Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maiden Rarities

have seen Rasmus's collection & in all fairness i believe it would take some beating.it is an awesome collection he has & i would to have it😃
    i have a few things but like Rasmus it would take a while to list them

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    It's all good, man. I really just figured people might talk about favourite things... more listed my own stuff for the sake of something to write.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

I have a Nicko drum head that I was able to catch at a show in 2003. I also have a wristband from Dave Murray from a 2012 show. In terms of music items, I think the rarest items I've got are the Eddie's Archive & the Ed Head Boxset. Plus all the Castle 2CD reissues.

OS
    Android
    Sweet man! Especially the drum head.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

EdFool - It was for Matter of Life and Death... so about 10 years ago. So 10 years of Guinness pints between then and now, and not surprisingly, I don't remember much of our conversation! I wonder if I have the tape of our chat somewhere...

OS
    Android
    Cheers man, that is a while!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    Hi folks

I've started collecting Maiden as a kid back in 1985... First things I owned were simply gifts from my cousins and so the rest of the family... Collecting any stuff from so called ''west'' was very hard in Poland back then as we were living behind ''the iron curtain''... Music from Soviet Union, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, East Germany be my guest - yet records from England, USA etc. was almost not possible to buy (unless you had a fortune to spent on a black market)... So I've asked anyone who had a chance to go abroad to buy me ANYTHING from beloved Maiden...
    In 1985 a Polish record company named ''Tonpress'' made their pressing of ''Live After Death'' and the price was 3200 zloty... I could admire the record through the window of the local bookstore everytime I went back home after school... One day it was gone, so my heart stopped and I dared to enter and ask the nice lady about the record... ' - No we not sold it yet, it's just laying somewhere else, young man You would like to buy it? That's a lot of money, you know...' ' - Yes, someday I WILL buy it definitely, but now I simply can't afford If you would be so kind to hide and keep it for me, to prevent from buying by someone else, I would be very grateful, please' ' - I really shouldn't hide the goods from people wishing to buy them, but OK I'll keep the record for you - she smiled, but you gotta promise me that you'll buy it' ' - Sure thing, Madam I will buy it and thank you!!!'... I was saving all my pocket money not buying literally any sweets, books etc. for over a half year!... I was so very pleased when I finally got it in my hands... I saved a bit more than needed to buy the nice lady some good chocolate for the favour she did to me... So this record is quite special to me as it brings some good memories as well as tthe others...

Later is was easier cause the times were better and I had my own money that I earned from working to spent on my passion... So my collection was bigger and bigger... Sure thing I can't compete with Rasmus who has probably a half of everyting Maiden sold worldwide LOL yet I think it's a decent one...
    Too much time to mention and so the drag off shelves all the stuff... So couple of pics I made quite long ago...

OS
    Android

OS
    Android

OS
    Android