Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Dear Devs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member Saigrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    400

    Dear Devs

    I would like to kick the following Troopers from my roster…

    Tomahawk-0000
    Deathcleft-0000
    Captain-0000

    These guys are clearly the worst players ever. They’ve been level 85 going on five years. Obviously they never log on and I can’t abide such slackers on my team. I’d kick them myself, but they snuck in apparently with the help of your employees.
    Saigrim-3244

    Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

  2. #2
    Senior Member HuckFinn150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    936
    Ditto to that

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tsuketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    254
    I recognize the joke, and I laughed, but just in case it's not clear, you actually get 53 troopers: 50 you pick, and those 3. So, if you get rid of them, you're actually costing yourself 75 trooper coins a day.

    What I'd really like is something to spend my amassed trooper coins on. I just buy cyborg frags every week for the Christmas "cyborg bespokes for cyborg frags," but that's not putting a dent in my coins. It'd be great if we occasionally got new characters to buy from the trooper store.
    Tsuketa-6474

    Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

  4. #4
    Senior Member Saigrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kansas
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    I recognize the joke, and I laughed, but just in case it's not clear, you actually get 53 troopers: 50 you pick, and those 3. So, if you get rid of them, you're actually costing yourself 75 trooper coins a day.

    What I'd really like is something to spend my amassed trooper coins on. I just buy cyborg frags every week for the Christmas "cyborg bespokes for cyborg frags," but that's not putting a dent in my coins. It'd be great if we occasionally got new characters to buy from the trooper store.
    Yeah, it was purely a joke. But like you mentioned, there’s nothing worth spending the damn badges on. I’ve said many times it would be nice if they’d upgrade the stores to make them relevant once again according to the current status of the game.
    Saigrim-3244

    Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

  5. #5
    Junior Member osarbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    Yeah, it was purely a joke. But like you mentioned, there’s nothing worth spending the damn badges on. I’ve said many times it would be nice if they’d upgrade the stores to make them relevant once again according to the current status of the game.
    But still, you can buy skill shards and FC...
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    osarbu-0345

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tsuketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by osarbu View Post
    But still, you can buy skill shards and FC...
    I have so many skill shards that I've literally started sharding up the characters I sacrifice just to get rid of them... The FC call out is a good one though. I had forgotten about that. Thanks!
    Tsuketa-6474

    Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

  7. #7
    Junior Member osarbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    I have so many skill shards that I've literally started sharding up the characters I sacrifice just to get rid of them... The FC call out is a good one though. I had forgotten about that. Thanks!
    Happy if it helped! \m/
    BTW, I would love to have your skill shards overflow problem. As a newbie I can't imagine having enough of them...
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    osarbu-0345

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nifelheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    I have so many skill shards that I've literally started sharding up the characters I sacrifice just to get rid of them... The FC call out is a good one though. I had forgotten about that. Thanks!
    Sacing shards are good for ultimate achievements during sac/variety events. Even better you can trade skill shards for talisman red gold frags in store:more:main:fragments

  9. #9
    Senior Member Tsuketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    254
    I think that some of the things I've liked the most in this game have been the ones I had to work at over time. The first of those was early on when I really wanted Raven Witch (she's got style) and saved up for months to get enough coins for her. Then there was Baph, which was 3 months of work. And the best was OG Dark Lilith, where I did one LoL every month (coinciding with the LoL event) for 5 months. (I guess I could count Lucifer too, but I kind of think of him as a 1 month thing after getting his sister.)

    Where I'm going with this is that giving me something worthwhile to work for that takes a long time to get, is fun for me (and people like me). And it also keeps us engaged with the game.

    So, for people like me at least, putting something new in the Trooper store that will take a long time to acquire is a win. Since you control how many fragments we can buy per month and how many fragments the character costs, you have the ability to arbitrarily make them take a long time.

    For instance, consider the Eddie we can get with achievements in Arcade Armageddon. I find that dungeon to be really frustrating. Imagine if I could supplement my fragments from the dungeon with trooper store fragments that I can only get a small number of each month. If I want him NOW, I grind the dungeon. If I'm willing to be patient, I use the trooper store. And mixtures in between.

    Or, consider all of these get 10 souls out of the 75 you need. What if, a few months later, you started selling 30 fragments per week in the Trooper store for each of those characters? Now we're looking at 5 months to get the remaining 650 fragments. But if I KNOW I'm going to be able to get enough eventually, maybe I'll spend some ironite during the event to get myself closer. Decisions like that are fun. I wouldn't spend Ironite on 65 souls, so I won't spend any ironite in the event. But, if I know I'm going to be able to buy compatible fragments in the trooper store, I may spend 1000 ironite now. Etc.
    Tsuketa-6474

    Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

  10. #10
    Junior Member osarbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    I think that some of the things I've liked the most in this game have been the ones I had to work at over time. The first of those was early on when I really wanted Raven Witch (she's got style) and saved up for months to get enough coins for her. Then there was Baph, which was 3 months of work. And the best was OG Dark Lilith, where I did one LoL every month (coinciding with the LoL event) for 5 months. (I guess I could count Lucifer too, but I kind of think of him as a 1 month thing after getting his sister.)

    Where I'm going with this is that giving me something worthwhile to work for that takes a long time to get, is fun for me (and people like me). And it also keeps us engaged with the game.

    So, for people like me at least, putting something new in the Trooper store that will take a long time to acquire is a win. Since you control how many fragments we can buy per month and how many fragments the character costs, you have the ability to arbitrarily make them take a long time.

    For instance, consider the Eddie we can get with achievements in Arcade Armageddon. I find that dungeon to be really frustrating. Imagine if I could supplement my fragments from the dungeon with trooper store fragments that I can only get a small number of each month. If I want him NOW, I grind the dungeon. If I'm willing to be patient, I use the trooper store. And mixtures in between.

    Or, consider all of these get 10 souls out of the 75 you need. What if, a few months later, you started selling 30 fragments per week in the Trooper store for each of those characters? Now we're looking at 5 months to get the remaining 650 fragments. But if I KNOW I'm going to be able to get enough eventually, maybe I'll spend some ironite during the event to get myself closer. Decisions like that are fun. I wouldn't spend Ironite on 65 souls, so I won't spend any ironite in the event. But, if I know I'm going to be able to buy compatible fragments in the trooper store, I may spend 1000 ironite now. Etc.
    That would be a great idea!
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    osarbu-0345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •