Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    So I know that people are frustrated about the event, and I get it. I get that the idea that content is locked behind a harder difficulty that what we're used to can make things quite annoying. On the other hand, I will say this: unlike the Paranoia talisman from months back, the Desert Deity talisman is not going to be enough of a game changer that you should be worried about missing out.

If you want a team, then here's what I had most success with:

Dark Road Ed: Apocalypse, Paranoia T3
    Baphomet: Envious+whatever cosmic you want, it doesn't matter
    Horus: Navigation, Blight, and his T3
    Terrible Tim: Yggdrasil and the Sinister Solstice T3

I don't think this dungeon needs full re-adjusting. It's fine. The final wave is the real kicker, but it should not be that bad. The only thing I personally may change is just removing Brave talismans from Osiris, as they are kind of annoying to deal with. I would instead put him with Envious and a T3 or maybe Artifact and a T3.

I think that everyone here needs to take a deep breath and remember at the end of the day this is a game, and if you miss one talisman or character it will not be the end of the world. I understand it's frustrating, believe me I hated that Happy Holibeast event, but I think we can all just chill a bit.
    The main problem with your point is that these events build off each other. We've got a powerslave themed month coming up and it's not unreasonable that having 1 desert bespoke or 1 pharaoh dog bespoke could be the tipping point between success or failure and only us endgamers will have one and we're going to be the ones who probably don't need it.

I mean look at your team and quite a few of the others here, they all rely on things that were only introduced once or twice so far.

I like powerslave Hard being this difficult, the only thing I don't like is that this is yet another "the rich get richer" event.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    The main problem with your point is that these events build off each other. We've got a powerslave themed month coming up and it's not unreasonable that having 1 desert bespoke or 1 pharaoh dog bespoke could be the tipping point between success or failure and only us endgamers will have one and we're going to be the ones who probably don't need it.

I mean look at your team and quite a few of the others here, they all rely on things that were only introduced once or twice so far.

I like powerslave Hard being this difficult, the only thing I don't like is that this is yet another "the rich get richer" event.
    Seconded on this. The real frustration with this event is that it's largely undoable if you didn't get Dark Road Eddie the one time that he was made available. We're dreading the next time we're having this conversation and everyone is saying, "This event is easy. You just need the Desert Deity Bespoke..."

If just the talisman challenges were made to work on normal, we'd get enough currency for a T2. Every endgame player would still have a ton of incentive to work on Hard, since T3 bespokes are significantly better than T2s, but the rest of us wouldn't feel like we missed an important opportunity. The same thing happened with me in the December cyborg bespoke event. I got a T2 and my thought process wasn't frustration, it was, "I can't wait until next year when I'll have enough for a T3." Much better to make me look forward to the future than be frustrated about it.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Delegreg View Post
    Threads like this one prove only one point.

The game team is incapable of adjusting events on the fly.

It's not that they don't hear us. They just can't act upon it.

But beyond this sad reality, what it really means is that they lack ressources and skills to handle this game, and are too scared to accept offered hands.

I'm still saying this from a 25+ yrs background in software engineering with degrees to back my claims.
    Ah please, when Powerslave Normal came out it was adjusted because Set with Labyrinths was too much. They don't want to. When we had to get Bounty Hunter Eddie they had to add days to the event since it was ridiculous. Compensation packs have been given out to make up for issues.

They think this is fine. Checked twitter? They gave a shout out to some guy who posted a team that could beat the dungeon.

They don't adress the issues here, or on social media, but want us to care about some terrible looking ring for Killers anniversary.

They can fix things, as long as it isn't Prisoner (Same reason The Killer's passive got changed), they just don't want to.

All the feedback on the forums? All the suggestion threads, all the comments on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter? Who cares. It counts as interactions so it looks good on a report. Doesn't matter if it's almost bot-like "DURR Up tHe IroNS", personal insults, valid criticism or suggestions. They still make money like this, and that's the bottom line.
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

I was gone for like 3 years, still getting used to how the game works now.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post

I think that's a fair point you make. Yeah, I do think that it's unfortunate the event is hard only.

I don't think that the Desert Deity bespoke will be game changing. The stats on it are pretty eh, and the characters you can put it on aren't great even with the recent retuning. However, you are right at the end that it is "rich get richer." If I were the devs I think I would have done something similar to Infernal's event, where you can play it for a short amount of runs on hard, or you can play it for a larger amount of runs on normal in order to get the bespoke. Endgame players can be done with it quicker, and new game players just have to grind at it a bit.

OS
    Android
    Guys any team without dard road eddie?

OS
    Android
    I've got a team with Scream for Me that I worked on for a long time tweaking talis, etc. But, in the end, it took 8-10 minutes and only won 1/5th of the time (4 successes in 20 attempts). I failed miserably to find a sustainable team and gave up.

I wonder what mechanism they're going to use to bring Dark Road back. Maybe Heroic rotation? I'm a bit scared that it will be sacrifice rewards. I'd like both of this month's rewards, but getting both will leave me in a state that it'll be hard to get next month's. So, if next month is Dark Road Eddie, I'll have screwed myself. (Gengis Khan ally is nice and all, but he's not the kind of character that singlehandedly makes a whole event possible, the way Dark Road clearly is.)
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    iOS
    Seeing as he was a Halloween event character, I’d be surprised if he showed up before next Halloween.

Unless they have an all characters from 2020 event.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by annouvis25 View Post
    Guys any team without dard road eddie?
    You could try:
    Viking Invader (Serenity / Grail / bespoke)
    S. Odin (Apoc / bespoke)
    Terrible Tim (Yggs / bespoke)
    Necropolis (Rags / Serenity cosmic - ideally T5)
    This is around 98% reliable, I've got through entire keys with no problems but do get the odd failure. Typically around the 4-5 minute mark.

Another team I've seen posted, but haven't tried is:
    VI (Brave)
    Horus (Envious / Blight cosmic)
    Tim (Yggs / Bespoke)
    Necropolis (Rags / Alchemy cosmic)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    I wonder what mechanism they're going to use to bring Dark Road back. Maybe Heroic rotation? I'm a bit scared that it will be sacrifice rewards. I'd like both of this month's rewards, but getting both will leave me in a state that it'll be hard to get next month's. So, if next month is Dark Road Eddie, I'll have screwed myself. (Gengis Khan ally is nice and all, but he's not the kind of character that singlehandedly makes a whole event possible, the way Dark Road clearly is.)
    I have a lot of clanmates that would dearly love to see Dark Road pop up somewhere. He is a total beast for dungeon grinding. I believe it's also been mentioned that there will be a chance to earn Dark Advent Lilith and Holibeast so maybe the anniversary event?

OS
    iOS
    The team with S.Odin does work. You'll get an odd defeat once in a while...