Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    Or you wait for them to enter the Heroic rotation and not spend Ironite at all.
    Exactly. Not fun. Give us the ability to fully earn them in these events, as well as the option to buy outright, for those who prefer that and have the funds.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Exactly. Not fun. Give us the ability to fully earn them in these events, as well as the option to buy outright, for those who prefer that and have the funds.
    They've already given us the ability to earn them: Baphomet X. More than enough people these days bragging about the 10s of thousands of Ironite they have. We can't on one hand be all high on ourselves for the Ironite we've racked up while on the other band be complaining about an event requiring lots of Ironite to get a toon. And if you can't get the toon immediately, you'll get it later for zero Ironite through the Heroic souls. This really isn't a problem.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    This really isn't a problem.
    Maybe not for u, but for tons of other folks, yes it is a big problem. I don't mind an occasional pay-only toon, but two in one month? Gimme a break. Is this the way the game is heading? I sure hope not. And at least make the new toons a little more interesting and worthwhile, not just a duplicate in a different class, with a couple lines difference in their abilities. Lazy.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    The only way to get these toons is by spending lots of ironite, unless you're one of the few that pull them by luck. They can't be earned through the event.
    While this is mostly a semantic point, I'd call these characters "Ironite-only" rather than "Pay-only", as you can earn ironite without having to spend real money. I completely agree however that ironite-only characters certainly feel less rewarding than grinding for souls, as you are not getting any of the other farming rewards at the same time. I usually follow Fudjo's suggestion and wait for them to return in a Heroic rotation... although almost every single event dungeon since last November has made me regret passing on Dark Road Eddie :P

Anyway, hope you all managed to get lucky!

For some challenge tips, I'm a big fan of using Van Helsing Eddie for the 3 Power Move task. His Past power move only costs 3 Energy, and gives him another turn. If you also use a Golden Idol, their power move steals enough power for VHE to use his move twice, which is a nice easy 3 power moves on the first turn. Then Caria to help build up Fury, and a third character of your choice to use a Fury attack. Suppose you could use regular Vampire Hunter Eddie, but I like the protection of Van Helsing's passive in case I've underestimated the strength of the enemy team.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    While I'm in no shortage to buy her, it is still concerning to see 2 ironite exclusive toons in a single month considering how many of them had been available for grinding recently. Grinding for them is definitely the best option and would be appreciated as a continuing theme, rather than replacing it with an ironite sink once again.
    Been playing and collecting Eddies since the beginning...and I finally have 'em all!
    Romero's Legion will never die for good