Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear Devs

OS
    iOS

Dear Devs

I would like to kick the following Troopers from my roster…

Tomahawk-0000
    Deathcleft-0000
    Captain-0000

These guys are clearly the worst players ever. They’ve been level 85 going on five years. Obviously they never log on and I can’t abide such slackers on my team. I’d kick them myself, but they snuck in apparently with the help of your employees.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    Ditto to that

OS
    Android
    I recognize the joke, and I laughed, but just in case it's not clear, you actually get 53 troopers: 50 you pick, and those 3. So, if you get rid of them, you're actually costing yourself 75 trooper coins a day.

What I'd really like is something to spend my amassed trooper coins on. I just buy cyborg frags every week for the Christmas "cyborg bespokes for cyborg frags," but that's not putting a dent in my coins. It'd be great if we occasionally got new characters to buy from the trooper store.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    I recognize the joke, and I laughed, but just in case it's not clear, you actually get 53 troopers: 50 you pick, and those 3. So, if you get rid of them, you're actually costing yourself 75 trooper coins a day.

What I'd really like is something to spend my amassed trooper coins on. I just buy cyborg frags every week for the Christmas "cyborg bespokes for cyborg frags," but that's not putting a dent in my coins. It'd be great if we occasionally got new characters to buy from the trooper store.
    Yeah, it was purely a joke. But like you mentioned, there’s nothing worth spending the damn badges on. I’ve said many times it would be nice if they’d upgrade the stores to make them relevant once again according to the current status of the game.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    I think that some of the things I've liked the most in this game have been the ones I had to work at over time. The first of those was early on when I really wanted Raven Witch (she's got style) and saved up for months to get enough coins for her. Then there was Baph, which was 3 months of work. And the best was OG Dark Lilith, where I did one LoL every month (coinciding with the LoL event) for 5 months. (I guess I could count Lucifer too, but I kind of think of him as a 1 month thing after getting his sister.)

Where I'm going with this is that giving me something worthwhile to work for that takes a long time to get, is fun for me (and people like me). And it also keeps us engaged with the game.

So, for people like me at least, putting something new in the Trooper store that will take a long time to acquire is a win. Since you control how many fragments we can buy per month and how many fragments the character costs, you have the ability to arbitrarily make them take a long time.

For instance, consider the Eddie we can get with achievements in Arcade Armageddon. I find that dungeon to be really frustrating. Imagine if I could supplement my fragments from the dungeon with trooper store fragments that I can only get a small number of each month. If I want him NOW, I grind the dungeon. If I'm willing to be patient, I use the trooper store. And mixtures in between.

Or, consider all of these get 10 souls out of the 75 you need. What if, a few months later, you started selling 30 fragments per week in the Trooper store for each of those characters? Now we're looking at 5 months to get the remaining 650 fragments. But if I KNOW I'm going to be able to get enough eventually, maybe I'll spend some ironite during the event to get myself closer. Decisions like that are fun. I wouldn't spend Ironite on 65 souls, so I won't spend any ironite in the event. But, if I know I'm going to be able to buy compatible fragments in the trooper store, I may spend 1000 ironite now. Etc.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    Imagine all the 750 frag-cost event guys that we could eventually obtain with a 10:1 conversion or even 100:1 conversion of Trooper Badges...

OS
    Android
    I would love to be able to level these guys to level 100.

OS
    Android
    I booted all my troopers except for a few clanmates. I will re-add everyone if the trooper store ever gets a rework

OS
    Android
    Frankly, I like those troopers better than some of my human troopers. They never suddenly switch to an ally that I have to work around.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    Yeah, it was purely a joke. But like you mentioned, there’s nothing worth spending the damn badges on. I’ve said many times it would be nice if they’d upgrade the stores to make them relevant once again according to the current status of the game.
    But still, you can buy skill shards and FC...
    +++++++++++++++
    osarbu-0345

The EXORCISTS Clan

+++ Currently accepting NEW members +++

Proud former clan member of EyeOfHorus (inactive clan)

Playing LotB for 3 years