Thread: February Events

OS
    iOS

February Events

https://twitter.com/ironmaidenlotb/s...8sFWkmCWmkeQTQ

New collaboration and the seeming appearance of No Prayer for the Dying Ed? Maybe this month will be quite good!

Heavens Painted Red: I feel this is our Valentine's Day dungeon. Not sure as to who would be here, maybe we'll get a Valentine's Angel or Gabriel, themed around Cherubs.
    Abundance of Wealth: In the recent tuning notes, Belshazzar's passive is supposed to get a buff that can give an "Avaricious" effect. I think this will be a set of Avarice talismans for us.
    Tipping the Scales: Standard evolution event.
    Gunner Sphinx: Another 5 star frag event; the last one was sort of painful but it had a pay-only cosmic talisman. Perhaps this one will also give something nice.
    Vital Strike: Not fully certain on this one; could also be valentine's related, since the heart is a vital organ. Maybe some sort of weird heart character?
    Disturbing Sciences: This is likely the collaboration dungeon. It's very possible that this could be on the nose and just be Disturbed, but I feel like that's a bit too simple. Instead, I posit that this will be a collaboration between Iron Maiden and a band focused on the "science" part. I don't think I know enough bands to guess this one, but the closest I know is ArcAttack, a band that uses Tesla coils as instruments.
    Assimilation: This could also be part of the band collaboration, but I'm not too sure overall.
    Humbled Outlook: I think this could possibly be another High Virtue talisman, since we're missing one out of the seven. We have one for each sin except for Pride, which I imagine is countered by Humility.
    Gauntlet Winter Tour: Standard gauntlet off-season. Say goodbye to Winter Ragnar!

What do you all think? Also, as I mentioned above, the monthly event will definitely feature No Prayer for the Dying Eddie, as it is called "From the Grave." Pretty easy guess for me.

OS
    Android
    Appears spot on, but we are still missing one of the riders, that is supposed to be the featured monthly Eddie like the others (supposed to be Pharaoh rider, but it don't feel the theme fits him).
    New signature: Loading...

If anyone want to add me as a Trooper: Sponholz-2356

OS
    Android
    I would bet that Disturbing Sciences is, in fact, a collaboration with Disturbed.

Maiden has played with them, and Llexi deals with them at Heavy Metal and Incendium.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    I too am strongly feeling that a Disturbed collab is happening. That means we'll get "The Guy" as an ally. You love to see it - the collab characters have been really good thus far, and free. Exceptionally hard to complain about free characters. I'm still clamoring for them to put Vic Rattlehead in, however.

I also agree that No Prayer for the Dying Ed is most likely our month long chase. I made a character concept for him out of boredom a while back, so it's nice to finally see him realized. He's the final mainline Maiden album Eddie, until the band cranks out album 18. I conceptualized him as a 4-Star Warrior to join poor, lonely Phantom Ed in the general soul pool, but now that's definitely off the table. It's also very nice to have a NEW new Eddie, hopefully, that isn't a rehash/special edition character. I know it makes me sound extremely petty, but as much as I love Fear to Eternity Ed, I wish he has his own skillset. Making passive-only Eddies is more development friendly, but I find myself missing the spectacle of seeing a brand-new Eddie's fury for the first time. Again, that sounds really whiny and petty to say, but it is what it is.

OS
    Android
    In my state-of-denial refusal to accept the collab being with Disturbed, simply because I'm not a fan of them at all... I propose an alternative collab.

It could be that Disturbing Sciences is related to an alien concept (experiments, etc.) - and with that, one of the most exciting collabs imo would be with Hypocrisy.

Major wishful thinking, and the disappointed realist in me agrees that it's far more likely to be Disturbed. But, one can hope.
    This is what not to do if your bird shits on you.

OS
    iOS
    Latest social media post has confirmed via silhouette, that it is indeed a Disturbed collab this month, with a shadowed teaser of The Guy. Phrasing him as "spirit of vengeance" corroborates my feeling that I've always had, in that The Guy is just a heavy metal version of Scorpion from Mortal Kombat... again, whether or not Disturbed is up your alley (it's not entirely up mine), he's definitely a good fit, because he's a fully fleshed out mascot that'll be pretty neat to watch alongside ol' Ed boy!