Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83
  1. #51
    Senior Member Discordian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    I agree, that having some challenge for us late game players is great.

    My problem lies in the fact that this event is only for the late game players.
    And most events are aimed more towards early-game or mid-game players. Take evolution events - anybody can do those, and they grant what would've been an awesome talisman for someone who hasn't yet cleared Night City, but is generally crap compared to the arsenal of level 50 red T3s us end-game players have. We do them because it's something to do.

    If people could just grind the easy dungeon for less currency, then almost everybody would take that path (as they did during the Infernal event) instead of trying to use their noggins to win the biggest rewards.

    I'm sure the cosmic will come around again in some frag event or whatnot. The Heaven shards should be hard to get - and also highly motivating to those of us who've only managed to max 4 Baphs without paying real cash.

    I like that there's a whole event for those of us who are inevitably getting bored with easy evo events, frag events, f***ing Towerfall, and dungeons we can beat on Insanity reliably with the first team we slap together.
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    And most events are aimed more towards early-game or mid-game players. Take evolution events - anybody can do those, and they grant what would've been an awesome talisman for someone who hasn't yet cleared Night City, but is generally crap compared to the arsenal of level 50 red T3s us end-game players have. We do them because it's something to do.

    If people could just grind the easy dungeon for less currency, then almost everybody would take that path (as they did during the Infernal event) instead of trying to use their noggins to win the biggest rewards.

    I'm sure the cosmic will come around again in some frag event or whatnot. The Heaven shards should be hard to get - and also highly motivating to those of us who've only managed to max 4 Baphs without paying real cash.

    I like that there's a whole event for those of us who are inevitably getting bored with easy evo events, frag events, f***ing Towerfall, and dungeons we can beat on Insanity reliably with the first team we slap together.
    We see it all the time with non-frontier dungeon events, it all comes down to efficiency. People run whatever gets them the most frags/currency per ironite or time (depending on which is the more pressing factor). Quick and simple way to address this, make Hard give out more currency to the point where us end game players would still play it while normal still gives out some currency so that the beginning and mid game players aren't just sitting on the outside looking in.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

    MuzakMaker-3591

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    101
    All it takes is perseverance, much tweaking, snarling and gnashing of teeth.

    Had relative success with:

    FFE - Viper/Bespoke
    Horus Max - Brave
    Odin 4* - Apocalypse/Alchemy cosmic
    KP Yggdrasil/Paranoia

    Can take anywhere from 5-9 minutes but been pretty safe thus far

  4. #54
    Senior Member Tsuketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Discordian View Post
    For those complaining that there are no possible teams, blah blah blah, try this one:

    Dark Road Eddie: Paranoia T3, Apocalypse
    Sentinel Odin: Envious, Aesir T3
    Skuld: Ragnarok, Valhalla T3
    Terrible Tim: Brave

    Honestly, this game needs more, not less, challenging content for end-of-game players. Those who only want the cosmic can do 150 runs and stop. 25 runs a day gets you there. Those that want to awaken another Baphomet can do the whole event. It's up to you, participate or don't, but the constant woe-is-me whinging is basically channeling your energy into complaining on a forum instead of figuring out how best to conquer the challenges set for us. Instead of achieving something positive, you're doing thirsty work - making Holy Smoke.
    I appreciate your positivity. It's easy to complain, and hard to praise. I would like a little balance, though. Every good team I've seen posted has been based on Dark Road Eddie. But he was a long shot character that a lot of us weren't lucky enough to get. I've managed a few successes with Scream For Me, but that team fails way more often than it succeeds. I've spent 6 solid hours (3 keys) trying various combinations of characters and talismans, and I do like the challenge, but I feel that this one is too weighted toward us having a small group of unlikely characters.

    I don't want them to make Hard easier. I also don't want them to take away the incentive for endgame players to work at it. What I'd like is for the event to not be exclusive to top endgame players. Give us a way to get one bespoke on normal and I'll say, "If I were better, I could have gotten more, but this is very fair."
    Tsuketa-6474

    Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartacus View Post
    All it takes is perseverance, much tweaking, snarling and gnashing of teeth.

    Had relative success with:

    FFE - Viper/Bespoke
    Horus Max - Brave
    Odin 4* - Apocalypse/Alchemy cosmic
    KP Yggdrasil/Paranoia

    Can take anywhere from 5-9 minutes but been pretty safe thus far
    first run withe this team: defeat
    i have fully awakened odin and all relics.

    Best team for me: King arthur eddie valhalla/snow; odin full awakened aegir apocalypse/ icarus full awak envious/bespoke. Witch doc whratful/bespoke

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman9999 View Post
    first run withe this team: defeat
    i have fully awakened odin and all relics.

    Best team for me: King arthur eddie valhalla/snow; odin full awakened aegir apocalypse/ icarus full awak envious/bespoke. Witch doc whratful/bespoke
    Just had to bloody say it didn't you!
    Can guarantee it's all going to go Pete Tong for me now
    A perma-stun loop can really ruin your day.

    A Matter of Life and Death is under-rated and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Russia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMaster View Post
    Is new bespoke talisman suitable for Horus or not (because he has it's own)?
    I've checked, yes it's worked on Horus
    John-2692

  8. #58
    Senior Member BillLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Connecticut
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    Give us auto-repeat when dying in autoplay!
    👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

    Lots of good points and perspectives on this thread, but THAT is the golden one for me all things considered.

    Just make it an option and that would improve the quality of life instantly for many who don't mind taking some losses, but can't sit and babysit the game all day.
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    59
    Threads like this one prove only one point.

    The game team is incapable of adjusting events on the fly.

    It's not that they don't hear us. They just can't act upon it.

    But beyond this sad reality, what it really means is that they lack ressources and skills to handle this game, and are too scared to accept offered hands.

    I'm still saying this from a 25+ yrs background in software engineering with degrees to back my claims.

  10. #60
    Senior Member GrimDusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    669
    So I know that people are frustrated about the event, and I get it. I get that the idea that content is locked behind a harder difficulty that what we're used to can make things quite annoying. On the other hand, I will say this: unlike the Paranoia talisman from months back, the Desert Deity talisman is not going to be enough of a game changer that you should be worried about missing out.

    If you want a team, then here's what I had most success with:

    Dark Road Ed: Apocalypse, Paranoia T3
    Baphomet: Envious+whatever cosmic you want, it doesn't matter
    Horus: Navigation, Blight, and his T3
    Terrible Tim: Yggdrasil and the Sinister Solstice T3

    I don't think this dungeon needs full re-adjusting. It's fine. The final wave is the real kicker, but it should not be that bad. The only thing I personally may change is just removing Brave talismans from Osiris, as they are kind of annoying to deal with. I would instead put him with Envious and a T3 or maybe Artifact and a T3.

    I think that everyone here needs to take a deep breath and remember at the end of the day this is a game, and if you miss one talisman or character it will not be the end of the world. I understand it's frustrating, believe me I hated that Happy Holibeast event, but I think we can all just chill a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •