State Of Nation Summer 2023

Welcome to our second State Of The Nation of 2023! It’s been a great 6 months and we are excited to share with you this summer update!

Let’s go through a 6 month recap to see what’s happened this year:

Performance Update!
    We pushed out an update in April that increased the performance of the game and included some QoL bug fixes such as the view in the store resetting after purchasing an item.

Collabs!
    We had some really sick collaborations with some amazing bands such as Motorhead, Anthrax, and In Flames!
    We also brought some great collab characters back during the Download Fest event Chaining The Hounds! This included Knucklehead from Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Emeritus IV from Ghost, Guy from Disturbed, and Genesis from Within Temptation!

Livestreams!
    During the first half of 2023, we brought back livestreams! You can find us on YouTube and Facebook for our official livestreams.. But if you’re around our socials you may start seeing very short impromptu livestreams on Instagram and Facebook…

Social post fun!
    We had a lot of fun coming up with some very silly posts. Here is my favourite. Celebrating International Kissing Day, we decided to have some fun and set up Dark Prophet with his very own kissing booth!

Name:  KissingDay.png
Views: 995
Size:  618.1 KB

Okay, so what’s coming up for the remainder of 2023? Glad you asked -

Even more Collabs!
    We’ve still got a few more to go this year, and we cannot wait to release more characters and dungeons based on the bands we are working with! Stay tuned!

New Characters
    We’ve got some cool characters coming out soon so why not share a few concept pieces of them for you to get excited over!

Name:  MinorRoadRash.PNG
Views: 935
Size:  277.0 KB

Name:  WhoCouldItBe.png
Views: 925
Size:  249.3 KB

Name:  ImNotTellingYouTheirName.png
Views: 912
Size:  238.9 KB

Name:  ProbablyPaperCute.png
Views: 926
Size:  384.1 KB

Game Guide!
    There is an awesome player guide made by GrimDusk. If you’re new to LOTB, this guide can help you starting out and is just as useful for veteran players as well!

Player Run Discord!
    There is a discord server run by long-time player Galactic Cosmos. This active server is open to discussing all things LOTB and more! We’re fans of this discord. Send Galactic Cosmos a message on Discord (galacticcosmos) for an invite!

Before we go, we just want to say thank you for an awesome 2023 so far. Here is to the rest of the year and more to come!

Up The Irons!

OS
    iOS
    Some very cool characters (and thank you for shouting out my guide again). I do wish there was a bit more info on upcoming features/story, but all this stuff is pretty cool. Up the irons!

OS
    Android
    six. six lucifers. With the restriction on the shards it takes more than a month to accumulate enough and each time ive gotten the same character i dont need. you know what the odd of that is ? 63:1 can I please get the other lucifer.

OS
    Android
    Wouldn't it be easier to just put the discord code???

You don't even lend yourself to doing the basics. That discord user doesn't even exist.

In case the devs or new players haven't noticed, I'll leave a quote from Arena's top 1, yes, the guy who won everything in the game and left his definitive impression on us mere mortals:

"There is no community. There are clans"

Good luck figuring out how to defeat Cernunnos or Baphomet with just one Eddie and 2 talismans alone. Yes, newbie, that's possible, with any Eddie.

Good luck figuring out how to put together a team that won't take half an hour or more to beat that new dungeon on last difficulty - and which these devs team put all them effort for you not to find out.

And kudos to the Nodding frogs for creating a game where to know how the game really works you have to enter a closed hermetic circle of people with inflated egos and small genitals through their obscure discords.
    Last edited by Kurzgesagt; 08-18-2023 at 03:30 AM.

OS
    Android
    people with inflated egos and small genitals
    No one has the right to forbid you to fantasize about other people's genitals. But please do it without offending other gamers, including en masse.
    Aloizius-1685 from FLAMMA clan
    What you give is what you get. Peace and goodness for all.

OS
    Android
    It's been 7 years and theres still no mention of an Assassin Clan God Mega Event, Clan Wars, or Silent Planet to this day.

And let's not forget: The big news this year was the menu not reverting back to the starting position after each selection, like wtf are you high? Why wasn't this incorporated since the beginning?

I'm done being nice about this game dragging out. Get this game's shit together already.

OS
    Android
    Any plans on quality of life updates?
    I have a couple moments of permanent pain:
    * Selling talismans is super annoying now, all this scrolling the list when you have 1000+ of them,
    i wish some kind of word search check the ones to sell and tap to sell, voila.
    * Some kind of extra mark which you can assing to duplicate characters to differentiate them.