Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    OS
    Android
    Great analysis and awesome work as usual.

Let me be the sour one, you start recounting your experience in this dungeon by stating you don't have the designated required toons to farm it.

But you did beat it, just as I did.

Meaning you used bespoke talismans on all of your team.

None of which can be arranged anywhere but previous events.

See where I'm headed there ?

We need to assess that in regard to the event quality.

Loyal, years long players that skipped a couple hard grinding events for exotic characters are cut off from farming it.

Anyone who isn't a long time dedicated olayer having all those bespokes is just unable to try it.

IMNSHO, this event was designed only to push players to grind for the two sentinel bosses, which are both lacking love since everyone went with cosmic warrior and assassin on them, and to create want for dark road whatever who clearly is dominating every dungeon they put out after him, just like sfm did.

Not saying Bruce is a megalomaniac, but that there is a definite bias somewhere, the game design is going haywire with powercreep and the designers clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Us long time players still see our phones grind for hours on easy dungeons for 1* materials, because hey, super powerful talismans come as 3* and must evolve, mind you, but none of the high levels dungeon ever drops 1* stuff.

Seasoned players with a dumb trick run 3 dozen baph X per day just to show off stacks of hundreds of thousands ironite, laughing at the developers, and it's all quite normal.

What's next ? Hollybeast for Easter ? Dark road returns for summer in Malibu ? Neon pink scream for me is in for April 1st ? Super battlefield that's 666 times harder than powerslave hard ?

Stay tuned for our next episode of "what did they smoke while designing this event !!! It sure wasn't paisley !!!"

---
    As always, there's a degree of humour in this post, do please have some more paisley before reacting.

OS
    iOS
    Given we'll inevitably see hard levels for Samurai, Mystic and Labyrinth, it'll be interesting to see where those get pitched.

I think Valhalla definitely struck a good balance in terms of being hard but beatable but also in terms of the number of runs required. I'm still not sure anyone got a 100% reliable auto team for Powerslave, and all the vaguely reliable teams I saw had several out of S. Odin, S. Baphomet, Dark Road, Viking Invader, Skuld, Necropolis or Terrible Tim (with the limited Xmas cosmic) - all of which take a lot of work to acquire or aren't currently able to be acquired. It wasn't as utterly impossibly horrible as Infernal (Hard) when that got released but it wasn't really fun either, especially that last wave.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Given we'll inevitably see hard levels for Samurai, Mystic and Labyrinth, it'll be interesting to see where those get pitched.

I think Valhalla definitely struck a good balance in terms of being hard but beatable but also in terms of the number of runs required. I'm still not sure anyone got a 100% reliable auto team for Powerslave, and all the vaguely reliable teams I saw had several out of S. Odin, S. Baphomet, Dark Road, Viking Invader, Skuld, Necropolis or Terrible Tim (with the limited Xmas cosmic) - all of which take a lot of work to acquire or aren't currently able to be acquired. It wasn't as utterly impossibly horrible as Infernal (Hard) when that got released but it wasn't really fun either, especially that last wave.
    Honestly, the last wave wasn't hard compared to the ones before it. Sure, you needed one of the cookie cutter teams, but as long as the boss team didn't have a turn, the Eddie was very exposed, and killing it ended the dungeon. Granted, this means relying on Paranoia talismans, so either DarkRoad/FotD or the green killer (or taking a trooper eddie of another color through auto-replay, stopping it and manually changing eds, but shhh) so it's still a design flaw.

I think the game has struck a very important issue for its longevity, and that's true endgame content.

Sure, we have arena and gauntlet (with clans now the first one seems more of a let's rig it contest than ever before) but dungeons shouldn't be the end of the game, especially when they are event related. A player joining the game today won't be able to compete in events (always assume F2P) for a while. Bad SoT regen (120 is at max account level), bad toon slots (means spending limited ironite or gold to avoid saccing good toons), and not access to specific effects (remember when scalding burn was caused by like, 1 character and it was required for an event?) as well as lacking resources to farm (keys cost FC/trooper frags/ironite).

The old playerbase is bleeding slowly players, players that not even clans could keep. We are approaching Avalon, so far the last teased story-world (Silent Planet should be a i-X dungeon) and we could expecta powerspike similar between Underworld Madness and Dark City Normal. Sure, we had the Purple demon and Iron Eddie combo, but immunity to negative effects is far more common now, and still that was relying on 2 very specific toons.

We've gone beyond the Fear Of Missing Out, we are approaching Fear Of Not Joining Years Ago. I can't reccomend a game to my friends that requires you letting your phone running hundreds of times the same dungeon, with no manual imput, to get fragments of a character. I can't tell them to download Legacy if it means they have to save up resources or put money in so they can try next year's events after trying to play catch up.

This was supposed to be a game and it feels like a job.
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

I was gone for like 3 years, still getting used to how the game works now.