Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

The Shade of War (Dungeon) - Exclusive Chance at 5★ Senjutsu Eddie

Name:  TheShadeofWarEvent-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 1817
Size:  454.4 KB
    Slicing through the wicked and corrupt, Senjutsu Eddie stands as a warrior against tyranny. Working well alongside those who follow the Bushido Code, this Eddie will quickly make work of weaker enemies while having the ability to grant a Bushido Code to those of pure spirit. With his fury, players will find Senjutsu Eddie a difficult warrior to fell.

Get full character details in the Compendium!

From now until September 12th, 5 PM PT, battle through 4 difficulty settings in the Shade of War dungeon for awesome rewards and an exciting new storyline! Bonus: Receive a FREE Samurai Eddie the first time you complete The Shade of War dungeon on 'Normal'.

Follow Senjutsu Eddie and Mitsuko, Cosmic Shinobi into battle! These 2 characters will be permanent companions anytime you battle on ‘Normal’ difficulty, leaving you 2 character slots to bring the allies of your choice.

The first time you complete Normal, Hard or Madness, you will earn set rewards including:

Strategic Souls
    Aquarius Talismans (Shield Subtype)

Your first Insanity run will grant T3 2★ Cosmic Evo Runes and Talisman Epic Soul Fragments.

All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide:

Tactician Plans
    Dungeon Fragments
    A chance of up to 2 bonus rewards, including: Viper Talismans (Safeguard Subtype).

Tactician Plans can be traded in store for Strategic Souls in bundles of 1, 3 and 10, Cosmic Mongol Talismans, and Senjutsu Eddie himself.

Note: At the end of this event, any unspent Currency will be automatically converted into Dungeon Soul Fragments at a 10% rate.

Completing Event Challenges will grant various other rewards, including more Tactician Plans, Magus Souls, new Courage Talismans (Safeguard Subtype) and Heavenly Currency!

Courage Talismans are red talismans with a 5-set effect. Equipping this set will do the following:

Reduce damage by 60%. Whenever an ally deals damage to an enemy, if that enemy is above 50% HP, grant Guard Shield and Sacrifice for 1 turn to that ally. Whenever another ally dies, gain Perfect Revenge and Echo for 3 turns. Remove Fear, Exhaust, Stop and Seal from each ally after every action. For each ally affected in this way, permanently increase their ATK, MAGIC, DEF and MR by 200% for 1 turn and have them deal a hit of true damage to a random enemy.

Strategic Soul Details!

The Strategic Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class and a 2x chance of summoning 5★ non-highlight characters. This soul has an increased chance of summoning Shinobi and Inugami characters, and has an exclusive chance of summoning 5★ Assassin Senjutsu Eddie.

Each Strategic Soul summoned will also grant the following bonus rewards:
    10 Senjutsu Eddie Soul Fragments
    10 Shinobi Soul Fragments
    10 Mythical Soul Fragments
    20 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments

1000 Senjutsu Eddie Fragments guarantees 1 5★ Assassin Senjutsu Eddie.

350 Shinobi Soul Fragments guarantees any class of 4★ Shinobi or a 5★ Cosmic Shinobi!

400 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments guarantees a Tier 1 to Tier 3 Gold or Red Cosmic Talisman and 1★ Gold Idol.

Note: All Event Souls in the month of September will contain Shinobi Soul Fragments. Free Souls from each event will guarantee at least 1 Shinobi for your collection. Don’t convert your fragments until the end of the month so you can take full advantage of this opportunity!

Heavenly Currency is the event currency of our Divine Origins event running from September to the end of November.

Trade your Heavenly Currency in the Event Store for rare rewards including Amaterasu, Zodiac Talismans and more!

You can learn more about this featured event in the Divine Origins event post here!

Event Store Additions:
    • Celebrate the release of Senjutsu and snag a FREE pack in-store! We wanted to mark the release of Iron Maiden’s 17th Studio album with a gift to the player base. This pack includes an Assassin Legendary Soul, Space Time Amulets, Ironite, Sands of Blood and more!
    • Pick up the Honorable Stance Pack and Awaken Senjutsu Eddie! This bundle contains Assassin Awakening Shards, Gold, Ironite, Frontier Coins, 3 Shinobi Awakening Shards and 3 Warrior’s Bones Awakening Shards! It also contains a Cosmic Patience Talisman (see Talisman details in the Compendium!)!
    • Use your extra Tactician Plans to trade for Cosmic Prudence Talismans, Heroic Legendary Souls and more!
    • Get full sets of Courage Talismans and Aquarius Talismans, along with Sands of War, Ironite and some Gold!
    • Trade in Ironite to pick up Courage, Aquarius and Viper Talisman Finisher Packs
    • Grab an additional boost of Currency to trade for more items in the Event Store. This pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!
    • Grab our Assassin Power Up Pack! This pack provides Ironite, a bit of gold, and Assassin evolution materials!

Dungeon Fragment Details:

Dungeon Fragments will drop in event Dungeons. Use Dungeon Fragments to purchase items found within the Event Store Tab. You can continue collecting and building your stockpiles of Dungeon Fragments with each Dungeon event.

Please note that the items available for Dungeon Fragments disappear between dungeon events. They will reappear again with the same items available the next time a dungeon event is held.

Since these Fragments are meant to be spent in store, they cannot be converted to Precious Soul Fragments and will ‘loop’ if you claim a Dungeon Soul (if claimed, a Dungeon Soul will simply produce 1000 Dungeon Fragments, and 1 1★ Gold Idol, thus returning the fragments used to create it, and the Gold spent to summon it).

OS
    iOS
    Is the replacement of Senjustu Ed's skills with some of Eternity Ed's skills when awakened done intentionally? A few of his skills are overwritten and it seems odd.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEly View Post
    Is the replacement of Senjustu Ed's skills with some of Eternity Ed's skills when awakened done intentionally? A few of his skills are overwritten and it seems odd.
    This is a known bug, it will be fixed for the next release

OS
    Android
    I love this event!!!
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Anyone with connection error? Since this night, the loadingscreen takes hours

OS
    iOS
    yep cant do a damn thing, cant run the dungeon at all constant connection errors
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan

OS
    Android
    What a cool dungeon, a lovely environment filled with new characters. I rather like seeing them all at the start of the month like this, helps build anticipation for when we'll be able to play with them ourselves. Can't wait to get hold of the new Patience cosmic, and some of those new characters. As much as I love this front-loaded approach, I'm glad this is a 10-Day dungeon though, as Senjutsu Eddie is going to take plenty of runs to acquire.

And seeing Eddie try to speak Japanese in the story was an absolute joy!

The Sentinel-only Madness challenge was giving me a whole lot of trouble, as the combination of Borte's taunt and Oni Mongol's dark-ghost-when-attacked often meant I started the fight with one of my characters dead. If you're fortunate enough to own a set of Brave talismans, they will protect your whole team from Dark Ghost. Certainly easier than giving everyone Serenity...

Name:  September2021-TheShadeOfWar.png
Views: 1477
Size:  87.7 KB

Insanity looks rather difficult, because it is. The enemies work well together, and there are some tricky talismans to deal with, and a little bit of randomness. I've spent a bit of time in the dungeon now, and have a couple pieces of advice I can share. It is quite a difficult dungeon, but there are ways to make it manageable.

In addition to the usual Blockers and Revenge problems (usually countered with Paranoia and Sinister Solstice bespokes), there are two new puzzles here. Samurai Ed's instant kill fury in Wave 3, and Senjutsu Ed's Patience cosmic in Wave 5. For Samurai Ed, some form of innate silence or reliable fury drain is required. Moonchild and the red Christmas Ghost both have anti-fury passives, and you can also inflict it using the Aquarius talisman's ascended on-kill effect. I've used both of them without any trouble, but Moonchild is probably the safer method. I haven't tested any fury draining methods, but some of the Cyborg Ed character's fury attacks might work? As for the Patience cosmic, you actually *want* to trigger its Wrathful/Ragnarok disabling effect, or else it makes the whole enemy team completely invulnerable, giving Senjutsu Ed enough time to ruin your day. When first looking at this dungeon, I had assumed using those talismans would be a detriment, but it appears they're even more useful than usual.

I'd played around with a few different teams, mostly just throwing my small collection of max awakened characters at the problem to see what worked, but there was always some sort of problem. The weakest link was always my Warrior Odin with Ragnarok being killed in the first wave. Even giving him a Rot cosmic didn't keep him safe, as he was still vulnerable to Dark Ghost. I believe this was due to the Magus Oni's passive. You now who isn't vulnerable to Dark Ghost? Moonchild. After a frustrating amount of defeats (feels sooo good to load up 1200 SoT to run overnight, only to wake up and discover you had a defeat on literally the very first run), I shuffled things around and settled on this team, which has so far not had a single defeat:

Dark Roads Eddie - Apocalypse/Bespoke (Apoc is another way to remove beneficial effects, and makes up for not having Ragnaroks on the team.)
    Cosmic Baphomet MAX - Wrathful/T3Compassion (Wrathful is excellent on Baphomet for the revenge effect, and counters the Patience in the final wave. The Compassion T3 disables Oni passives, which I think includes the two new Oni ally characters.)
    Dark Advent Lilith MAX - Capricorn/Pisces/Bespoke (Pisces inflicts marks, which are always helpful, especially against Valor talismans. The bespoke prevents counter attacks. She is probably the most easily replaced character on the team, as she is the only one vulnerable to Dark Ghost)
    Moonchild MAX - Riposte/Bespoke (His passive prevents enemy power and fury attacks, and the Riposte can help with our own survivability.)

I know other people have had good results using Cosmic Lilith and her bespoke, as well as the Assassin Baphomet, but I don't have either of those. I'm sure there are plenty of other team combinations which can handle this dungeon, as long as you're able to include a counter to each of the major puzzles. Best of luck finding a team that works for you!

Name:  Shade of War Insanity - Smaller.png
Views: 1548
Size:  747.9 KB
    Last edited by Azagthor; 09-05-2021 at 07:45 AM.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Magus only Insanity team (works on auto so far but only trying it for the 8 run challenge):

Grim Reaper Eddie (Bespoke, Celestial)
    Cosmic Lilith (Bespoke, Envious)
    Lady Azov (Cosmic Crimean Imperial, Wrathful)
    Cosmic Odin (Aesir, Ragnorak)

All Max Awakened, run times around 2-3 minutes. Dark Ghosts occasionally happen but the team seems to complete each wave before the counters hit zero...
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    I am so glad to see Senjutsu Eddie in his full glory in this dungeon. It really sucks then that this is the most inconsistent dungeon we have seen in a while with clears.

First off, the first wave of insanity has a gunner Shinobi with Wrathful and Archer talismans. These talismans are not usually equitable on her, so it's already crap on the first wave.
    The third wave features max Awakened Samurai Ed who can just end your run randomly because of his fury. Could we stop having instant kills in dungeons?
    Finally, the fifth wave is so completely inconsistent and dumb that I have to think it is bugged. Sometimes, the enemy team refuses to take damage. It's not made clear as to why this is. Second, Senjutsu Eddie's fury makes him unkillable unless RNG is in your favor. My runs have taken anywhere between 1 to 4 minutes because of Senjutsu Eddie refusing to die. That isn't fun, guys.

The other difficulty levels aren't as bad, mind you, but still. Insanity should be tough, but not horseshit. Even with the best characters, the entire thing is still dreadfully hard. I'm not fully certain what teams the devs used to clear the dungeon, but there are so many things to counter that I can't imagine what it would be.

OS
    Android
    Hey Grimdusk and other players, which teams do you use for farming madness? I just finished unsanft for rewards but i think madness is the best way to farm. I use Horus, GrimR, bapho and darklilith. With besseres, nifelheim, light and trumpettalis. They doing well.