OS
    Android

Heroic rotation devaluing events

I don't know about anyone else but 99% of event toons now seem pointless because they are getting brought into heroic rotation about 6-8weeks after they were either a monthly toon or a event grind that cost buckets of ironite heroics are a great thing but they make chasing event toons kinda pointless

OS
    iOS
    Undoubtedly true yes 😔
    - I(’ve been) play(ing) all troopers every day since the beginning! -

- Clan-Leader of Caesar's Legion -

- Leader of Caesar's Empire (consisting of Caesar's Legion, Ludus Caesarus, Caesar Inc. and Caesarus Obscurus) -

- Honorary Member of The EXORCISTS Clan -

- Admin of S.H.I.E.L.D. -

- in-game ID: caesar815-0315 -
    \m/ \m/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar815 View Post
    Undoubtedly true yes 😔
    it wouldn't be so bad if they at least left a bigger time gap

OS
    Android
    They need to have a way for newer players who joined the game after a character was exclusively available in an event to catch up and have an opportunity to get what are sometimes the key characters in the current meta but, I agree; it ought to be a long enough time that those who spent resources to get them the first time round don't feel cheated. As a benchmark, I thought the gap for Dark Road Eddie was about right between release and the second attempt in the anniversary event - the fact he was then in the Heroic rotation shortly afterwards was fine I think. However, I thought the gap for the Christmas characters felt too short, especially for Advent Lilith and Holibeast. Cosmic Cyborg was maybe just about long enough but that felt a little short too...

I think it isn't just true for people who successfully got characters the first time round; I spent a lot of resources trying to get Holibeast at Christmas but didn't manage; while it was then nice to have an opportunity at Easter it made me feel even more that I wasted the Ironite I threw at my unsuccessful attempt just a few months previously.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    DALi and Hollibeast are a different story because not only were they chance only toons, I have a strong suspicion (I trust my math 1000000x more than platitudes from now former employees) that at least DALi's souls were weighted much worse than the book of souls phrasing would suggest and because so many were either mentally burnt out or ironite drained after her, almost nobody went for Hollibeast

Even if they were fair drops, chance only toons should come back faster than guaranteed toons. The easier to get in the event the longer the wait for them to come back is my point of view.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    DALi and Hollibeast are a different story because not only were they chance only toons, I have a strong suspicion (I trust my math 1000000x more than platitudes from now former employees) that at least DALi's souls were weighted much worse than the book of souls phrasing would suggest and because so many were either mentally burnt out or ironite drained after her, almost nobody went for Hollibeast

Even if they were fair drops, chance only toons should come back faster than guaranteed toons. The easier to get in the event the longer the wait for them to come back is my point of view.
    I agree completely with this a good example of this is infinite dreams ed he came back way too soon for a monthly exclusive chance only toons don't seem to be happening anymore I think the devs learned they weren't popular banner souls have been relegated to a dark corner of the store but in my opinion a small update to the banner souls style would provide a great way to bring some toons out occasionally

The thing is the Xmas characters didn’t come back as heroic souls but sacrifice store which at 50k frags each not cheap or easy. These heroic souls coming back are 4* and probably not meant to to as rare. Either way I’m not complaining. I didn’t get DAL or holibeast either time and hope they come back sooner than later.

OS
    Android
    I don’t have a problem with the characters becoming available so soon after an event, because not everyone would have nessesarilly had the available resources, or time to grind out a character. Newer players may not have hundreds of badges, ironies, or frontier coins. In addition, lots of us also have jobs, so a second opportunity is welcome. That said, ther should be an event or long term way to acquire missing characters. We need them introduced into the in game currency stores more often, especially after they’ve been in heroics once or twice. Anyone else sitting over 50k iron coins or frontier coins?

OS
    Android
    Agreed and I put that in the recent survey as well. Way too many characters disappear into a void of Heroic soul nothingness, where they might pop up a month or two after the event and then disappear for a year or more. More ways to purchase these characters after a reasonable time should be introduced, and more of them should filter into normal souls over time. I left the game for a while (little over a year) and came back to exactly one new character being added to the regular souls. That shouldn't happen.
    I think there should be a reasonable time (couple months) where the people that earned the character in the event get to have their special exclusive prize, but then after that it should become hella more available. There's no reason to arbitrarily choose some characters to be uber exclusive, and lately it's almost every character.

On a side note, I also feel there ought to be a bespoke tab in one of the stores by now... there are enough different ones, and a couple have only ever come up once.
    Iron Maiden's gonna get you, no matter how far!

OS
    iOS
    I mean, I don't see a problem with this. That just means that you can get them later and not have to waste ironite on an event. You still get a bit before the character returns; look at Iron Mask Ed. Hasn't come back yet and is an extremely powerful toon in the current meta when used right.

I think that it's better that it comes in heroic souls rather than paid packs like False Gods Eddie or in banner packs where the chances are astronomically low.