Here it is again:

My name is ladyofshadow-6319 level 63 ,Daily Player
    Pharaoh Dog King level 100 and Eddie * 5 level 88
    I need active troopers
    Add me
    PD: I delete inactive troopers

My Champions...
    Hi, Lady

There you go - you have first points from me... Welcome at the forum and have fun!

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Hey everyone,

I got 5 places for daily troopers open. If anybody wants a maxed Cyborg Eddie as a trooper and idealy has an Eddie as Champion, feel free to add me.

TiHa-9650
    TiHa-9650

Senior Member Ladyofshadow-6319's Avatar
    OS
    Android

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GotN View Post
    One tip to your PDK: you have to focus on magic with your talisman, increasing attack is nearly useless for him. Always look at the skills of a char to see what causes most damage. On magus chars it's mostly magic of course, but can be different. You can find many helpful things in the beginners tutorial. Good luck and have fun! \m/
    Thank you, what talismans should I use for my PDK?
    about the attack talisman, I only added it because I have noticed that his attack is weak

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyofshadow-6319 View Post
    about the attack talisman, I only added it because I have noticed that his attack is weak
    For your PDK and for all characters, study their specific moves to determine this.

>>> PDK "Pharaoh's Curse" - Deals MAGIC damage to a single target. So for this, your ATK stat means nothing, you want to put on talismans that boost his magic. Basically any Blue talismans will work here, and make sure you're pairing them up to get the passive bonuses.

You've got 3 types of damage - Magic, Physical, and True damage.

Magic damage is increased by your Magic stat. Physical is increased by your ATK stat. True damage is increased by both, and from what I can tell, is more powerful the more even those two stats are (meaning 1800 in ATK and 250 in MAGIC seems to do less damage than something like 1000 in each).

When you get a little deeper, you'll see that your Health talismans increase your HP, do some type of defense (DEF is your defense against ATK, and MR is your magic resistance against MAGIC). And then there's one stat left usually, which will increase your ATK or Magic. So you'll ideally want to put health talismans on your PDK that increase his Magic, as any ATK would be a waste. Defense + MR are always good.

If you don't have the talismans you want, you can farm them (most of them) on levels.

Happy hunting! \m/
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    Android
    PDK (Pharaoh Dog King for those who didn't figure it out, took me a good 5 mins), deals magic damages. The attack stat does (very close to - see note at the end) nothing for him.

Unless the skill states otherwise:
    Physical damage scales with attack only.
    Magic damage scales with magic only.
    Pure damage scales with both, often better with one of the two depending on character.

----

To my troopers: I decided to feature a different champion on Friday and Saturday (no LoL), do send me a PM if it bothers any of you and I'll switch back.

----

Note: Some characters do more damage the lower/higher a target stat is... For instance increasing attack on PDK also increases damage it takes from Corrupt General.
    RETIRED - Lulero-2041 - Cyborg Ed.
    "Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time" - B. Russel

Toons I maxed after Cyborg, chronologically ordered:
    Allied Bomber Boy, Pyro Soldier, Corrupt Rescuer, The Nomad, Wrath
    Run to the Hill Ed., Grim Reaper Ed., Angel of Fear, Soulless Demon
    Desert Marauder, Undead Rescuer, Pharaoh Dog, Death Dog
    Corrupt General

OS
    Android
    Lady

That's true, yet since your doggie is a MAGUS character he's not dealing much with physical damage (ATK), but magic (MAGIC) stat...
    Since you asking for an advice: If I were you I would drop the sorcery talismans, and change them for those giving some HP (HP means HitPoints = life of your character) It's always to have more HP than less...

Your dogie has high MR (Magic Resist) stats so why not try to build something around it? For example try with 2 Ivory Power talis to get MR+15% and then you could be using 2 Paladin's Arcane to have MAGIC+20% of MR... The remain 2 slots I would fill with 2 Health Talis (Ward) to get +15% HP and gain some MAGIC and MR too...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    For your PDK and for all characters, study their specific moves to determine this.

>>> PDK "Pharaoh's Curse" - Deals MAGIC damage to a single target. So for this, your ATK stat means nothing, you want to put on talismans that boost his magic. Basically any Blue talismans will work here, and make sure you're pairing them up to get the passive bonuses.

You've got 3 types of damage - Magic, Physical, and True damage.

Magic damage is increased by your Magic stat. Physical is increased by your ATK stat. True damage is increased by both, and from what I can tell, is more powerful the more even those two stats are (meaning 1800 in ATK and 250 in MAGIC seems to do less damage than something like 1000 in each).

When you get a little deeper, you'll see that your Health talismans increase your HP, do some type of defense (DEF is your defense against ATK, and MR is your magic resistance against MAGIC). And then there's one stat left usually, which will increase your ATK or Magic. So you'll ideally want to put health talismans on your PDK that increase his Magic, as any ATK would be a waste. Defense + MR are always good.

If you don't have the talismans you want, you can farm them (most of them) on levels.

Happy hunting! \m/
    Mariner, Thanks for your detailed explanation, it helped me a lot.
    I will remove attack talismans, as PDK does not cause physical damage according to what I read in his skills, I will replace them with MR and Defense Talismans
    I have several talismans, I will see if I find one suitable for my character, I want to increase its magic damage

OS
    Android
    Mariner, Thanks for your detailed explanation, it helped me a lot.
    I will remove attack talismans, as PDK does not cause physical damage according to what I read in his skills, I will replace them with MR and Defense Talismans
    I have several talismans, I will see if I find one suitable for my character, I want to increase its magic damage
    Sounds good, but real quick on this - there are some talismans that don't have HP at all - those are garbage. The "Sorcery" subset is an example of this bad talisman type. HP is critical in this game, and talismans that don't boost some HP are a waste IMO. Maybe someone else can chime in with a reason to keep those, but I always upgrade them to 2 and then go sell them. (I upgrade them to 2 so I know which to sell, and don't accidentally sell the good ones with HP).

So it sounds good on the MR and Defense buildup, but your best bet would probably be a couple Holy (Power or Arcane) talismans, which will boost your HP, your DEF & MR, and most importantly boost your Magic stat (plus 15% bonus when you equip with 2).

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Lady

That's true, yet since your doggie is a MAGUS character he's not dealing much with physical damage (ATK), but magic (MAGIC) stat...
    Since you asking for an advice: If I were you I would drop the sorcery talismans, and change them for those giving some HP (HP means HitPoints = life of your character) It's always to have more HP than less...

Your dogie has high MR (Magic Resist) stats so why not try to build something around it? For example try with 2 Ivory Power talis to get MR+15% and then you could be using 2 Paladin's Arcane to have MAGIC+20% of MR... The remain 2 slots I would fill with 2 Health Talis (Ward) to get +15% HP and gain some MAGIC and MR too...

Cheers,

W
    Everything Witkacy said here is spot on, didn't see this before my last response.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Witkacy View Post
    Lady

Cheers,

W

Witkacy
    I will do as you say, I will increase the health and MR of my character
    I thank you for the advice on the talismans I should use because I use PDK to fight in PvP, and I need it strong
    PS: I noticed that my character should cause more magical damage