Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    I made an estimate that the drop rate on rare talismans is 1/1500 matches played. A full matched set is around 15000 matches in kingdom of sands (where the good ones drop). Even if I'm wrong by a full factor of 10, it's still absurd. Before the drop nerf, I was having to sell them (burning, shock, energy, and thief), because I had so many. It's a broken mechanic, and it was clearly put there on purpose.
    It's okay to be salty (I am). I refuse to spend another dime on this game until something is done. I have a feeling the plan is to simply stuff the rare items in another dungeon with the same old drop rate, in which case I would stop playing entirely.
    Sorry, I feel this was quite the underhanded gesture by the game team (whichever one was in place at the time).

And as far as I'm concerned it's been nearly 6 weeks of this nonsense, we have a right to complain openly. We've enabled this to go on as a group by not being vocal enough.
    Reading the description for "Brave New World" makes it seem like you are on the right track. I've got a few each of all these talismans kicking around, but they all came to me weeks ago. Hopefully the new dev team has some better ideas on how to improve this aspect of the game.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeb99 View Post
    I've scored two piercing talismans on the first quest of battlefield madness today if that helps anyone. Easy to autofarm that one too. Today was the first time I've landed them there, as it is mostly runes and evo runes there. I suspect they can drop anywhere in battlefield madness, as I have another from a different quest there.

I also have a Death set that came from underworld normal, first quest. 3 separate drops, same mission. They don't look like they are worth it though.
    Thanks for the heads up. Glad you're still enjoying the game!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreud-0217 View Post
    The mistake most people make is assume that red talismans are for warriors, blue for mages etc. They're not. You should choose the talismans according to the character's skills and what they scale from.
    For example I'm using 3 assassin talismans (Void) on my Nomad, because he deals TRUE and RANDOM damage with his attack and ability and therefore scales with both Attack and Magic. The only constraint you have is the 3 coloured slots which you have to keep in mind when choosing how to build your character.
    Also - Void talisman proc is a reflect shield (like Allied Soldier Magus') that lasts 1 turn and it procs quite often. Vampire talisman is basically only fit for characters who deal both Attack and Magic (NOT TRUE) damage, because it gives lifesteal. The only character I've seen fit to ware this at this point is the Mummy Dog, whose basic attack deals both atk and magic.
    I'll throw a bone to the forum here in this thread. True damage scales attack and magic yes, but the modifier is a sum of in terms of formula.
    For example here's my red pyro soldier:
    (attack + magic)(0.49) =damage produced per character per hit on a perfect attack.

With numbers (assassin set):
    795+ 230 +(342*6) + (230* 0.15) + (795* 0.15) + 163 + 163 + 696 = 4252 * (0.49) = 2083 damage per hit
    Base attk. Base def. ass mod. Ass mod. Hlth Over. Red Fierce

I'll Simply post the stats of guardian fierce:
    230 + 795 + 3294 =4319 combined stats *(0.49) = 2116 damage on a perfect hit.
    As you can see, the guardian fierce gives very slightly better results. One interesting point here is my character has two green slots, and one red slot, so I'm left with three blanks where I would be required to put purple talismans if I chose to use them, in short, I miss out on a bonus modifier because I'd have one odd red talisman without a matched pair.
    The final verdict: I'm expecting most true damage characters to gain a slight advantage for damage with strength fierce Talsimans. In addition, strength fierce Talismans have 590HP more per talisman, which gives a huge benefit over a purple set. I do expect variation as to which talisman is better on certain characters, and this will almost always be governed by the colored slots which require you to carry certain colored sets.
    I'm sure some of you math nerds with the formula now will immediately test out the damage and come up with a modifier for your particular character. My pyro soldier modifier is 0.49 and I expect to see certain characters with MUCH high modifiers i.e. The nomad.
    At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with putting a maxed purple set on a character, especially if you want to gain a skill ability like the void shield, you aren't giving up a lot of damage. You are however giving up a fairly significant HP bonus.
    Last edited by aur0ra85; 09-21-2016 at 04:37 PM.
    Drew-1616
    16 5 star characters level 100, 51 max talismans. Mostly Red builds.
    I rotate between the red bat, hellhound, samurai, soldier, purple harpy, and Carriage Rider. Looking for active troopers with Eddie champion, or max talisman ally.

I'll throw a bone to the forum here in this thread. True damage scales attack and magic yes, but the modifier is a sum of in terms of formula.
    (attack + magic)(0.49) =damage produced per character per hit on a perfect attack.

795+ 230 +(342*6) + (230* 0.15) + (795* 0.15) + 163 + 163 + 696 = 4252 * (0.49) = 2083 damage per hit

I'll brb. Post reserved.
    Ohhh ... I see where you going with this. Never thought about it before, gotta test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreud-0217 View Post
    The mistake most people make is assume that red talismans are for warriors, blue for mages etc. They're not. You should choose the talismans according to the character's skills and what they scale from.
    For example I'm using 3 assassin talismans (Void) on my Nomad, because he deals TRUE and RANDOM damage with his attack and ability and therefore scales with both Attack and Magic. The only constraint you have is the 3 coloured slots which you have to keep in mind when choosing how to build your character.

Also - Void talisman proc is a reflect shield (like Allied Soldier Magus') that lasts 1 turn and it procs quite often. Vampire talisman is basically only fit for characters who deal both Attack and Magic (NOT TRUE) damage, because it gives lifesteal. The only character I've seen fit to ware this at this point is the Mummy Dog, whose basic attack deals both atk and magic.
    ... and the possessed mine. And a few others. Vampire is not useless by any means.

OS
    Android
    I also have 3 invisibility talismans now, one of which just dropped from the first quest of battlefield madness.
    Reeb99-9320

Make the Angel of Fear great again!
    Restore the single target damage!
    No other character has been nerfed so many times!
    Many other characters do much higher damage, and have USEFUL passive skills!
    Why do you hate that character SO MUCH?

OS
    Android

I'll Simply post the stats of guardian fierce:
    230 + 795 + 3294 =4319 combined stats *(0.49) = 2116 damage on a perfect hit.
    As you can see, the guardian fierce gives very slightly better results. One interesting point here is my character has two green slots, and one red slot, so I'm left with three blanks where I would be required to put purple talismans if I chose to use them, in short, I miss out on a bonus modifier because I'd have one odd red talisman without a matched pair.
    The final verdict: I'm expecting most true damage characters to gain a slight advantage for damage with strength fierce Talsimans. In addition, strength fierce Talismans have 590HP more per talisman, which gives a huge benefit over a purple set. I do expect variation as to which talisman is better on certain characters, and this will almost always be governed by the colored slots which require you to carry certain colored sets.
    I'm sure some of you math nerds with the formula now will immediately test out the damage and come up with a modifier for your particular character. My pyro soldier modifier is 0.49 and I expect to see certain characters with MUCH high modifiers i.e. The nomad.
    At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with putting a maxed purple set on a character, especially if you want to gain a skill ability like the void shield, you aren't giving up a lot of damage. You are however giving up a fairly significant HP bonus.
    i really like your comment...the game and some players are getting more professional with every day. unfortunatly it's not very complex, so there isn't too much left to discover. the game breaks down in pretty simple math, but that's very common.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Dude you dunno how stressed i was when i heard that the nomad actually needed magic... Thank god i used strength fierces on him...

Also SINCE WHEN DID THE NOMAD DEAL TRUE AND RANDOM DAAMAGE?!? Ive used the guy for 2 months now and i didnt know that...
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!