Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Sacrifice April 2021?

I know I could have posted this in the April Events thread rather than making a completely separate thread about just one of the events by itself, but I’m trying to get to the bottom of this and posting this in the other thread limits all of this to only being seen by people who go to thread and happen to see it. So I’m posting it this way just so more eyes will be able to see it.

So can anybody tell me what the deal is for Sacrifice April 21? Is this happening in place of the regular sacrifice event? The reason why I’m sort of confused about this event is because there doesn’t seem to be any event challenges for this like with previous sacrifice events, and not just that but for events in general. And also for the fact that the sacrifice events have always lasted for about a week, and this right here appears to have a month long window of time. So I’m not sure if I’m understanding this event correctly. Is this a replacement of the regular monthly sacrifice events? And are we meant to be performing sacrifices for the duration of the entire month instead of sacrificing for a week like the other sacrifice events?

OS
    iOS
    It’s not an event per say, the currency you get from sacrificing will never expire.

The only thing that makes it like an event is the rotating set of characters each month and the different colours of awakening materials.
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

Member 667 Neighbor of the Beast's Avatar
    OS
    iOS
    As Beddie said, this isn't really an event anymore, it is just a monthly rotation of rewards.

I think it was designed so players did not have to waste souls and character slots (which some players are hitting max limits on) to hang onto fodder for sacrifice. The problem is that you still have events like Book of Souls and Variety which have challenges / rewards based on sacrifices.

In summary:
    * no actual sacrifice events - you can make sacrifices at any time in the month and get currency that counts towards the rewards in the store
    * the characters (2 per month) and material class available in store change every month
    * the sacrifice currency never expires so it will carry forward to future months if it is not used
    * just because you get sacrifice rewards throughout the month, does not mean you do not have to hang on to souls and characters for other events (for example, Book of Souls and Variety events). Look at the month events and plan around them to see if you need to save up souls / sacrifice fodder to use at specific times.
    In-Game: SeventhSon-6934
    Clan: The Fallen (now recruiting new members)

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, that’s the best explanation for it
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    iOS
    I forgot to add that the best rewards (if you want sacrifice currency) are not for the highest tier of sacrifice.

You still get the same rewards in terms of souls, etc (so the higher the sacrifice, the better the drops) but if you are trying to maximise the amount of currency you get from a sacrifice aim tier 5 (grand sacrifice) so you want to get 9k or 18k essence per sacrifice. If you do higher or lower tier sacrifices, then your currency / essence is lower. In fact, you get less currency as rewards for a 20k sacrifice than you get for an 18k sacrifice

OS
    iOS
    I consistently aim for the 18000 without tipping into the next tier. Best way to build up your fragments.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by 667 Neighbor of the Beast View Post
    I forgot to add that the best rewards (if you want sacrifice currency) are not for the highest tier of sacrifice.

You still get the same rewards in terms of souls, etc (so the higher the sacrifice, the better the drops) but if you are trying to maximise the amount of currency you get from a sacrifice aim tier 5 (grand sacrifice) so you want to get 9k or 18k essence per sacrifice. If you do higher or lower tier sacrifices, then your currency / essence is lower. In fact, you get less currency as rewards for a 20k sacrifice than you get for an 18k sacrifice
    Holy shit I had no idea, I have been trying to get more currency and this whole time I’ve been doing mostly exalted and ultimate sacrifices, when this whole time I could have been going for grand and getting more currency, damn. This info helps a lot though so I owe you guys a big thanks.

So is this supposed to be a permanent replacement for what old sacrifice events? Because I’ve been sitting on a ton of stuff since the last sacrifice event waiting for the next one, not even realizing it wasn’t coming. I’m not too mad though because so far I’ve been able to get quite a bit of currency for the sacrifice stuff that has piled up in my inventory in the couple months since the last sacrifice event. I spent a lot of time sacrificing and still have a like a couple dozen untouched mythical souls.

OS
    iOS
    Does anyone know why it works out that way? Why you’d get less currency out of higher tier sacrifices?

OS
    iOS
    This is a permanent replacement for the old sacrifice event.

This is a table of rewards vs sacrifice value. It is a modified version of one posted on the forum just after the sacrifice currency was first introduced so the original credit lies elsewhere.

Name:  sac rewards.png
Views: 1827
Size:  10.0 KB

It shows the best rewards are tier V followed by tier II and then tier VI
    I am guessing that they made it so the best rewards weren't for Unltimate so they make everything more accessible to all players. These are probably the most common sacrifice tiers as well

OS
    Android
    Just to echo what Seventh Son said in an earlier post - it is worth keeping a small hoard of souls to one side for Book of Souls events (especially talisman souls, which don't really figure into Sacrifice discussions but worth noting) and on the expectation that there will be one or two Sacrifice challenges (either individual or clan) in any 'Variety' event. It isn't a dead certainty that there will be but I think the past few Variety events have all had a sacrifice challenge of one form or another (either X Ultimate Sacrifices or X Vortex fills or both).
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.