Fright Before Christmas (Dungeon) - Exclusive Chance at Santa Claws and Comet

Name:  Fright-Before-Christmas-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  304.4 KB

Old Santa got drunk on dark power
    He shouted "I'll make the sinners on my list cower!"
    "But what of the fate
    Of the good children of late?"
    "Perhaps they aren't worth flensing to devour!"

The dark forces that have invaded Christmas have altered poor dear Santa this holiday season! A powerful assassin-class character, this clawed ally will rend your foes limb from limb, able to instantly kill foes that meet the right criteria. Riding atop a once proud beast, Santa claws his way to victory, dishing out a variety of powerful effects to allies and enemies alike with his Season's Greeting.

Get full character details in the Compendium!

From now until January 5th, 4 PM PT, battle through 4 difficulty settings in the Fright Before Christmas dungeon!

The first time you complete Normal, Hard or Madness, you will earn set rewards including:

Christmas Souls
    Greed Talismans (Mystical Subtype)

Your first Insanity run will grant T3 2★ Cosmic Evo Runes and Talisman Epic Soul Fragments.

All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide:

Christmas Soul Fragments
    Dungeon Fragments
    A chance of up to 2 bonus rewards, including: Brave Talismans (Mystical Subtype)

Completing Event Challenges will grant various other rewards, including more Christmas Soul Fragments, Assassin Souls, Bloodied Snowballs and Parcel Talismans and more!

Christmas Soul Details!

The Christmas Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class. This soul has an increased chance of summoning Christmas characters from years past, and has an exclusive chance of summoning 5★ Assassin Santa Claws and Comet.

Each Christmas Soul summoned will also grant the following bonus rewards:
    10 Dark Advent Lilith Soul Fragments
    10 Santa Claws And Comet Soul Fragments
    10 Christmas Mythical Soul Fragments
    20 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments

750 Dark Advent Lilith Fragments guarantees 1 5★ Assassin Dark Advent Lilith.

500 Santa Claws And Comet Soul Fragments guarantees 1 5★ Assassin Santa Claws And Comet

500 Christmas Mythical Soul Fragments guarantees 1 5★ Pre-2021 Christmas character.

400 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments guarantees a Tier 1 to Tier 3 Gold or Red Cosmic Talisman and 1★ Gold Idol.

Bloodied Snowballs is the event currency of our Blood and Ice event running until January 6th.

Trade your Bloodied Snowballs in the Event Store for rare rewards including Storm Rider Reaper Eddie, a T3 Cosmic Azusa Yumi Talisman and more!

You can learn more about this featured event in the Blood and Ice event post here!

Event Store Additions:
    • Trade Ironite for packs of 1, 3 and 10 Christmas Souls
    • Pick up the Santa Claws and Comet Talisman Pack! Each pack includes currency as well as a full set of Siege and Coal Talismans!
    • Trade extra Christmas Soul Fragments for Cosmic Capricorn Talismans, Cosmic Sinister Solstice Talismans, and Heroic Souls.
    • Want to turn Christmas Souls back into Fragments? Take advantage of the Christmas Soul Shatterer. 1 Christmas Soul will get your 200 Christmas Soul Fragments you can use to spend on items in store.
    • Trade in Ironite to pick up more Greed, Brave and Parcel Talismans.
    • Grab an additional boost of Soul Fragments to trade for more items in the Event Store. This pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!
    • We have an Assassin power up pack on offer! Each pack provides Ironite to help farm more event currency, a bit of gold, 5⭐ XP Shards, and Skill Shards to power up your character!

Dungeon Fragment Details:

Dungeon Fragments will drop in event Dungeons. Use Dungeon Fragments to purchase items found within the Event Store Tab. You can continue collecting and building your stockpiles of Dungeon Fragments with each Dungeon event.

Please note that the items available for Dungeon Fragments disappear between dungeon events. They will reappear again with the same items available the next time a dungeon event is held.

Since these Fragments are meant to be spent in store, they cannot be converted to Precious Soul Fragments and will ‘loop’ if you claim a Dungeon Soul (if claimed, a Dungeon Soul will simply produce 1000 Dungeon Fragments, and 1 1★ Gold Idol, thus returning the fragments used to create it, and the Gold spent to summon it).

OS
    Android
    I really like the look of the dungeon. Especially when you swipe to the left and it becomes night time and the lights glow.
    I'm happy that DA Lilith is the 75 and Santa Claws is the 50.
    I really like the incentive to play with Christmas characters in the dungeon.
    I like that we can grind for a new Sinister Solstice T3 for our DA Lucifer.
    I like that the event is 2 weeks long to take the pressure off.
    I like the look of the new Christmas Spirit ally. I hope there's a way to get her in the future.

I haven't spent any time optimizing my runs yet, but thumbs up on this event.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    Great event, no doubt.
    Grinding for DA Lilith is crazy, makes christmas more amazing than ever this year.
    Thanks team !!!
    Meti-4784

OS
    Android
    This is finally an awesome Christmas event, thanks!!!!
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Meti View Post
    Great event, no doubt.
    Grinding for DA Lilith is crazy, makes christmas more amazing than ever this year.
    Thanks team !!!
    Pour Noel, ce n'est pas fou ta cagoule, mais fou ton bonnet.

OS
    Android
    I like this event.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    I love the addition of the Soul Smash to convert souls back into frags - brilliant if you get a lucky drop so you don't then waste any further fragments you've already converted.
    In game: CrazyPanda2018
    Clan: The Fallen

Fear of the Dark, Fear of the Dark;
    I have a Constant Fear of Running Out of Beer

'Compendium' content for all Talismans and Characters (Max Awakened only if awakenable) available to view here. Please note I'll try and keep this up to date every few weeks.

OS
    Android
    Also when you get extra souls on the 12th day of Christmas and the Free pack, but you've already done your 50 souls for Santa.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    I like this event, the dungeon is absolutely gorgeous. Really enjoyed the two stories too, I love how a new chapter of the Moonchild's tale unfolds every couple of months.

The dungeon itself isn't too bad either, no nasty surprises this time around. If you have a Paranoia bespoke to bypass the blocking effect of the Riposte and Yggdrasil talismans, you can brute force your way through without much trouble. According to the Strategy list in-game, there are plenty of ways to tackle it. I'm sure there are a bunch of interesting and annoying things going on with enemy passives here, but I might have just got lucky with my "standard" team. I'll share it below.

Name:  Fright Before Christmas Insanity - Smaller.png
Views: 159
Size:  812.2 KB

This is the core of my standard Insanity Event Dungeon team. I often have to make some changes to handle specific challenges (like bringing Brave talismans to deal with Ghost), but sometimes I get lucky and have all my bases already covered. All characters are Max Awakened.

Dark Roads Eddie - Apocalypse/Paranoia
    Cosmic Baphomet - Wrathful/T3-Patience
    Dark Advent Lilith - Pisces/Capricorn/SinisterSolstice (Pisces is used for Marks, but these are easily changed)
    Warrior Odin - Ragnarok/Aesir

Winter Ragnar's Fury animation is wonderful, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find any suitable frames from my recording to use in my dungeon image. Ended up trying a few different things, and rather happy with the slightly vaporwave-ish colour changes I made to the Gauntlet Season 13 artwork.
    Azagthor-0732