The Icy Abyss (Frontier)- Earn Festive Awakening Shards + Cosmic Winter Solstice Tals

Name:  The-Icy-Abyss-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  315.1 KB

From now until December 17th at 4PM PT, complete Event Challenges in the Icy Abyss Frontier Dungeon to earn a variety of rewards, including Void Crystals (the Icy Abyss Event Currency), Talisman Soul Fragments, Bloodied Snowballs and more!

You can access the Dungeon by:
    Completing a repeatable event challenge (Spend 100 Sands of Time)
    Claiming 1 free Key Soul in the store (this event only)
    Purchasing Key Souls with Gold
    Purchasing Key Souls with Frontier Coins.

More details on the Dungeon below!

Void Crystals can be traded in store for Festive Awakening Shards, Cosmic Parcel and Cosmic Winter Solstice Talismans!

These talismans provide exclusive bonuses to Coalgiver Eddie, Winter’s Guardian Ragnar, Christmas Ghosts, Possessed Snowman, Ice Eddie, Tiny Tim, Wickerdeer, Yeti and Moonchild named characters. When equipped these Talismans increase all stats in battle and reduce incoming damage. This talisman also grants the following effects:

Gain immunity to Freeze Effects. Gain Snow Shield or Blizzard Shield for 1 turn at the start of battle and at the start of your turn. Grant Perfect Immunity and Shroud for 1 turn to each ally with Snow Shield or Blizzard Shield at the start of your turn. 25% Chance to Revive you and up to one random ally up to MAX HP, granting you both Blizzard Shield for 1 turn, when you die.

Note: At the end of this event, any unspent Currency will be automatically converted into Precious Soul Fragments at a 10% rate.

Bloodied Snowballs is the event currency of our Blood and Ice event running until January 6th.

Trade your Bloodied Snowballs in the Event Store for rare rewards including Storm Rider Reaper Eddie, a T3 Cosmic Azusa Yumi Talisman and more!

You can learn more about this featured event in the Blood and Ice event post here!

Icy Abyss Dungeon Details
    Earn Coalgiver Eddie by completing Icy Abyss Dungeon Achievements!

Once it is unlocked, the Icy Abyss Dungeon will be open for 2 hours total and can be played an unlimited amount of times during that period. Note: This dungeon is restricted to Natural 4* characters only!

The first time you complete this dungeon, you will receive set rewards including a Legendary Soul, Talisman Soul Fragments and more. All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide Evo Shards, as well as a chance of bonus rewards, including Snow and Apocalypse Talismans.

The Icy Abyss Dungeon has 5 new Achievements associated with it. Complete these Achievements to earn a variety of Christmas characters, including Coalgiver Eddie!

You can learn more about this character by checking the Compendium in the Book of Souls screen, and see full Achievement details in-game!

**IMPORTANT: If you purchase another Icy Abyss Dungeon Frontier Key while the corresponding Dungeon is already open you will refresh that dungeon's countdown timer.

Event Store Additions:

• Get the Hellish Abyss Pack and receive a wide variety of Cosmic Talismans as well as some currency. This pack has 1 T2 Cosmic Sinister Solstice Talisman, and 4 T2 Red Cosmic Talismans with Snow, Greed, Parcel and Coal set effects.
    • Grab an additional boost of Event Currency to trade for more items in the Event Store. This pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!

OS
    Android
    I like this event.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    G'day folks, thought I'd swing by and give you all an early Christmas present

I also like this event, and this new dungeon. It's not as difficult as it looks, as although there are a couple of strong enemies like Dark Advent Lilith and the Gunner Ghost, most of them don't have any talismans to worry about. We also have plenty of powerful 4* characters to choose from, such as Dark Roads Eddie and The Wickerman, which reduces the difficulty of the natural 4*-only restriction. The achievements are also a mixed blessing. While needing to use four different allies means we can't use a team with them all at once, this has the upside of allowing us to pair up two achievement characters with a super powerful aoe ally. Personally, I've been using a max awakened The Wickerman for this, although I'm sure other strong hitters such as the Magus Mongol Archer, the Sentinel Onyx Son, the Red Christmas Ghost, or the Wicker Owl Evolved would all do just as well. And as usual with these lower rarity dungeons, I have no doubt a Mark-focused strategy would work very well.

Name:  TheIcyAbyss - Smaller.png
Views: 594
Size:  672.1 KB

(I know I say this almost every couple of months, but sorry it's been so long since my last post, I miss chatting with you all.)
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    Thank you Az! This looks great; we miss having you around man.

OS
    iOS
    Where are Coal talismans dropping? Or can you purchase them anywhere?

OS
    iOS
    Return of the King
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    G'day folks, thought I'd swing by and give you all an early Christmas present

I also like this event, and this new dungeon. It's not as difficult as it looks, as although there are a couple of strong enemies like Dark Advent Lilith and the Gunner Ghost, most of them don't have any talismans to worry about. We also have plenty of powerful 4* characters to choose from, such as Dark Roads Eddie and The Wickerman, which reduces the difficulty of the natural 4*-only restriction. The achievements are also a mixed blessing. While needing to use four different allies means we can't use a team with them all at once, this has the upside of allowing us to pair up two achievement characters with a super powerful aoe ally. Personally, I've been using a max awakened The Wickerman for this, although I'm sure other strong hitters such as the Magus Mongol Archer, the Sentinel Onyx Son, the Red Christmas Ghost, or the Wicker Owl Evolved would all do just as well. And as usual with these lower rarity dungeons, I have no doubt a Mark-focused strategy would work very well.

Name:  TheIcyAbyss - Smaller.png
Views: 594
Size:  672.1 KB

(I know I say this almost every couple of months, but sorry it's been so long since my last post, I miss chatting with you all.)
    The graphics looks amazing, hat off!

I completed the event using guy fawks Eddie and warrior snowman, sentinel elf and nutcracker.

OS
    Android
    Oh yeee Az thks! so glad to see you around!!!!
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Thank you Az! Awesome, as always.

My goto on 4* dungeons is max awakened Phantom of the Opera Eddie. Dark Roads Eddie is good if the dungeon is hard to survive, but when it's not, Phantom does more damage and makes it faster.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv