Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Put enemy talisman setups in Gauntlet already!

It is time the devs have already implemented this QOL feature that would save players multiple wasted attempts at high Gauntlet ranks and multiple wasted characters.

I'm tired of using a certain comp against a team that, turns out, has Yggdrasil talismans on one character and I'm like "Oh, I should've brought Paranoia" and there you go, I can no longer use my 4 toons I should've used for another battle.

OS
    iOS
    Um... this would take all of the challenge out of Gauntlet. Half of Gauntlet is having every toon, and the other half is anticipating what the opposing teams in SS/SSS will have on them and being ready for everything.
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    Android
    Or you can spend the time amulet.

OS
    Android
    Time amulets already took all the fun and challenge out of gauntlet. No need to make it even more boring.
    Member of Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    Time amulets didn't "take all the fun and challenge out". It just added another layer of complexity.

Sure you can pop an amulet after every fight and get those toons back each time but you can only do that so many times. It's just another level of resource management. You are still rewarded for winning the battle on your first go.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Besides, the spikes are better spent killing Baph more times. So it's a nice tradeoff.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    Time amulets didn't "take all the fun and challenge out". It just added another layer of complexity.

Sure you can pop an amulet after every fight and get those toons back each time but you can only do that so many times. It's just another level of resource management. You are still rewarded for winning the battle on your first go.
    No. Amulets took away all requirements of any skill in gauntlet. I can post short guide, how to win gauntlet using only 10-15 characters. Only thing matters is number of amulets you have. Do you want it? Gauntlet part in this game is 100% pay to win now.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 01-11-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    I won Gauntlet not long before amulets were allowed. It was exciting getting near the top ranks, then struggling with the challenge of finding the right base 1* to 3* characters to support the eddies I had left to pull off the win at the end. I am one of the people who feels amulets have removed some of the skill requirement from Gauntlet. There is no excitement or challenge being 3 levels deep into SSS and having your entire roster still available. The only question at that point is do I have more amulets than the other people doing exactly the same thing...

And to be clear, no disrespect intended to anyone winning since amulets were introduced. There is still considerable time, and resource investment, required to win Gauntlet under any circumstances. Kudos for putting in the effort and saving the resources to make it happen. Just not as much skill when your full roster is available vs. trying to stretch everything you have to go as far as possible without resets.
    "A good game is like a mirror that allows you to look into yourself. And you can learn a lot about a man by watching how he plays a game." Malcador

Cartic-4058 - in-game account ID

OS
    Android
    In recent months the Freddie to play this game has been in constant decline. Everything is either way overpowered or too expensive to want to farm, and the bugs make me want to play the game to no end. Gauntlet is still fun, but I never go past S much anymore (of course I've only ever made it to SSS). Even without the bugs 35 or more sands to play one time in the new only once in the new dungeons is enough to make a person grow weary of the game. A standard refill won't even let you run your troopers. It seems that's all I can bring myself to do anymore (run troopers, clan and gauntlet). I've collected about 70 time amulets since they came out. I don't use them in clans, due to the lack of sand refills (only 4 a day by midnight) and my roster is large enough I don't really need them. Sorry, I'm off on a rant. It's just the way this game is only for the spenders or hoarders now, and soon the hoarders will be at the spend it fall to the wayside crossroad. I'm not even sure why I keep half my roster, as they can't compete with the new meta. The rewards for gauntlet and every other event are so lack luster that is beyond said. I mean how many memorial talismans do we need? Oh well, useless rant over...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    No. Amulets took away all requirements of any skill in gauntlet. I can post short guide, how to win gauntlet using only 10-15 characters. Only thing matters is number of amulets you have. Do you want it? Gauntlet part in this game is 100% pay to win now.

Just so much wrong.

You still have to win the fight and you only get 8 per gauntlet. Skill and resource management still take precedence over how many amulets a player has.

Honestly, every time I see a complaint like this, I just assume that the person is salty that someone else decided to burn through their hoarded stash the same week but was either better and/or hoarded more amulets thus beating the complainer.

Besides, If you're spending amulets in gauntlet you aren't getting nearly as good of returns if you spend them in raids.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 01-14-2021 at 03:25 AM. Reason: grammar
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591