Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

December 2021, Preliminary Tuning - DISCUSSION

Discuss the December Tuning Notes here!

Here's a link to our Preliminary Tuning Notes.

OS
    Android
    It's cool that you're doing different things with characters. Making some characters unique keeps the game interesting.

A few questions about Beast Eddie's new fury.

When he sacrifices an ally, is the ally effectively permadeathed? Or can he Sacred Chant and get the ally back?

What will happen with the fury when Autoplaying? Will it randomly choose the ally to sacrifice, or will the fury be disabled?
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    It's cool that you're doing different things with characters. Making some characters unique keeps the game interesting.

A few questions about Beast Eddie's new fury.

When he sacrifices an ally, is the ally effectively permadeathed? Or can he Sacred Chant and get the ally back?

What will happen with the fury when Autoplaying? Will it randomly choose the ally to sacrifice, or will the fury be disabled?
    All instant death effects are permadeath (and bosses are immune)
    When autoplaying, it's a random sacrifice for his fury but you can disable it by using a Blight Talisman set on him

OS
    iOS
    Well, the time has finally come. My favorite Eddie has been Awakened! I'm so happy to see the changes being made to him. I think that it's interesting that his new moves rely on having a Baphomet on your team in addition to being updated with more intense effects. I'm curious to see what Last Judgement will do after this rework, as it seems like his new ability for applying Bloodlust is Ninth Circle. Also, his Fury requiring a sacrifice is a very unique mechanic; I'm not sure how well it will work overall, but it's definitely an interesting idea. Also, the line that his Awakening will "reveal more about this Eddie's unique story" is very interesting to me.

Drifter being awakened is also pretty neat! I'm not sure how he will work when awakened though.

The Grim Reaper Talisman being used for Storm Rider Reaper Eddie is also pretty cool, though I think the Biker talisman is better for him generally.

All in all, I am very excited to witness Beast Eddie's rework in game when this update goes live. Thank you so much Legacy of the Beast Team.
    Last edited by GrimDusk; 12-10-2021 at 10:11 PM.

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the info, Ruby!

In the early days, I used Beast Eddie on Baph (using the Baphomet's Fire attack at that). It's kind of cool that they went from enemies to, "I'll do more damage if you're on my team"-mates.

I think the fury thing is pretty cool, but it makes him an unlikely character for autoplay. Not that that's a problem, since I have probably a hundred other eddies I can use for autoplay. (I don't think I'd blight him. I'd just use someone else.)
    Tsuketa-6474

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    Thanks for the info, Ruby!

In the early days, I used Beast Eddie on Baph (using the Baphomet's Fire attack at that). It's kind of cool that they went from enemies to, "I'll do more damage if you're on my team"-mates.

I think the fury thing is pretty cool, but it makes him an unlikely character for autoplay. Not that that's a problem, since I have probably a hundred other eddies I can use for autoplay. (I don't think I'd blight him. I'd just use someone else.)
    You could use Magma Beast Ed! His skills should also get updated and he doesn't have the fury.

OS
    Android
    That's a really good call, GrimDusk. Thanks!
    Tsuketa-6474

OS
    Android
    About Beast Eddie's fury:
    I'll try to be as straighforward, yet modest as possible. This is terrible.
    I see 2 options to make it better.
    1) (worse)
    Be fair and go "eye for an eye" sacrifice, make it 100% success chance. Also in PVP I notice certain enemies just ignore instakill (don't know how or why, I'm not that clever). Now imagine a battle when Beast Eddie keeps sacrificing your party to no avail and you can't tell if you're not rolling the 66% or the enemy is purely immune.
    2) (better)
    Keep the chance at 66%, but don't sacrifice own ally. How dumb is that anyway, I want to kill the enemy not my own party.

The problem with Blight that it also blocks power moves. No matter how fun or OP you plan the 'Last Judgement' , if my only viable option is to Blight him, I'll never see using it.
    I understand that you guys want to make Beast Eddie a viable option for today's meta (least that's what you say) but this renders him to be an even worse option, imo.

OS
    Android
    My main use for Beast Eddie is autoplay grinding if there is an 'inflict Doom x times' event challenge, which he will now be a lot less use for as I could either run him with Blights and not cast his Fury, which means I don't get the Dooms, or I can run him and know that I will not have any allies by the end of the run. If grinding a low level like Powerslave this isn't the end of the world as he can take it on himself and still cast Dooms without needing any allies but it does make him a bit less useful in my view.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmat89 View Post
    My main use for Beast Eddie is autoplay grinding if there is an 'inflict Doom x times' event challenge, which he will now be a lot less use for as I could either run him with Blights and not cast his Fury, which means I don't get the Dooms, or I can run him and know that I will not have any allies by the end of the run. If grinding a low level like Powerslave this isn't the end of the world as he can take it on himself and still cast Dooms without needing any allies but it does make him a bit less useful in my view.
    I would just use Grim Reaper Eddie's fury, then. His is also good for it and doesn't require sacrifice.