heal Block.." ... ok? I guess there isn't much more to do and you need to keep the power creep creeping or the game just ends... anyway, only hope that someday we got Icons and clear situations in order to play the game knowing what's going on...
    This is really making the game a real mess... just relying on some visuals to figure out if a toon is "innately frozen or innately asleep", does not work. Even more since these visuals are "innately bugged".

    PLEASE ADD ICONS FOR INNATE EFFECTS!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Administrator Durandal_LOTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman9999 View Post
    PLEASE ADD ICONS FOR INNATE EFFECTS!!!!!!
    We're in the process discussing plans around this. There are plenty of innate effects in the game, some are just more explicitly called out compared to others.

    For example, a character's passive might read: "Once per battle, do X upon death." This is technically an innate effect, but we would rather use icons for something like Innate Passive Disable which is an important thing to track since it's difficult to tell exactly when it is or isn't on your characters. Other effects, like The Mercenary's "Mark of Diablo", might not receive an icon because it is already represented by a unique visual effect.

    We'll need to carefully pick and choose which canditiates are the best to receive an icon to prevent icon bloat (since they would appear alongside any other effects).
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    We're in the process discussing plans around this. There are plenty of innate effects in the game, some are just more explicitly called out compared to others.

    For example, a character's passive might read: "Once per battle, do X upon death." This is technically an innate effect, but we would rather use icons for something like Innate Passive Disable which is an important thing to track since it's difficult to tell exactly when it is or isn't on your characters. Other effects, like The Mercenary's "Mark of Diablo", might not receive an icon because it is already represented by a unique visual effect.

    We'll need to carefully pick and choose which canditiates are the best to receive an icon to prevent icon bloat (since they would appear alongside any other effects).
    Not only icons are hugely needed to figure out things like innate passive disable... but visuals are hugely bugged. Now that "innate freeze" is so frequent, I keep seeing half of the toons with the freeze visuals, but they're usually not frozen. Personally I think that the concept of innate effects are a step in the wrong direction, it makes the game more messy and bugged... and just keeps adding lines and lines of text to talisman/passives/effect descriptions.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    We're in the process discussing plans around this. There are plenty of innate effects in the game, some are just more explicitly called out compared to others.

    For example, a character's passive might read: "Once per battle, do X upon death." This is technically an innate effect, but we would rather use icons for something like Innate Passive Disable which is an important thing to track since it's difficult to tell exactly when it is or isn't on your characters. Other effects, like The Mercenary's "Mark of Diablo", might not receive an icon because it is already represented by a unique visual effect.

    We'll need to carefully pick and choose which canditiates are the best to receive an icon to prevent icon bloat (since they would appear alongside any other effects).
    Thanks for the answer Durandal, Happy to hear that you are in the process of this. Despite I hear what you said, and I understand your point, relying ONLY on visual effects to denote "states" is a heavy mistake, best practice about this tells you also need an Icon to show what's happening. Plus, everyone who played the game at least one time, knows/suffered visual effects bugs. We all have been playing with toons that look Frozen, Slept, Stunt, and they are not under that condition, just a visual delayed bug.

    Another problem with relying only on visual effects. We don't know the duration of the effects only through visuals... for example Innate Stunt from Rot (iirc) lasts forever. As players, we don't have any way to know that some toon was affected by that effect or any other stunt, therefore we can be playing turns and turns to wait for that effect to disappear without a way of knowing that was an infinite effect. We need to know the effect duration as it is with the regular buffs/debuff icons.


    I do understand that toons like G. Hierophant with his passive (innate?) Heal block should be known by the player and "shouldn't need" an icon because his passive describes it, but that also leads to confusion. Or when GRE uses Death Grip (same innate health block) you only see a sad "heal block" line on your toons and then quickly goes away. One turn after that you don't know if the effect is still applied or not (now even less, cos we have toons that clean innates states)
    So, visuals are ok but you need Icons, or at least when you open the status effects on toons you need to know what's on them (and now we don't know)

    Again thks and hope the feedback helps.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

  9. #9
    Senior Member edsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    764
    Can Heaven awakening shards be added to awakening soul drop pool please?
    Proud Clan Member JomsVikings

  10. #10
    Senior Member Beddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    England
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    706
    Why reveal these notes now if your gonna add them at the end of the month?
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •