Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maiden Rarities

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android

Maiden Rarities

I'm always curious as to what rare bits and pieces people have in their music collections, and Iron Maiden have so many rare and limited releases that this thread is a natural. What unusual Maiden do you have in your collection?

Myself, I managed to score one of the Eddie's Archive box sets (love that crystal shot glass!) I have a couple of picture discs (vinyl): Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, and an interview picture disc (Interview with Adrian Smith). I also have some vinyl singles: From Here to Eternity, 2 Minutes to Midnight, and Flight of Icarus. On cassette, I have the singles for Aces High and the live version of Running Free (1985). On CD, I have the singles for Hallowed Be Thy Name Live (1993), The Wicker Man, Wildest Dreams and Rainmaker. Finally, I have a few VHS Maiden releases, which are more just old than actually rare, but what the hell: From There to Eternity, Maiden England, Raising Hell, and a Metal Hammer Iron Maiden special.

As much as I enjoy what I have, I realize it is a modest collection at best... so come on! Use this thread to brag about your swag! (And, by all means, post pics!)
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

Hi
    First of all I got the big founders pack as for the collection, I dont play much on pc or my phone, but its aittle fun, last game I really was in to was ed hunter hahaha so for me this is a change to ad alot more Maiden stuff to my collection.
    I will not write all my stuff as it will take too long, but feel free to google my name and see lots of pictures of my collection. Name: Rasmus Stavnsborg
    Maiden Denmark

What's your In game name? I'll add you.

OS
    Android
    That pinball table is amazing...
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

Back in the day when I first got into Maiden I would buy anything I could find to add to my collection. I was a huge fan and at one time I had almost every Eddie poster there was. I had Eddie posters from floor to ceiling in my room and it was an upstairs room that faced the street I lived on. I took the curtains down and I would literally have people come to my door that were walking by just to comment on my posters. I had every album on vinyl in protective sleeves through Somewhere in Time. I had 8 rare picture discs and at least 10 singles on vinyl all in protective plastic sleeves and never played. I also had over 40 pins and buttons. Sadly my entire collection was stolen out of my storage locker in 1991. I had to start over and just bought everything on CDs after that. They didn't get my collection of t-shirts and my tour t-shirts thankfully but I really miss all my Eddie artwork to this day.

OS
    Android
    Man, that sucks hard. People can be such assholes.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    Orc, that's TERRIBLE!

I got some picture discs and 1st ten years on vinyl, but the pride of my collection is I bought all formats of Bring Your Daughter with my birthday money the day it came out

OS
    Android
    Sweet! Killer tune.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

Honestly - no impressive rarities for me. I have a clear 10" single for Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg with that awesome Eddie-as-a-gravedigger artwork. That's about it.

Although, I did interview Dave Murray once (over the phone). I used to work for a free newspaper in Detroit and covered all of the punk and metal bands. Dave was probably the nicest guy I ever interviewed (and I interviewed quite a few!). Tom Araya (Slayer) was probably a close second. It was usually the young bands that were in their moment in the spotlight that were real jerks.

OS
    Android
    I'm not surprised; Dave Murray has always come across as a total class act. True of all of them, I imagine, Dickinson included... I just think he's a little... spicier sometimes. Must have been a pretty cool interview... do you remember what you asked him?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!