Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Be Part of the Legacy! - Forge a 5⭐Hero!

Name:  Create-a-character-tease-v3.png
Views: 10340
Size:  545.3 KB

Help build the first ever community created character in Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast!

Work together to create a brand new 5⭐ Awakenable Ally! From now until May 2021 we will be updating this thread with a series of polls and open submission calls that will flesh out this community driven hero. Once finalized, the character will be set for release in July as part of our 5th Anniversary Celebration!

Part 1 - Character Ideas and Themes

The votes are in! The very first ‘Forge a Hero’ character will be: A STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND INSPIRED ALIEN

We received 620 votes, the majority of which selected an Alien inspired by the cover of Stranger in a Strange Land to be the character we all build together.

This character idea has been passed along to the art team for concepting.

So, what now?

Forge a Hero Schedule

Name:  Forge a hero schedule.PNG
Views: 33815
Size:  34.9 KB

PART 2 - CHARACTER CLASS SELECTION WINNER - SENTINEL!

Our Alien’s class has been selected! We will be building a Sentinel!

We received 428 votes. It was a close race between Sentinel and Gunner, but Sentinel won by just 1 (one!!) vote, making up for 27% of player responses.

PART 3 - BASIC ATTACK BUILD - COMPLETE

The votes are in! Our character will have a basic attack that does the following:
    • Inflicts Random Damage
    • Applies a survivability effect (Invincibility, Immunity, Endure etc.) to multiple allies
    • Applies a Reduce Survivability effect (Permadeath, Doom, Perfect Corruption etc.) to multiples enemies

PART 4 - POWER ATTACK BUILD - COMPLETE

The votes are in! Our character will have a Power attack that does the following:
    • Inflicts Random Damage
    • Applies a damage immunity effect to multiple allies
    • Applies a Reduce Utility effect (Seal, Stop etc) to multiples enemies

PART 5 - PASSIVE ABILITY SUBMISSION - COMPLETE

We received 105 submissions for passive abilities. Our designers chose from among the best submissions, reformatting the writing to match how the passive abilities are written in the game, as well as making some minor changes to fully develop some of the proposed ideas. With that in mind, we will be shaking up this voting process, allowing you to choose your top 4 abilities from our curated list!

PART 6 - CHARACTER CONCEPT VOTE - COMPLETE

We're nearly there! Our character concept has officially been selected!

It was a tight race between all 3 concepts, with options A & B being neck and neck for most of the week. After a total of 664 votes, and with 239 votes to her name, we will be moving forward with Character Concept A!
    Name:  winner (1).png
Views: 6804
Size:  603.4 KB

Were you a fan of the other two designs? Never fear! We love them too and it's likely you'll see them pop up sometime in the future….

PART 7 - PASSIVE ABILITY VOTE - COMPLETE

We’re happy to announce that the winning talisman layout is: 1 Green Slot + 1 Purple Slot + 4 Colorless Slots

Also our character’s passive ability has been selected! We took the top 4 selections from our passive vote and combined them to create the ‘Strange Land Assassin’ passive ability! This ability will do the following:

50% Chance to counterattack when anyone on your team takes damage.
    50% Chance to take no damage per attack.
    Disable Riposte, Bravery and Prideful Talismans after every action.
    Remove all negative effects, including Silver effects, from self after every action. For each effect removed this way, inflict Mark for 3 turns on all enemies.
    If Bounty Hunter Eddie, Cyborg Eddie or Cosmic Cyborg Eddie is on your team: the first time each of you would die during a battle, revive to MAX HP, grant Invincibility for 1 turn to all allies and deal random damage equal to 70% of their MAX HP to a random enemy. (This is disabled permanently if you are passive disabled at anytime in battle)

PART 8 - HERO NAME VOTE - COMPLETE

Thank you everyone for your votes! It was another tight race with our winning entry coming out ahead by just 5 votes! The winning name is: Celestra, A Stranger In Time

Now that all aspects of the character have been decided we’ll be using the month of June to fully build and test this character, with a planned launch in July 2021!

Please note:
    • Character pitches should be focused on a 5⭐ Awakenable Ally. We are not accepting pitches for new Eddies for this initiative
    • Any character submissions should have a connection to the Iron Maiden brand and lore.
    • Any submissions that contain objectionable material (racism, sexism, homophobia or any other kind of negative stereotyping) will be rejected.
    • We are committed to working with the community throughout this process however, our design team reserves the right to make alterations based on gameplay/technical requirements. Thank you for your understanding!
    Last edited by Leviathan; 03-19-2021 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Closing submission form

The song “for the greater good of god” mentions famine, death, war. My suggestion is a personification of the 4 horsemen. Pestilemce being the unmentioned but maybe implied.

OS
    iOS
    In Norse literature, there is documentation about a torture technique appropriately known as the Blood Eagle. I feel like it would totally be an awesome character to be added to the game.

I already have a lot of ideas about what the standard and power attack could be for non awakened and awakened as well as its passive ability because I have wanted the chance to talk about this character for a long time now. I already submitted the idea to the link provided but didn't get a chance to talk about my ideas, if you want to hear it please feel free to ask me on my email lukejwillard@icloud.com

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeskywalker914 View Post
    In Norse literature, there is documentation about a torture technique appropriately known as the Blood Eagle. I feel like it would totally be an awesome character to be added to the game. [/email]
    Anthrax even wrote a song about that!

OS
    iOS
    To corroborate Nifelheim, I threw in the suggestion of Death/The Grim Reaper as a Magus or Assassin. We've seen this fellow lurking around in the likes of The Trooper single cover and SSE's present basic. I would fuckin love to see all four horsemen. Khan Ed and Genghis coexisting suggest that this could happen even with GRE. Also opens up the opportunity to add Alexander the Great!

Name:  68FFB760-D655-41E7-B853-8CABC376C1EF.jpeg
Views: 3663
Size:  112.9 KB
    Name:  B66405F3-6E9F-4D6B-B053-0F48D4FE64EC.jpeg
Views: 3744
Size:  43.7 KB
    the local mentally unstable halfwit

DoctorEly-4668: Dark Road Eddie

OS
    Android
    This gave me pretty much a Dark Souls vibe that I think would go very well with the LOTB Universe.

Can you imagine a apocalypse knight who represented Death and who looked like Yhorm the Giant?

Name:  901505.jpg
Views: 3654
Size:  270.4 KB

Now imagine all 4 horsemen of the apocalypse with a themed Eddie, something like "Last Judgment Eddie" or just "Apocalypse Eddie".

We already have some characters with passive effects that are enhanced when in the same team with others, it would be very epic if by joining these 4 characters (Death, Famine, War and Pestilence) we had some combo that would break the game even more.

Maybe I'm dreaming too much about this proposal to just suggest the theme of a new awakenable 5* character?

Yes, maybe.
    Last edited by Kurzgesagt; 03-16-2021 at 06:06 AM.

I actually imagine death looking like gre/ferryman, but a female, with rose petals

OS
    Android
    I posted my idea, but the form don't ask my name or game id.

OS
    Android
    This is a great initiative. The form only allows one entry per email address, so I'm posting additional ideas here.

Egyptian Gods (inspired by Powerslave)
    Bastet
    Apophis
    Thoth

Demon-Goddesses, Sisters of Lilith (inspired by Lord of Light)
    Naamah
    Agrat bat Mahlat
    Eisheth Zenunim

Other Angels & Demons (inspired by Lord of Light and Fallen Angel)
    Archangel Michael
    Samael
    Azazel

Babalon aka Scarlet Woman aka Scarlet Whore aka Daughter of Fortitude (inspired by Moonchild and The Alchemist)

https://liberbabalon.gydja.com/fortitude.html

Nyarlathotep and King in Yellow and other Lovecraft-inspired characters.

The tombstone in the Live After Death cover art quotes Lovecraft. Also, Lovecraft "reported" that The Alchemist John Dee allegedly translated the Necronomicon, but it was never published and only fragments remain.
    Last edited by druid138; 03-16-2021 at 08:56 PM.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Name:  chdrag.jpg
Views: 3371
Size:  178.8 KB
    I submitted the Chinese Dragon that Eddie X rides (from the 2016 world tour)