Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Senior Member osiris0000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    591
    Amazing updates! Really loved the description notes. Extremely happy as an ancient egypt nerd here Looking forward to the update!

  2. #12
    Administrator Durandal_LOTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman9999 View Post
    PLEASE ADD ICONS FOR INNATE EFFECTS!!!!!!
    We're in the process discussing plans around this. There are plenty of innate effects in the game, some are just more explicitly called out compared to others.

    For example, a character's passive might read: "Once per battle, do X upon death." This is technically an innate effect, but we would rather use icons for something like Innate Passive Disable which is an important thing to track since it's difficult to tell exactly when it is or isn't on your characters. Other effects, like The Mercenary's "Mark of Diablo", might not receive an icon because it is already represented by a unique visual effect.

    We'll need to carefully pick and choose which canditiates are the best to receive an icon to prevent icon bloat (since they would appear alongside any other effects).
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    We're in the process discussing plans around this. There are plenty of innate effects in the game, some are just more explicitly called out compared to others.

    For example, a character's passive might read: "Once per battle, do X upon death." This is technically an innate effect, but we would rather use icons for something like Innate Passive Disable which is an important thing to track since it's difficult to tell exactly when it is or isn't on your characters. Other effects, like The Mercenary's "Mark of Diablo", might not receive an icon because it is already represented by a unique visual effect.

    We'll need to carefully pick and choose which canditiates are the best to receive an icon to prevent icon bloat (since they would appear alongside any other effects).
    Not only icons are hugely needed to figure out things like innate passive disable... but visuals are hugely bugged. Now that "innate freeze" is so frequent, I keep seeing half of the toons with the freeze visuals, but they're usually not frozen. Personally I think that the concept of innate effects are a step in the wrong direction, it makes the game more messy and bugged... and just keeps adding lines and lines of text to talisman/passives/effect descriptions.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    113
    Can we have back the 3 seconds of waiting in Autoplay?

  5. #15
    Senior Member Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    We're in the process discussing plans around this. There are plenty of innate effects in the game, some are just more explicitly called out compared to others.

    For example, a character's passive might read: "Once per battle, do X upon death." This is technically an innate effect, but we would rather use icons for something like Innate Passive Disable which is an important thing to track since it's difficult to tell exactly when it is or isn't on your characters. Other effects, like The Mercenary's "Mark of Diablo", might not receive an icon because it is already represented by a unique visual effect.

    We'll need to carefully pick and choose which canditiates are the best to receive an icon to prevent icon bloat (since they would appear alongside any other effects).
    Thanks for the answer Durandal, Happy to hear that you are in the process of this. Despite I hear what you said, and I understand your point, relying ONLY on visual effects to denote "states" is a heavy mistake, best practice about this tells you also need an Icon to show what's happening. Plus, everyone who played the game at least one time, knows/suffered visual effects bugs. We all have been playing with toons that look Frozen, Slept, Stunt, and they are not under that condition, just a visual delayed bug.

    Another problem with relying only on visual effects. We don't know the duration of the effects only through visuals... for example Innate Stunt from Rot (iirc) lasts forever. As players, we don't have any way to know that some toon was affected by that effect or any other stunt, therefore we can be playing turns and turns to wait for that effect to disappear without a way of knowing that was an infinite effect. We need to know the effect duration as it is with the regular buffs/debuff icons.


    I do understand that toons like G. Hierophant with his passive (innate?) Heal block should be known by the player and "shouldn't need" an icon because his passive describes it, but that also leads to confusion. Or when GRE uses Death Grip (same innate health block) you only see a sad "heal block" line on your toons and then quickly goes away. One turn after that you don't know if the effect is still applied or not (now even less, cos we have toons that clean innates states)
    So, visuals are ok but you need Icons, or at least when you open the status effects on toons you need to know what's on them (and now we don't know)

    Again thks and hope the feedback helps.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    113
    So January has passed and no January tuning came

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Russia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachPlease View Post
    So January has passed and no January tuning came
    Sacrifice topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Hello Troopers!

    We've extended the January Sacrifice Store items by 1 day. Previously we were set to have these items leave the store on February 2nd at 4pm PT. However, we have now scheduled a client release for this same day. In light of this, we've now made it so these store items will expire on February 3rd at 4pm PT!
    John-2692

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •