Walls Of Montségur (Frontier) - Earn Medieval Awakening Shards + Rare Cosmic Talisman

Name:  Walls-of-Montsegur-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  296.4 KB
    From now until January 14th at 4PM PT, complete Event Challenges in the Fallen Fortress Frontier Dungeon to earn a variety of rewards, including Charred Blades (the Walls Of Montségur Event Currency), Talisman Soul Fragments, Ritualistic Scripts and more!

You can access the Dungeon by:
    Completing a repeatable event challenge (Spend 100 Sands of Time)
    Claiming 1 free Key Soul in the store (this event only)
    Purchasing Key Souls with Gold
    Purchasing Key Souls with Frontier Coins.

More details on the Dungeon below!

Charred Blades can be traded in store for Medieval Awakening Shards, Cosmic Crusader Talismans and new Cosmic High Virtue Restraint Talismans!

This Cosmic High Virtue Talisman comes with the Restraint passive. T1 Talismans will disable enemy Gluttonous Talismans, T2 will disable enemy Gluttonous and Impulse Talismans, and the T3 will disable enemy Gluttonous Talismans, Impulse Talismans and Baphomet Character Passive abilities. The passive ability also does the following:

If another Talisman effect or Character Passive is disabled by this Talisman, gain the following:
    • When an ally deals damage to one or more enemies for the first time since the start of the battle or when they last died, they deal a number of additional devastating hits of random damage to those enemies equal to the number of turns that have passed. If that number is 3 or more, they instantly kill a random enemy.

If no Talisman effects or Character Passives are disabled by this Talisman, gain the following:
    • Grant immunity to all negative effects, including Silver effects, and all damage to all allies for 6 turns or until they damage an enemy for the first time since the start of the battle or when they last died.

Note: At the end of this event, any unspent Currency will be automatically converted into Precious Soul Fragments at a 10% rate.

Ritualistic Scripts is the event currency of our Tides of Change event running until February 3rd.

Trade your Ritualistic Scripts in the Event Store for rare rewards including Storm-Rider Killers Eddie, Cosmic Storm Herald Talismans and more!

You can learn more about this featured event in the Tides of Change event post here!

Fallen Fortress Dungeon Details
    Earn Templar Crusader Eddie by completing Fallen Fortress Dungeon Achievements!

Once it is unlocked, the Fallen Fortress Dungeon will be open for 2 hours total and can be played an unlimited amount of times during that period. This dungeon also comes with a restriction making it so only 4★ Magus and Assassin class characters can be used to play!

We have just added a second difficulty setting to this dungeon, so you can now take on both regular AND Hard settings. You can now gain progress on all Fallen Fortress Dungeon achievements on both Normal and Hard difficulties!

The first time you complete this dungeon, you will receive set rewards including a Legendary Soul, Talisman Soul Fragments and more. All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide Evo Shards, as well as a chance of bonus rewards, including Babylon and Aim Talismans on Normal and Memorial and Metal Talismans on Hard.

The Fallen Fortress Dungeon has 6 Achievements associated with it. Complete 4 of these Achievements to earn Templar Crusader Eddie, the fully skill sharded Special Edition version of Crusader Eddie.

You can learn more about this character by checking the Compendium in the Book of Souls screen, and see full Achievement details in-game!

**IMPORTANT: If you purchase another Fallen Fortress Dungeon Frontier Key while the corresponding Dungeon is already open you will refresh that dungeon's countdown timer.

Event Store Additions:

• Pick up the Dangerous Pact Pack and Awaken Beast Eddie! This bundle contains Assassin Awakening Shards, Gold, Ironite, Frontier Coins, 6 Hell Awakening Shards! It also contains a Cosmic Beast Talisman!
    • Get the Dark Ages Pack and receive a wide variety of Cosmic Talismans as well as some currency. This pack has 1 T2 Cosmic Crusader Talisman, and 4 T2 Red Cosmic Talismans with Grail, Aim, Archer and Metal set effects.
    • Grab an additional boost of Event Currency to trade for more items in the Event Store. This pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!

OS
    Android

Fallen Fortress Event- Talisman counter (grail, aim, archer, and metal)

NONE OF THESE ARE COUNTING. I have ran two keys with nothing done.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by OdoyleRules View Post
    NONE OF THESE ARE COUNTING. I have ran two keys with nothing done.
    Are you running Fallen Fortress on the hard difficulty?

It's working for me.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 01-08-2022 at 06:51 AM.
    Gasper-4674

OS
    Android
    They're counting for me. Although I have 3 sets of Aim and it's only counting one per run. That's not typically what happens, but I haven't worried much about it since I need to do 100 runs for the other ones.

Sorry to ask, but you made sure you're running the Hard version of the dungeon, right? Those challenges require it.

The problem I have is relatively frequent hangs in the dungeon. 5 hangs out of 27 successes now.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv

OS
    Android
    I like this event. Always nice to see a new stage added to a Frontier Dungeon, especially when the launch event allows players to earn rewards by playing either difficulty. Nice to have options, and nice to take players of different level into consideration. Good job. I did my first two keys in Hard mode, completing the talismans-wearing challenges, and will be completing the remaining runs in normal mode to take advantage of the slightly lower SoT cost. Although I might go back to hard if I need to complete a Memorial or Metal talisman set.

The new hard stage isn't significantly more difficult than the normal one, and if you're using a fast farming team you'll likely have similar run times. I would say the main challenge is the 3rd wave, as Templar Crusader Eddie's "heal-when-damage" passive can combine with his Crusader Bespoke's "chance-to-damage-enemy-when-you-are-healed" effect to deal a whole lot of damage to your team. As long as you have some way to handle potentially lethal damage, you'll be fine. My team gets around this with Wicker Owl Evolved's Soul Protect, and I'm sure things like Forge talismans would do the trick just as well.

Name:  FallenFortress - HARD - Smaller.png
Views: 349
Size:  599.5 KB

While there is plenty of room for improvement, this was the team I'm used for the challenges, had ~75 runs per key in both hard and normal:
    Templar Crusader Eddie - Lantern/Sustaining/T3-Bespoke (Burns->Healing->Damage combo engine)
    (Another Crusader Ed in the backseat with Archer/Grail)
    Wicker Owl (only 7*) - Navigation/Aim/Gravity
    Mongol Archer - Aquarius/Scorpio/T3-Bespoke
    Magus Pyro - Ragnarok/Metal (Magus Derby Demon is an equally good option for a Ragnarok-wearer)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuketa View Post
    The problem I have is relatively frequent hangs in the dungeon. 5 hangs out of 27 successes now.
    Do they always happen at the same place? I haven't had any freezes so far, but I remember having at least one freeze per key on the first wave of Normal when I ran this dungeon in the past. I don't think we ever 100% uncovered the exact cause, but it seemed to be some sort of interaction with one of the knights in that first wave and your ragnarok talismans. There was still a random element to it though, as two people using the exact same team could have very different experiences.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Thanks Azagthor. I actually was getting the hangs without Ragnarok. When I added Ragnarok and Gluttonous, I started going so much faster that I stopped hanging. I suspect the hang happened when I didn't kill the 3rd wave before they had a chance to go, and the eddie got buffed up. In most of the hangs I saw, my Templar was swinging on another Templar and the bad guy had a lot of buffs and debuffs. Now that I'm killing everything on the first or second hit, I haven't been seeing any more hangs.
    Tsuketa-6474

Leader of Caesar Inc. We're the covers album in Caesar's Empire...
    Stop by and say "Hi." https://discord.gg/qG9aH9WNcv