Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Is there a better spot to farm gold than Lord of the Flies in Night City?

For me the easiest method of gold farming has always been doing auto-replays of the Lord of the Flies mission from Night City on the highest difficulty setting as it’s only a 1 level fight instead of 3 and 5 level fights, and my team takes out Killer Beast very quickly and easily. As I’m sure most people probably already know, the payout ranges from 18k to over 30k, and there’s a lot of 4 star talisman drops that come from it that, when stacked up and sold, get you a pretty nice sized payout of gold. So I typically get a mega-refill of Sands of Time, then set the game to do auto-replays of that level until the SOT runs out. Between the gold that was acquired through running the auto-replays, and the gold I would get from selling the 4 star talismans that dropped in the process, I would usually come out with 1-3 million in gold. Now over the last day or so I’ve been doing auto-replays since I’m very, very low on gold, but for some reason the drops have been so dry, I’m lucky if I’m even able to crack 1 million after 1 or 2 mega-refills. The gold drops have almost all been 18k and anything more has been far and few between. Not only that, but there’s hardly been any 3 star talisman drops. And once again, I am doing this on the highest difficulty, so I know I’m not mistakingly doing easier difficulties.

So does anybody know of any better place to farm gold? I’m not sure what options are the best, there could be one somewhere in the game that drops much more for all I know. I came to find the Lord of the Flies mission as a place to farm gold on my own. I’ve seen people say Night City, but I don’t know if they mean Night City as a whole or just Lord of the Flies. If there is any other good known location for farming gold, let me know.

Member 667 Neighbor of the Beast's Avatar
    OS
    iOS
    Have you tried the Daily / Weekly dungeon keys on Madness? Some people ignore them (I did for months) and don't play at all but they give ironite, sands of time and Precious Souls (amongst other things). It is good for farming ironite and you can get plenty of gold from cashing in the precious souls. The main disadvantage with it is that you only get 3 runs / key so you keep on having to drop a new key and restart
    In-Game: SeventhSon-6934
    Clan: The Fallen (now recruiting new members)

OS
    Android
    I find cosmic dungeons to be quite good. Cashing in the talisman frags after for 5* gold skulls pays well.
    Proud leader of

The EXORCISTS Clan

Daily player since the beginning.

Game ID: Smudge-4480

OS
    Android
    When I first started playing, a lot of people would farm powerslave madness, or Amolad. Powerslave only cost 4 sands of time per run. This may still be a good option for a lot of players, but the information might need to be updated for higher level players.

OS
    Android
    In my experience Lord of the Flies is great if you're only chasing gold but if you want to level toons, gain gold, and gain ironite Powerslave is still the best location.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Talisman souls for the gold idol and Clan souls. I had one clan mythical soul reward me with 25 million! Join a SSS ranked clan ASAP for the games top rewards. No where else in the game comes close.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Talisman souls for the gold idol and Clan souls. I had one clan mythical soul reward me with 25 million! Join a SSS ranked clan ASAP for the games top rewards. No where else in the game comes close.
    They've greatly nerfed all the clan rewards from souls/raids since last fall, so I don't get nearly as much ironite, gold, clan god frags, etc as I used to, much less frequent drops. Careful opening those mythicals, as quite often now I lose way more gold than I gain from them, and costs 5mil gold just to open one of them, it gets expensive in a hurry. I get more gold from epic and legendary clan souls these days.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    They've greatly nerfed all the clan rewards from souls/raids since last fall, so I don't get nearly as much ironite, gold, clan god frags, etc as I used to, much less frequent drops. Careful opening those mythicals, as quite often now I lose way more gold than I gain from them, and costs 5mil gold just to open one of them, it gets expensive in a hurry. I get more gold from epic and legendary clan souls these days.
    One of the biggest nerfs was adding the alchemy frags to the mythical clan god souls. They seem to drop all the time and they have such little value. It'd take the sting off if they offered more useful things in the sacrifice rewards shop to use them on.
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

OS
    iOS
    I don’t hardly get tribute frags anymore in baph 10 battles

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    The Legendary often drops the 5m Gold for the cost of the Mythical. Either that or the amount of Talis frags from the chain of lesser Clan souls usually covers the cost of the Mythical and the Mythical often drops enough Talis frags to redeem just under 4m (less opening costs)...