Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Introducing LOTB's Lead Designer + Upcoming Features and Fixes

Hi I'm Kaz, the lead designer on LOTB.

A little about me, I've been in the industry about 12 years and have worked on a wide variety of projects, from smaller mobile and indie games like Profit Motive and Spy Wars to large scale console titles, such as the Prototype franchise. As I mentioned in a post yesterday, our team continues to work on overall game health and bug fixing. Here are some details:

• Tuning: Within the next few weeks we will be releasing a build focused on character tuning and balancing as well as reward drop rates. The goal there is to increase the viability of many underpowered characters and fix the abuse cases of certain effects in the game (such as Accuracy). We are also looking to give players better access to higher tier evolution materials so they have more opportunity to build out a greater variety of teams.

• Bug Fixes: We are looking into the issues players on Android 7 are experiencing and hope to have a solution soon. Our team is also currently working on the freezing and crashing we’re seeing in battles and improvements to the stability of the inventory system.

• New Content and Game Modes: There is a lot of awesome new content coming down the pipe, including a set of new and powerful Eddies, which can be earned directly via Trooper Badges, clearing Daily Challenges (coming soon), and by competing with other players in the Arena. Speaking of which, here’s a quick sneak peek of what PvP has in store:

In addition, all new worlds and characters are well into production and will start rolling out later this year.

So, there’s a lot in the works as you can see and we look forward to sharing more specifics with you as we near each release.

Finally, on behalf of the LOTB team, I’d just like to give a big thanks to this community. Your passion for the game truly inspires us and keeps us working hard to make it as awesome as possible.

Stay tuned for more news in the coming weeks!

-Kaz

Yay! Thanks for the update! Vs. Mode looks amazing!

OS
    Android
    YAAAAAAAY!!!!! Kaz, you have earned my respect. Looking forward to all of the new features! Up the irons!
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave, I don't wanna die, I'm a god why can't I live on!

Champions: Soldier Eddie (Lvl. 100), Assassin Possessed Mine (Lvl. 100), The Nomad (almost lvl. 100)

RisenOsiris-7856

OS
    iOS
    this sounds great Kaz, i have said this before that eddies should be given out as rewards and not just from random drops. from your comment above i guess this will be the case now -

"There is a lot of awesome new content coming down the pipe, including a set of new and powerful Eddies, which can be earned directly via Trooper Badges, clearing Daily Challenges (coming soon), and by competing with other players in the Arena"

PS - prototype was a killer game. Cheers

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the update Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz_LOTB View Post
    • Tuning: Within the next few weeks we will be releasing a build focused on character tuning and balancing as well as reward drop rates.
    Does this include the characters from souls too? as they have been atrocious lately Im aware of the use of RNG in games but the best character i had drop was the 4* Gunner DESERT MARAUDER from a Legendary soul
    One of my troopers has 10+ Speed of light Eddies 5+ Mummy Eddies amd many more is this purely due to him spending more?
    February 2nd 2017 Update was a COMPLETE CLUSTERFUCK ! and the final nail in the coffin
    http://www.thewalkingdeadnomansland.com/
    Zombie Stompers
    Kill all Walkers and anyone who gets in your way!
    Kill 'Em All
    UK Based Walker killers

How many walkers have you killed?
    How many people have you killed?
    Why?
    150 * MINIMUM

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by AmBush-UK View Post
    Thanks for the update Kaz

Does this include the characters from souls too? as they have been atrocious lately Im aware of the use of RNG in games but the best character i had drop was the 4* Gunner DESERT MARAUDER from a Legendary soul
    One of my troopers has 10+ Speed of light Eddies 5+ Mummy Eddies amd many more is this purely due to him spending more?
    With some of the new tuning updates and modes (especially daily challenges), you will have more opportunities to earn rare characters. In terms of the drop rates themselves, the repeats at each tier are mainly a result of the amount of content in the game, which we are currently in the process of expanding. We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
    Last edited by Kaz_LOTB; 09-16-2016 at 10:46 PM.

OS
    iOS
    We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
    Amazing! Every cloud has a silver lining

I'd like to think that when I die
    I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again
    Reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again.

Please remove image/Video when you quote a message,easier to browse the thread,(faster browsing/saves mobile data)

OS
    iOS
    Wow that's awesome news kaz thanks!
    Dutch-2701

5* Lvl 100 Champions all maxed talismans (If on my trooper list, let me know if you need me to change my current Champ)

* Grim Reaper (Champ)
    * FOTD
    * Carriage Rider
    * Warrior Troll
    * Warrior COTD
    * The Nomad

OS
    Android
    With some of the new tuning updates and modes (especially daily challenges), you will have more opportunities to earn rare characters. In terms of the drop rates themselves, the repeats at each tier are mainly a result of the amount of content in the game, which we are currently in the process of expanding. We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
    Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 1234
Size:  544.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWarrior View Post
    Amazing! Every cloud has a silver lining
    Ineed it does
    February 2nd 2017 Update was a COMPLETE CLUSTERFUCK ! and the final nail in the coffin
    http://www.thewalkingdeadnomansland.com/
    Zombie Stompers
    Kill all Walkers and anyone who gets in your way!
    Kill 'Em All
    UK Based Walker killers

How many walkers have you killed?
    How many people have you killed?
    Why?
    150 * MINIMUM

OS
    iOS
    We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
    I've already "sacrificed" my dupes for gold!

Oh well

Thanks for the update and looking forward to the new content!
    Nicko-0517