Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member Olevipoeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Estonia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    Just so much wrong.

    You still have to win the fight and you only get 8 per gauntlet.
    What are you talking about? You can hoard as many as you want. Events give amulets and sometimes you can buy amulets from store, for hefty price. Hoarding amulets requires no skill whatsoever. You need just one current META team for winning Gauntlet. And lots of amulets.
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 01-14-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

    When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    What are you talking about? You can hoard as many as you want. Events give amulets and sometimes you can buy amulets from store, for hefty price. Hoarding amulets requires no skill whatsoever. You need just one current META team for winning Gauntlet. And lots of amulets.
    I wasn't saying you can only use 8 I was just saying the average rate you earn them.

    Ok, so you hoard all of the amulets for one giant push. And what's your reward? A sub par toon that I got with less stress and I got WAY more ironite by using those amulets in Raids.

    And that's only if someone else doesn't choose to blow their load the same gauntlet you do. It doesn't remove skill, it just changes the risk v reward and frankly the rewards will never be good enough.

    Want my free advice? Don't waste your time, effort, or amulets on gauntlet. It will never be worth it until gauntlet hands out ironite on par with raids.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

    MuzakMaker-3591

  3. #13
    Senior Member Olevipoeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Estonia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    I wasn't saying you can only use 8 I was just saying the average rate you earn them.

    Ok, so you hoard all of the amulets for one giant push. And what's your reward? A sub par toon that I got with less stress and I got WAY more ironite by using those amulets in Raids.

    And that's only if someone else doesn't choose to blow their load the same gauntlet you do. It doesn't remove skill, it just changes the risk v reward and frankly the rewards will never be good enough.

    Want my free advice? Don't waste your time, effort, or amulets on gauntlet. It will never be worth it until gauntlet hands out ironite on par with raids.
    Exactly! Using amulets has ruined Gauntlet totally. This is now a hoarding game. Using amulet should be banned form rounds SS and SSS or capped to 8-10 uses. On lower levels it should remain so beginners could get their chance to get higher levels.
    Olevipoeg-2218

    When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    180
    Gauntlet's been going downhill for a while and not just because of amulets.

    The first issue for me was when they nerfed AAA into irrelevance. AAA used to be pretty challenging and you had to be really deliberate about which characters you used but now you can just throw any four half decent characters together and stomp them.

    The battles in S and above are about the same, maybe harder just cause of power creep. But because AAA is so easy it becomes a really drastic jump whereas before it felt like a more natural progression.

    Also, I can't stand how the ranking works. I've literally gotten into SSS only to get AAA rewards because my ranking plummeted in the last like two hours of the cycle. Just let people get the rewards for whatever level they make it into, FFS.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Olevipoeg View Post
    Exactly! Using amulets has ruined Gauntlet totally. This is now a hoarding game. Using amulet should be banned form rounds SS and SSS or capped to 8-10 uses. On lower levels it should remain so beginners could get their chance to get higher levels.
    I honestly don't know how you can read my statement and think that I agree with you. Using amulets isn't bad or the problem.

    It's that the rewards from gauntlet are trash and you're still ignoring the fact that those amulets don't mean anything with out the knowledge of what toons and talismans you need to bring to the table.

    All amulets do is is provide you some wiggle room to either burn an amulet after each fight or wait until you need a specific toon back. Both of which can get you further but you still need to win.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

    MuzakMaker-3591

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Volrath View Post
    Gauntlet's been going downhill for a while and not just because of amulets.

    The first issue for me was when they nerfed AAA into irrelevance. AAA used to be pretty challenging and you had to be really deliberate about which characters you used but now you can just throw any four half decent characters together and stomp them.

    The battles in S and above are about the same, maybe harder just cause of power creep. But because AAA is so easy it becomes a really drastic jump whereas before it felt like a more natural progression.

    Also, I can't stand how the ranking works. I've literally gotten into SSS only to get AAA rewards because my ranking plummeted in the last like two hours of the cycle. Just let people get the rewards for whatever level they make it into, FFS.
    AAA-SS seem to go back and forth for me. Some weeks I can put a team with only one solid member on for any of the fights. Sometimes I need to play exactly to counter both talismans and passives.

    And more often than not all three have some really solid team set ups and some teams that I think snuck up from F (looking at the one week I got 2 SS teams that didn't even have a single toon up to 5*s.

    I don't mind using place to dictate how many frags for the new toon each person gets. It helps incentivize play and helps meter how fast the toon enters player's rosters.

    But I do really wish they'd rethink talismans, especially the 5 set talismans. It's incredibly annoying to have to maintain a 500-1000th place so that you don't wind up with an incomplete set.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

    MuzakMaker-3591

  7. #17
    Senior Member Tsuketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    127
    In most events where you can earn parts of a talisman set, they have the ability to buy one last tali for ironite in the store if you can't do one of the challenges. I think that would be appropriate with Gauntlet too.

    The discussion here is interesting. I personally feel that the time spikes made gauntlet harder not easier. Gauntlet is a PvP activity. We're competing against each other. The challenge isn't getting to Grade SSS (or whatever). The challenge is getting to the appropriate rank. And the time spikes made it harder to get to that rank, since you're competing against people who are using them. I'm not saying this is good or bad. I'm not actually sure which it is.

    I do feel, however, that since we're competing against each other, that everyone should have the exact same group of opponents to fight against. It's not right that I got a fully awakened GRE with two Baphs and an Odin on SS1 while someone else got the Eternity squad with Run to the Hills Eddie. I understand why they can't do this (people would post the teams, which would make it easier for people who go later in the cycle). But still, the zero-sum ranking when we're fighting different opponents than each other doesn't sit well with me.

    I definitely agree with MuzakMaker (hope I'm not putting words in your mouth) that it seems weird that the opponents in the higher rounds are so variable in difficulty. I would like to see more consistency there.
    Tsuketa-6474

    Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

  8. #18
    Senior Member Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    531
    Oh this discussion again xD xD xD
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post

    I definitely agree with MuzakMaker (hope I'm not putting words in your mouth) that it seems weird that the opponents in the higher rounds are so variable in difficulty. I would like to see more consistency there.
    No worries. We're in agreement. Long gone are the days where the Round had any firm rules on the difficulty. I've seen awakenings as low as D and that next run I won't get any until SS and by that point it's max awakened meta toons with meta talismans.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

    MuzakMaker-3591

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •