Skeleton Crew (Frontier) - Earn Spectral Souls, a new Cosmic Artifact and more!

Name:  Skeleton-Crew-Event-1200x676-EN.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  305.9 KB

From now until March 8th at 4PM PT, complete Event Challenges in the Final Journey Frontier Dungeon to earn a variety of rewards, including Spectral Soul Fragments, Awakening Shards, Chaos Orbs and more!

You can access the Dungeon by:
    Completing a repeatable event challenge (Spend 100 Sands of Time)
    Claiming 1 free Key Soul in the store (this event only)
    Purchasing Key Souls with Gold
    Purchasing Key Souls with Frontier Coins.

More details on the Dungeon below!

Spectral Soul Fragments can be used in two ways! First, they can be traded in store for rare items, such as the Cosmic Nautical Talisman, Nautical Awakening Shards, Cosmic Evo Runes and the new Cosmic Artifact - Book of Soyga. Cosmic Artifacts are a new special kind of single tier cosmic talisman.

The Book of Soyga will grant it’s wearer the following ability:

The Black Accord:
    Do the following if you are a Baphomet or Asmodeus character:
    • Permanently increase All Stats of self by 150%.
    • Gain ‘reduce all damage by 50%’ for the duration of the battle.
    • Gain immunity from Accuracy Down Effects, Stop and Permadeath Effects for the duration of the battle.
    • Remove all Golden effects from all characters.
    • Inflict Innate Crave and Innate Permadeath for 1 turn on all enemies.
    • Until your next turn, whenever an ally dies, inflict Perfect Blind, Perfect Silence and Perfect Accuracy Down for the duration of the battle on the attacker.
    • If you die before your next turn, inflict Doom for 1 turn on the attacker. Otherwise do the following:
    • Permanently increase All Stats of self by 25%.
    • Gain ‘reduce all damage by 15%’ for the duration of the battle.
    • Inflict Accuracy Down, Stop and Permadeath for the duration of the battle on self and all enemies.
    • Remove all Golden effects from all characters.
    • Inflict Perfect Crave and Perfect Death for 1 turn on self and all enemies.
    • Instantly kill self if below 50% HP, and if you do, deal a hit of true and magic damage to a random enemy equal to 300% of your MAX HP.

The effects of The Black Accord can only be used once on your team per battle.

Spectral Soul Fragments can also be turned into Spectral Souls!

Spectral Soul Details!
    The Spectral Soul is a limited time event soul which guarantees a 3★ to 5★ character of any class with an increased chance for 5★ The Madam, The Count, Mad-Shot Murphy, Navigator Eddie and other ghostly crew themed characters!

Each Spectral Soul summoned will also grant the following bonus rewards:
    10 Mythical Soul Fragments
    20 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments

400 Talisman Gold Red Soul Fragments guarantees a Tier 1 to Tier 3 Gold or Red Cosmic Talisman and 1★ Gold Idol.

Chaos Orbs is the event currency of our Ultimate Apocalypse event running until March 31st.

Trade your Chaos Orbs in the Event Store for rare rewards including Demon Prince Asmodeus, Cosmic Mask Talismans and more!

You can learn more about this featured event in the Ultimate Apocalypse event post here!

Final Journey Frontier Key Dungeon

Earn Blackbeard Eddie by completing Final Journey Achievements!

Once it is unlocked, the Final Journey Dungeon will be open for only 2 hours total. There are no limits on how many times the dungeon can be played within that time frame. This dungeon is restricted to Sentinel and Gunner characters that are 4★ or lower.

We have just added a second difficulty setting to this dungeon, so you can now take on both regular AND Hard settings. You can now gain progress on all Final Journey Dungeon achievements on both Normal and Hard difficulties!

The first time you complete this dungeon, you will receive set rewards including a Legendary Soul, Talisman Soul Fragments and more.

All subsequent victories are guaranteed to provide XP Runes, as well as a chance of bonus rewards, including Rot Talismans, Sulfur Talismans and Nautical Awakening Shards, and Temperance and Dream Talismans on Hard.

**IMPORTANT: If you summon another Final Journey Frontier Key Soul while the corresponding Dungeon is already open you will refresh that dungeon’s countdown timer.

Event Store Additions:

• Get the Shipwrecked Pack and receive a wide variety of Cosmic Talismans as well as some currency. This pack has 1 T2 Cosmic Nautical Talisman, and 4 T2 Red Cosmic Talismans with Rot, Sulfur, Temperance and Dream set effects.
    • Grab an additional boost of Soul Fragments to trade for more items in the Event Store. This pack also contains Talisman Soul Fragments, Frontier Coins, Ironite and more!

OS
    Android
    Hello Troopers
    Is the soyga book good enough to spend 5000 fragments?
    Did you already test it in battle?
    Thank you

It’s worth it. It’s basically a 5 star cosmic. Takes 5+million to level up. If you don’t have a t3 nautical bespoke, that’s worth it too.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifelheim View Post
    It’s worth it. It’s basically a 5 star cosmic. Takes 5+million to level up. If you don’t have a t3 nautical bespoke, that’s worth it too.
    Thank you Nifelheim

OS
    Android
    I like this event. Good duration and good event currency drop rate, better than usual. I also like that it is roughly a year since the Final Journey dungeon first launched, good timing. I would love to see event durations increase, as long as the requirements don't also increase. I'm still going through a bunch of health problems, and it feels a little hard to keep up at times. Please give us more time to work through and enjoy the events.

Ok folks, this is what the dungeon looks like.

Name:  FinalJourney - Hard - Smaller.png
Views: 281
Size:  648.3 KB

Rather glad they decided not to give the Max Awakened Navigator and Mariner any talismans, as their awakened abilities are pretty strong on their own. While the dungeon probably wont give people too much trouble (the T3 Charity virtue cosmic can disable both GotN/Mariner), the Ferryman in the final wave can lead to wildly inconsistent fight times. I didn't spend any time looking into consistent ways to passive disable him, and instead focused on burns. My times would vary by a full minute. Maybe Viper or Penance talismans might be a faster option?

Anyway, this is what I was using. Not at all optimal, and some choices were purely due to various event challenges and achievements, and laziness.

Blackbeard Ed - Sulfur/Lantern/T3-Nautical (Good aoe damage, and Burns. Felt faster than Dark Roads)
    S. Onyx Son - Gluttonous/T3-Charity (Excellent aoe damage)
    S. Anubis - Yggdrasil/Aries (Survivability, and Burns. Desert Diety bespoke's extra turns can slow down Ferryman fight)
    G. Corrupted Rescuer - Ragnarok/Rot (An aoe Ragnarok wearer. Didn't want to mess with Plague Doctor's Dark Ghost)

I'm not actually sure how much of a difference the Charity cosmic makes. Unless you reliably kill the Navigator in the first turn, his basic attack will reactive his passive allowing him to revive when you kill him, adding more time to your run. Haven't really done any proper testing, but my runs were fairly similar with or without the Charity. Adding the Lanterns to Blackbeard made more of a noticeable difference. How about you, what tricks or tactics did you find useful?
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    I like this event. Good duration and good event currency drop rate, better than usual. I also like that it is roughly a year since the Final Journey dungeon first launched, good timing. I would love to see event durations increase, as long as the requirements don't also increase. I'm still going through a bunch of health problems, and it feels a little hard to keep up at times. Please give us more time to work through and enjoy the events.
    Your dungeon summary graphics are exquisite, Azagthor. Best wishes for your health.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Nice writeup and quality work as always mate I enjoy reading your writeups. Some comments based on personal experience.

(the T3 Charity virtue cosmic can disable both GotN/Mariner)
    Only it doesn't. GotN's passive remains active at least he keeps reviving and nothing justifies that, except his passive. It is true, what you write, that he enables his passive with his basic attack, but Charity disables hist passive at start of battle and at start of every turn. So he should never revive unless he dies in his turns after he landed his basic attack. I can only assume he's considered a boss in this wave, hence Charity is not working.

the Ferryman in the final wave can lead to wildly inconsistent fight times. I didn't spend any time looking into consistent ways to passive disable him
    You can't. He's considered a boss, thus can't be passive disabled. Tried Penance, Terrible Tim, DRE, nothing beats his passive, your best bet is Doomsday or Doomsday Apocalypse Eddie (available in FC store). Navigator also works, but inferior to either Doomsday Eds.

I'm still going through a bunch of health problems
    Sorry to hear that, hope you get better buddy. Up the Irons!