Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Doing the math on this... the dungeon only drops around 16-24 records a run, and given the cost of 20-24 sands to do each run, and the recharge time for sands, how is it possible to collect 15000 mariachi records in only 7 days? Or am I missing something? Seems like you need more sands per day than the timer will recharge.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by TarmRyker View Post
    Doing the math on this... the dungeon only drops around 16-24 records a run, and given the cost of 20-24 sands to do each run, and the recharge time for sands, how is it possible to collect 15000 mariachi records in only 7 days? Or am I missing something? Seems like you need more sands per day than the timer will recharge.
    You have to buy sands for Ironite if you want to complete the dungeon enough times to guarantee the Eddie - that's how these events usually work.

If you're a newer player and don't have several thousand Ironite to spend on Sands of Time then you have to get lucky with whatever souls you can get... If you have the resources, you can buy 600 sands for 150 ironite as a mega refill (see the Resources tab in store) and you usually end up getting between 25 and 30 runs per mega refill (you do get the odd sand back as a reward for completing the dungeon, so it costs maybe 20-22 sands per Insanity run when averaged over time). To guarantee the Eddie from opening 75 souls you need to grind the level enough to purchase 69 souls as you get 6 'free' from event challenges, so that is 13,600 Mariachi Records (which is cheaper than trying to buy him outright for 15k). At 24 records per run on insanity level, this is 567 runs or around 18 mega refills, costing 2.8k ironite. In reality you'd need slightly less runs as you get some records from event challenges every 75 runs, but usually you end up spending around 2,500 ironite if you want to guarantee the character - if you run Madness or lower levels then the cost goes up as you get less records back per sand of time. Of course, you could get lucky and have him drop just from the 6 souls you get for event challenges, but that is a rare occurrence.

Don't worry if you can't get it this time - these exclusive characters usually end up in the rotation for Heroic Souls or Sacrifice Currency within a few months. Just do what you can and enjoy the game
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    I like this event.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    On Insanity and Madness, the Day of the Dead Eddie seems to sometimes get down to 1 HP and then staunchly refuses to die with no beneficial abilities & multiple detrimental abilities. I've watched it go for 10 minutes without dying before I chose to Exit (the game is obviously running on Auto). Choosing Exit at this point then takes a minute to "think" about the clean up. This is the type of thing that the game should be automatically reporting back to the developers: a stalemate situation which is likely the result of a bug in the battle assessment.

Right after posting the above it happened again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWoB-5hf5E
    Last edited by Barthax; 11-18-2021 at 12:33 PM.

OS
    Android
    I've had that happen to me as well, Barthax. I went 1800 sand without a defeat, then 4 defeats on the next 1800 sand. The last one I watched and he was in that state. I assume if I left it long enough he would have eventually whittled my team down and killed them. "Long enough" is greater than 10 minutes, though, because I let it sit for that long this time.

I added High Virtue Patience to one of my characters to block DotD's Wrathful, and that sped up my best time to 42 seconds. Remains to be seen if that will solve the problem, but I'm hopeful.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    LOTB team, thank you for fixing the dungeon. Sorry that you had to work through the weekend on it. :-(
    I mean, that’s a fair punishment for just not testing the thing
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    I've had that happen to me as well, Barthax. I went 1800 sand without a defeat, then 4 defeats on the next 1800 sand. The last one I watched and he was in that state. I assume if I left it long enough he would have eventually whittled my team down and killed them. "Long enough" is greater than 10 minutes, though, because I let it sit for that long this time.

I added High Virtue Patience to one of my characters to block DotD's Wrathful, and that sped up my best time to 42 seconds. Remains to be seen if that will solve the problem, but I'm hopeful.
    Thanks, hasn't recurred yet. Chucked it on my Prisoner whose innate Passive Disable doesn't seem to be disabling very much. OK, DotD Eddie is the boss, not expecting it there but there's a bunch of others it doesn't act upon.
    [Edit:] It's still happening, just not as often.
    Last edited by Barthax; 11-19-2021 at 10:31 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    I mean, that’s a fair punishment for just not testing the thing
    Really? Pretty sure they did tests before releasing the event.
    Working in the software industry, I can tell that you never be certain there are no bugs, because time is limited, and there too many combinations to test them all.
    Meti-4784

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Meti View Post
    Really? Pretty sure they did tests before releasing the event.
    Working in the software industry, I can tell that you never be certain there are no bugs, because time is limited, and there too many combinations to test them all.
    There are bugs and uncertainties. This time it was broken from the get go by anyone who tried to play the event.... like nothing was verified or tested. Not one person was able to say "i'm not having a problem".

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnus View Post
    There are bugs and uncertainties. This time it was broken from the get go by anyone who tried to play the event.... like nothing was verified or tested. Not one person was able to say "i'm not having a problem".
    Shit can append when updates are going live, even where test were ok in non-production environment. It appends in every company.
    More tests should be done, no doubt, but can't say that event was not tested.
    Last edited by Meti; 11-19-2021 at 01:16 PM.
    Meti-4784