Quote Originally Posted by dragonmat89 View Post
During the last run I had fully awakened Viking in D but then back to 3* Storm Eddie in C... the difficulty curve was a bit screwy this time that's for sure. I will say it made the lower tiers a bit more interesting but no good for players who can't get past them.
Gauntlet has always been weird. Once I read that it was dependant on how well you did, but teams seem to be pulled from arena. Last season I had full Beast and Oni Eddie almost wrecking my team on S, then SS was full of 3/4 stars until a wall in the middle. Season before that, Edward the Great (yggs), Sevastopol (forge), Red Queen (rags) and G. Bapho (Mercy) on E. Baph and eddie almost fully awakened too.

I would love to see actual dev time spent on gauntlet, and have the first grades (before they lock toons even after winning a grade) be thematic teams for the season's toon.
Hell maybe even show the toon IN gauntlet as a boss per rank so as to get a feel for them, especially since they aren't in the compendium and the scaling of damage is always weird.

As for the season itself...meh? As long as you have enough strong toons and talis, you'll get enough frags to earn the toon by the last week without any effort. Also, King Arthur is an Assassin. Avalon's theming as medieval high-fantasy and in general the decisions around it continue to...surprise me.

There's Genghis Eddie, a warrior, and there's Genghis Khan, a warrior. But Arthur Eddie and King Arthur are... a Sentinel and an Assassin?