• Magus Allied Soldier

3 16.67%
  • Hellhound

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Which Character to Upgrade?

I've beat the game on all levels, so at this point trying to get characters developed for Night City.

With the frustrating drop rate, it's a challenge deciding which 4* character to upgrade.

In the running are Soldier Eddie, Carriage Rider Eddie, Magus Allied Soldier, and Hellhound.

This will be my first to evolve to 5*, and then back to the slow-as-molasses grind for more 3* rainbow shards. Most of my campaigning has been done with Soldier Eddie, a Corrupt General, and a Magus Allied Soldier.

I also have a "Warrior" team with a Nomad I'm currently leveling and a level 80 Hellhound. Haven't used them as much.

If I decide Sodier Eddie I'll have to hold off a bit and be optimistic I'll get four 3* yellow shards in the Gunner dungeon

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Nicko; 09-16-2016 at 03:01 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    My first 5* was Soldier Eddie. Since he is my most used character I figured if I leveled him up all the way, I could team him up with characters that still need some experience and not lose all my battles along the way

My 2nd was Blue Allied Soldier.
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave, I don't wanna die, I'm a god why can't I live on!

Champions: Soldier Eddie (Lvl. 100), Assassin Possessed Mine (Lvl. 100), The Nomad (almost lvl. 100)

RisenOsiris-7856

OS
    iOS
    I did the opposite of jp, promoted magus allied solider to 5 stars first. But this was because I didnt have enought 3* gold evo shards for soldier eddie. I did however have enough 3* blue evo shards so I went with who I could. Once I got the last needed 3* gold evo shard (and had enough rainbow shards) I did promote soldier eddie 2nd.

5* allied magus soldier and 4* solider eddie with some high talismans are pretty sweet in the damage department.

I might do hell hound next but i am waiting to see what/when happens with new content first.
    Bryan-3528

"Was many years ago that I left home and came this way, I was a young man, full of hopes and dreams"

OS
    iOS
    Looks like a three way tie...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Seems like Magus Allied Soldier would benefit the most, depending on your talisman setup. That's the one with low health issues.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    Seems like Magus Allied Soldier would benefit the most, depending on your talisman setup. That's the one with low health issues.
    CR Eddie could benefit from a health boost as well...an extra talisman slot for a green

I do think right now it's between CR Eddie and Allied Soldier. That gunner dungeon is tough at the higher levels and getting four more 3* yellow shards may take a few weeks. Hellhound can wait.

I've been using CR Eddie primarily to remove beneficial effects from trolls in the underworld. Soldier Eddie is my main, and I switch to CR when needed for his special. I did score a Samurai Eddie today so I'll be using him as well

Blue allied soldiers shield is ridiculously good; it got me through the underworld but by now I'm a little bored with him. CR Eddie is newer for me and looks so dang cool.

With that being said, Im thinking the allied soldier may be the best choice unless someone can convince me otherwise...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Even knowing all bugs related to Magus Allied Soldier,do you guys suggest to Evolve that?
    and how freeze talisman works on him !

strangely enough,this is the most popular/discussed Ally,still i can't find any dedicated thread on it.

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

Senior Member Schadenfreud-0217's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Definitely one of the Eddies, you can have your allies die, but if Eddie dies - you lose. Also Carriage and Soldier are top tier Eddies, you should just choose the one that better fits your team composition.
    Schadenfreud-0217

Maxed Champions:
    Speed of Light Eddie (Magus)
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus)
    Soldier Eddie (Gunner)
    The Nomad (Warrior)
    Angel of Fear (Warrior)
    Child of the Damned (Gunner)
    Child of the Damned (Assassin)
    Allied Soldier (Magus)
    Soulless Demon (Sentinel)

Using CotD as leader, if you want me to switch to any of the others, or just have questions towards me in general, feel free to P.M. me.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreud-0217 View Post
    Definitely one of the Eddies, you can have your allies die, but if Eddie dies - you lose. Also Carriage and Soldier are top tier Eddies, you should just choose the one that better fits your team composition.
    I'm not sure if your post was to respond my questions or just a general comment on this thread,
    my question was specifically for Magus Allied solider.
    they are not same shards to evolve soldier Eddie and magus Allied Soldier.

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    iOS
    Allied soldier works fine at 4 stars, with a limited quantity of shards available he'd be one of my last choices.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.