Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Red Bat

OS
    iOS

The Red Bat

So, I finally got enough shards to upgrade my bat to 5 stars. I was using him as a 4 star character in all game modes/maps without too many issues prior to this. The character is fantastic. Kind of took me a while to figure out the best way of using him in my team, and took a long time to figure out the talisman sets and build them up.
    Here is the end result:

The thought process behind the talisman build:
    I do plenty of damage with samurai and soldier Eddie already, so I wanted added value Passives and skill effects for the character.

Two mandatory red spots: since this character does not directly scale the attack stat, I wanted more value from the red slots so I went with the fire fierce versions. I'm sure a skilled talisman would have been better instead of the Fierce, but the talismans would have been restricted to this character alone and too inflexible for me. I didn't have any skilled fire talismans either, and WAS NOT interested in farming them. When the skill triggers it sets fire to the enemy with basic attack only for two turns on each hit; which works out to about 4K-8k in damage. Seems to not trigger the advertised 35%. This was a solid value talisman for this character.
    The mandatory yellow spot: I had thief talismans hanging around and kind of wanted an excuse to get them to level 50. The red bat scales special with its power attack, so I receive added value for dedicating 3 talismans of the yellow variety. These thief talismans are not matched, 2 of them increase attack, and 1 increases magic, but since this character does true damage, it didn't matter (more on this later).

The leftover talisman: obvious choice here was increasing HP so health overwhelming was a no brainer.

How the build synergizes and how to play it:
    Okay, here is where it gets interesting.... The trick is to have your third character do AOE damage and have it attack first, followed by the bat (you're looking for a perfect hit to trigger the fury generating skill), then follow up with soldier Eddie last with either his fury, or his bullet trace skill to kill an enemy. This first round should kick in the red bats passive of first blood which then allows the entire party to have another set of turns. The trick to perpetuate this cycle is to keep using the bats attack, even if there are a bunch left in the mob with a sliver of health, you want the thief skill to trigger again, and again, and again. With some practice you can get soldier Eddies fury to trigger almost every turn, sometimes twice a turn in manual mode. In auto, it triggers about every two or three turns. The red bat has a nice special stat with this build, so even if you can't trigger the thief skill, the fury meter fills fast anyway.
    Now before anyone has a freak out about this character and talisman setup being broken OP; please note, this is a farming strategy, not a boss strategy, and if you run into trolls (or anything with a shield), and you try soldier eddies fury on a first hit, you're likely to do 20k+ damage to yourself, and blow your whole team back to stage 1 of the time rift.

I've put the bat up has my champion for all my troopers to try. It's an incredibly fun build/toon, and took me weeks to get it all maxed out. Enjoy.

And if it gets nerfed next update. I'm quitting lol.

Edit: forgot to mention, it's basic attack stuns, generates fury, sets things on fire, and it's passive triggers another set of turns for your whole party.
    Last edited by aur0ra85; 09-19-2016 at 02:11 AM.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

Pretty cool. How did you come up with this build ? This is what I love about this game, lots of options for each character!

OS
    iOS
    I got all the angels... Except the red one... Why? Cuz hes the best one, why would the game gimme the guy if hes good?

But damn 2 furies in one turn seems kinda absurd.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    iOS
    It's fun lol.
    And it gets pretty dramatic when you fight a boss. I almost always end up switching out my soldier Eddie for either samurai or Carriage rider due to soldier Eddie taking too much damage by about the second round as I'm not bringing a character with a shield. (Blue allied God soldier, even tho I have a maxed one). I'm going to probably build up the red troll next as a tank, or the Wicker dog king for a glass cannon/debuff.
    Drew-1616
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

OS
    iOS
    great find aurora!
    mammy-7388

So is it worth to make him with 3 yellows instead of 3 health overwhelming? Because his basic attack scales damage as higher the hp. Have you tested it?

OS
    iOS
    Super helpful writeup, aur0ra! Make me want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    I got all the angels... Except the red one...
    Same here! The green one was actually my 1st 4* way back when.

OS
    Android
    I sold around 3...don't like toons that fly
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I bet a matched set of energy talismans of the overwhelming type would go great here. I have tried a couple bats with green builds and they hit about twice as hard as my bat. I don't feel my party needs more damage tho at this time, and I've found 27k HP to be sufficient.
    Drew-1616

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    I sold around 3...don't like toons that fly
    Took me a while to realize I had to keep him on the left side of the screen so he didn't block the enemies' health bars.

And great job, OP. Very interesting stuff. I was just debating whether to take him to 5* or look for another warrior, but maybe I'll give it a try.