Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Red bomber boy and broken mechanic?

The other thread was closed and I feel like this topic could use more discussion.
    I feel like gonzo was running a whole bunch of probably OP characters and it wasn't necessarily the bomber boys fault. The allied general gonzo has is Max skill, level, talisman, and from what I've seen easily the most OP char in the game; blue allied soldier is a ridiculous OP character in his own right; the red bat has a sweet passive, and soldier Eddie is clearly a little spammy with his fury. I have also been on autopilot with this game for well over a month now and was running none of these characters. Most of us end game players use auto battle on every level but a couple of the level 10 rifts, and the beast in underworld on madness, and you don't need any of these characters to do it. Once you've got a decent character with all level 50 matched set talismans, and some sort of party synergy, this can be done without much hassle.

I currently have a bomber boy and I've been playing with him quite a bit, I'm debating on whether he's worth the upgrade to five stars because of the incoming nerf. My dilemma is I don't feel he's all the great, he's squishy, he doesn't hit very hard, and other than his passive he's not bringing much to the table. He does true damage as well which doesn't fit all that great with my hellhounds life steal ability. I feel like he does synergize well with many different characters, certainly not OP by any stretch. The kicker here too is that if the special abilities don't kick in on the first round/you don't get perfect attacks either, you're probably sentencing your glass cannons to death ->including the bomber boy. He's probably a solid character for farming, but I'm I'd probably rather take something else for a run at number of the beast.

I really do hope this is well tested before we truly smash the nerf bat down on a decent character and ruin it for everyone else, over a rage quit rant someone made a long time ago. Maybe special talisman effects on AOE characters need some sort of a nerf so it doesn't trigger against all enemies every time?
    No offence to Gonzo of course, I'm not trying to spit on someone grave, I just feel like to change the direction of the game due to that thread is probably a little absurd.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    I have used the red bomber boy and don't think it is really over powered, granted I do not have the general, but I have tried several combos with him. I have two overwhelming green on him just to keep it alive. The way I look at is is by its self the bomber boy is ok but has the potential to be really good in the right team. But what are the odds of getting that right team? I play a ton and still don't have a general but other have gotten two or three. The r g in this game makes is hard for anyone to get that perfect team. I have seen posts of the samari eddy getting crazy hits in the right team does that me it should be nerfed? I think not. I mean the samari eddy is one of the hardest toons to get so it should be great. I look at it like this no one toon will win the game for you.

At this point in the game (no pvp) the thinking of an over powered toon just does not apply. When pvp opens then certain toons may be more powerful then others and some balancing may need to be looked at. Think about permadeath toons like axis bomber boy. When pvp starts I bet we will start hearing people wail that this toon or that toon is op.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

If they nerf AOE talisman added effect, they should at least make it work with all offensive ability instead of just the basic attack. It does not even trigger with Eddie future and past basic attack.

OS
    iOS
    I don't have Red bomber boy so I can't really say if he's OP or not.

But the effect of the Allied General should NOT be underestimated. He is amazing on my team, keeps my Pharaoh Eddie almost constantly invincible by constantly generating power and fury.

BTW: I messaged Gonzo earlier today and he's totally done with the game. Too bad.

OS
    Android
    I have one of these on my trooper list, and it didn't seem that OP to me. I can already get an accuracy boost from soldier Eddie's roulette most of the time if I really need it. Now the Alliance General, I have one, and that buff alone combined with a samurai Eddie trooper was pretty insane damage. I've yet to get anywhere even remotely close to that with anyone's soldier Eddie. Warrior COTD + Alliance General + Samurai Eddie looks like one crazy combination on paper.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    iOS
    I would kill for a samari eddy or a general. I have used them a troopers but just can't seem to get one. It's funny the toon that is considered op is always the one you don't have haha. Oh well I'll get one sooner or later. I just hope the devs don't go swinging the nerf bat around. Hey that would be a great toon the "Red Nerf Bat".
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

OS
    Android
    i'm sure, that his passive ability is way to op. take an corrupt general, he has an 65% to stun an enemy. with the passive boost (+35%) he stuns with a chance of 88%, thats way to high.

or look at this constellation from matter of life and dead:

Name:  2016-09-22 01_28_46-Einstellungen.png
Views: 334
Size:  288.0 KB

if you don't kill/stun the guys in the first round, they can easily have 8 extraturns in a row, till you are dead and you can do nothing about it. it's so ridiculous to watch it.

sure, you need the synergy effect but if you got one char, that fits with the bomber boy you are in very good shape against most other players.

so they have to reduce it in some way before pvp starts. but atm that's not the game killer for me.
    it's simply one leak, which we can exploit untill the devs close it "in the upcoming months" :-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I think when pvp starts the person that gets the first hit will have the advantage. Unless everything changes.
    Eagleknight-9103

I'm Back.

Accuracy is op, everyone noticed it.
    It is better to balance 2 char then all the sets of talismans with effects.

Also the stun effect of corrupted general is too much, make it 30, 40 when powered with shards and it's ok.

On pvp side, initiative is a great advantage, you can balance it with counterpicks, the one that act first also picks his team first, the opponent picks his team after seeing the other team.
    QED-6465 (Daily player, I rotate my shared characters).

OS
    iOS
    My point was I don't feel it's the accuracy buff that's the problem, I feel it's the characters he's paired with like the two generals lol. You might say Samurai Eddie's basic is OP when paired with accuracy, but it's not (to me at least), it can generate multiple extra turns for sure, but I'm sacrificing either a tank or a healer for that effect (which samurai HAS to have), and if it doesn't work, I'm in big trouble. And the big ticket: it's not going to kill a boss. I'll take a yellow CoTD any day with samurai over the Bomber. And since the bomber doesn't buff my attack (also a necessity with samurai), I have to bring an ally for that effect as well.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.